S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Drivers Door malfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 c230
Drivers Door malfunction

Hello folks,

2005 S500 with close assist doors. Now recently I have had issues with the drivers side door closing correctly. I took the door apart and found the actuator was broken and just dangling. Ordered online and replaced without too much issue.

Now I have literally no movement in the door pin mechanism in the same door. It doesnt unlock, doesnt lock, or even attempt to do either. Possible reasons as to why this may have happened? Had no issue prior to this with door locking and unlocking.

After changing the actuator, I still havent had close assist working properly, but I am worried about the more urgent issue of having my doors locked. Manual key lock works, force push down from the inside locks it, just no electrical locking of any sort.

Also, I changed my battery (10 years old!!) and still am having same issues. After taking out the 20a fuse under rear passenger seat, close assist in the trunk works, but not well.

TL/DR: drivers door doesnt lock! Close assist has issues with drivers side and trunk. Rest of doors work well.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: woops, didnt realize this was amg forums. Mods please move or delete.