S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Paint protection film

Old 05-13-2016, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Mercedes Benz S500 (sports version)
Paint protection film

I am thinking to apply paint protection film on the front and sides of my mercedes 2010 s500.

It is kinda expensive ranging from usd 700 to usd 2000. Is it worth it? I am a car freak so want to prevent small scratches aswell..but not sure if paint protection films are good. Some people say just use car wax once a month which is good enough and dont use so much money on paint protection film..help!
Old 05-14-2016, 08:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2007 Mercedes S600
I remember hearing that Plastidip (and the competing brands of liquid wrap) have come out with a new clearcoat basically that acts to protect paint. I'll take a look and see if I can find some more information.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:55 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
We love all makes and models.
Originally Posted by Mo_Qazi
I am thinking to apply paint protection film on the front and sides of my mercedes 2010 s500.

It is kinda expensive ranging from usd 700 to usd 2000. Is it worth it? I am a car freak so want to prevent small scratches aswell..but not sure if paint protection films are good. Some people say just use car wax once a month which is good enough and dont use so much money on paint protection film..help!
It's most definitely worth it if you do not want rock chips, swirl marks and fine scratches on the front end of your vehicle from rocks, bugs, bird droppings etc. The problem with just wax or a sealant/coating is that they don't offer impact protection from rock, bug acids, etc. Some films are self-healing, so you won't see swirl marks or fine scratches from a car wash brush or dirty microfiber. Our film ULTIMATE is self-healing and will help protect the paint on your Mercedes. If you have any questions please let us know

Keep in mind these are what we typically see across the country and it can vary with these factors:
- Where you live
- Demand for paint protection film
- Size of your vehicle

For a partial front end: This includes 18-24” up the hood and fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights. This ranges from $895 - $1,195.
Paint protection film-partial-.jpg

For full front coverage: This includes the entire hood and front fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights. This ranges from $1,895 - $2,195.
Paint protection film-full-front.jpg

For full car coverage: This includes every painted surface on the car possible. This ranges from $4,500 - $8,000.
Paint protection film-whole-car.jpg

Last edited by XPEL; 05-16-2016 at 09:58 AM.