S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

I need help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 430S
I need help.

Last Thursday my trunk, and doors even soft close feature decided to stop working I had my trunk full of groceries the next day took it to the dealer 15m later trunk was open got everything out but was told by the dealer that they didn't know what was wrong that I need it to drop the car off so they can research the problem. I really don't wanna pay dealer price so I'll ask here what will be the best way to fix this.

1 when I first notice it I turn the AC on and I heard the sound a tire makes when you're letting air out coming from the vent that's right next to the passenger window after that air stop is when I could open the trunk and everything stop working.
2 the central console won't lock or unlock the doors nor will the rear head restraints be put down.
My question is if anyone here could guide me in the right direction maybe have had this happen to then and can save me some money or dealer is my only option

Thanks
Old 05-12-2015, 08:54 PM

2002 430S
Anybody!!!
Old 05-13-2015, 07:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 Mercedes S63 AMG
Best bet is to have the dealer look at it. It seems as if your having an electrical problem which is probably the most difficult issue to investigate.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:43 AM

2002 430S
Originally Posted by triniexr
Best bet is to have the dealer look at it. It seems as if your having an electrical problem which is probably the most difficult issue to investigate.

Thanks for your reply, what puzzles me is that the dealership open it in less than a min. Less and since mine was an emergency situation because of the groceries I was just told to leave and to make an appointment. But where could have that air stream come from?
Old 05-13-2015, 11:46 PM

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
'03 S55 (79K miles)
Originally Posted by Neo0019
Thanks for your reply, what puzzles me is that the dealership open it in less than a min. Less and since mine was an emergency situation because of the groceries I was just told to leave and to make an appointment. But where could have that air stream come from?

Your trunk can be opened manually by using the metal blade part of the key inserted into the lock cylinder of the trunk above the license plate, next to the light bulb that illuminates your rear license plate.....insert key blade, turn 180 degrees, trunk unlatch es and you can lift it by hand.

Do you know how to take the metal blade part out of your key fob?

now that you know how to open it manually, you can start figuring out if there is an air leak in the neumatic vacuum pump and air lines that snake around the body of the car to operate all the features you have mentioned. The pump is in the trunk behind the left wall trim.