S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Error Lights On Dash Never Seen Before/ Only Climate Control Works

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 s550
Error Lights On Dash Never Seen Before/ Only Climate Control Works

Hi All,

Mods feel free to move this if it is in the wrong section. I've searched quite a bit and can't seem to find an answer to this problem. First, when driving my 2008 S550, every few minutes a yellow gradient changing into red series of bars appears in the middle of the speedometer,a accompanied by a ringing. I'll attach a picture to describe what I'm talking about. Also, a second error light that appears to occur now that I've never seen before is a set of four red small squares, once again in the middle of the speedometer. Does anyone know what these lights mean?

Also, I'm unsure if these issues are related or not, but as of right now, the only electrical control unit that is working is the climate control. When I hit radio/nav/ or try to bump the wheel up to bring up the normal command center nothing happens. The only thing I am able to turn on/off right now is the climate control. Any idea on what seems to be going on? Please give any input. I am supposed to drive this car from NY to FL next week and want to make sure there are no problems.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:05 PM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 247 Likes on 213 Posts
That is your front parktronic acting up. The four red light mean your parktronic has encountered a problem and is off.

However, if almost nothing works I imagine you have a bigger issue and the parktronic lights are a side effect.

Car needs to be read with star...
Old 02-10-2016, 10:20 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 S550
BB60...I was told at the dealer that the four red lights mean that you may have a cracked or out of place sensor. Dealer blames on road hazard.

Hd