S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

No Audio...help!!!

Old 12-24-2006, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 S55 & 97 T88h Supra
No Audio...help!!!

Hey Guys,

was just getting the car ready for a nice the day after christmas trip to las vegas and all of a sudden theres no audio coming from the comand. Theres no audio for the gps, cd changer or head unit. Have you guys ever had this issue come up? I've already tried turnin off the car and back on, using the steering wheel audio controls and still no luck. Would hate to go on a 4-5 hour drive to vegas with no audio whatsoever.

btw, MERRY CHRISTMAS

Last edited by AMG_Mike; 12-24-2006 at 03:06 PM.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Try looking for the fuse on the amp.

As an easier fix, try reseting the ECU. It actually resets many of the load switches as well.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:04 PM

2006 S55 & 97 T88h Supra
hey jangy,

reset the ecu by disconnecting the positive battery terminal?
Old 12-24-2006, 05:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Nah, the ecu trick.

Hold down the accelerator. Turn the key till all the lights come on (don't crank). Keep holding the accelerator down and turn off and remove the key.

That should do it. If not, I would try the battery disco as well. It sounds like the loss is universal enough to be a switch. If it is a fuse, you just gotta find it.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:57 PM

2006 S55 & 97 T88h Supra
is there some kind of confirmation that the accelerator reset method was successful? just tried it but not sure if i did it correctly.
Old 12-24-2006, 06:22 PM

2006 S55 & 97 T88h Supra
Hey Jangy,
thanks for the advice. I called the benz tech and he gave me some bs about fiberoptics...checked the fuse box, the fuses looked fine but one of them was giving me a difficult time. Replaced that one and the audio came right back up! Thanks again man.

Merry Christmas and see ya at the next meet
Old 12-24-2006, 11:26 PM

S55 AMG '06
Same thing happened to me with the audio the other day. I also noticed that the CD wasn't moving when I looked at the time on the track...not just that I wasn't hearing any volume. Turning off the car and restarting didn't fix it, but turning it off, getting out, locking it up, waiting a minute, got back in...voila...problem fixed. Same thing used to happen on my M5. A friend who also has an S55 had the same thing happen. Very common issue...don't sweat it. If it happens again, DO NOT turn off the car, and drive it to the service department at MB so they can run diagnostics while the problem is happening. If you count on them to recreate it...nightmare...it'll never happen again while it's in the shop. Murphy's law. These cars are so electronics laden that things are bound to happen. Maybe your phone book won't load, maybe the volume goes off, the computer won't recognize the tire pressure...all lovely benefits of owning a MB. Enjoy.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:12 PM
Almost a Member!

99 civic EK hatchback
you might have to get the command reflashed with the latest software. i'd start there. which fuse did you replace by the way?
Old 07-12-2015, 08:26 PM

S
Originally Posted by jangy
Try looking for the fuse on the amp.

As an easier fix, try reseting the ECU. It actually resets many of the load switches as well.
I have the problem where I'm receiving no sound. I have the D2B. I checked the fiber optic lights and it seems to be that everything blinks expect the light from the amp. Although thru the cable the light blinks. Does this mean I have a bad amp? Plus I tried taking a remote lead for my sub amp and I tapped into a blue/black wire from the amp by the fuse... did I mess up? And my cd changer seems to function fine, meaning ejecting and stuff..should try getting a coupler for the cd changer? I disconnected the negative terminal too, no luck.or can it be the voice recognition module. I don't know if I have that module.. 2001 s430