S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Temp. Display and seat belt chime

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 04:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz S500L and S500 Night Edition
Temp. Display and seat belt chime

Good morning all,

Just bought a Nov. 10 mint W221 S-Class 500L with 15K on the clock and 60K less than the owner paid for it new!! Wow what a great drive. However, I'm doing a little bit of fine tuning and would like your help please. I don't do seat belt warning chimes.....it has to go. How please? Also I work in old money so how do I change the inside display for the climate and outside temperature from Centigrade to Farenheit please.

Many thanks in anticipation.

garno
Old 09-04-2016, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 474 Likes on 363 Posts
2015 S550
Originally Posted by garno
Good morning all,

Just bought a Nov. 10 mint W221 S-Class 500L with 15K on the clock and 60K less than the owner paid for it new!! Wow what a great drive. However, I'm doing a little bit of fine tuning and would like your help please. I don't do seat belt warning chimes.....it has to go. How please? Also I work in old money so how do I change the inside display for the climate and outside temperature from Centigrade to Farenheit please.

Many thanks in anticipation.

garno
If you own STAR (or a working clone of it) and have a good working knowledge of using it, you could likely change those items. Otherwise you can ask your dealer to do it. Although they may not turn off the seat belt chime since that's a safety system. Don't expect the dealer to do any free programming.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:39 AM

Ok I'm a bit wet behind the ears but have found what star means and that doesn't really help me. So basically I have to go to the stealership then to change these things. Hey Ho. What about a simple thing like displaying the date anywhere on my display. Anyone?
Old 09-05-2016, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 474 Likes on 363 Posts
2015 S550
Originally Posted by garno
Ok I'm a bit wet behind the ears but have found what star means and that doesn't really help me. So basically I have to go to the stealership then to change these things. Hey Ho. What about a simple thing like displaying the date anywhere on my display. Anyone?
STAR is the dealer diagnostic system that can pinpoint problems with the car and can be used for updating software in modules throughout the car. You can find Chinese clones online for under $1k (a full dealer system is over $20k), but you need to use extreme caution in using it as you can blow up a lot of systems on your car and turn it into a giant paper weight. These cars are not easy for consumers to make programming changes like BMW's are.

I don't think there is any way to display the date in your car....unless you go into the vehicle settings on COMANMD for changing the time. But that is only there for making changes to the time or date. It does seem a bit silly that you can change the date there, but cannot display it anywhere on the dash or COMAND screen for simple reference.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:55 PM

The stealership in the UK Waterhouse Mercedes-Benz said they cannot turn my temperature from Centigrade to Farenheit and definitely cant turn the seat belt chime off!!! I only work in old money. This is ridiculous. Who can help????