S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

2008 S63 fuel pump or fuel pump control unit issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S63
2008 S63 fuel pump or fuel pump control unit issue

Dear All,

I have bought a 2008 S63 last month. The car was running fine until one day when the fuel light turned on and I took it to the petrol station to fill it up. After filling it with petrol I drove it only for two or three miles then the engine light turned on and then all of the sudden the car started struggling to move and then switched off. I wasn't getting any power from the engine as engine was struggling.

I put the car in N and then started the engine, this time car started fine and then i drove home without any problem.

Next day I took the car to the local garage they removed the error code and switched off the engine light. Car run fine for couple of days until I went on highway and then it started doing the same thing again.

My local garage is saying it could be fuel pump or fuel pump control unit. The test we have done is that when we leave car running for some time the control unit got hot and then all of the sudden fuel pump did get any power. Just wondering whats the best way to find out exactly what is causing this issue.

following are the error messages:

Error Code 3699 (Fuel Pressure Control. The upper limit value is reached)
Error Code 0745 (Self-adaptation of mixture formation for enrichment....(P2187))
Error Code 2091 (The mixture in the right cylinder is too lean.....)
Error Code 373C (M45 (Engine coolant circulation pump).....)

Will appreciate if anyone can guid what could be wrong and should i try changing the fuel pump first or fuel pump control unit.

Regards
Old 01-09-2016, 04:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes benz GL 320 cdi
Originally Posted by sjan
Dear All,

I have bought a 2008 S63 last month. The car was running fine until one day when the fuel light turned on and I took it to the petrol station to fill it up. After filling it with petrol I drove it only for two or three miles then the engine light turned on and then all of the sudden the car started struggling to move and then switched off. I wasn't getting any power from the engine as engine was struggling.

I put the car in N and then started the engine, this time car started fine and then i drove home without any problem.

Next day I took the car to the local garage they removed the error code and switched off the engine light. Car run fine for couple of days until I went on highway and then it started doing the same thing again.

My local garage is saying it could be fuel pump or fuel pump control unit. The test we have done is that when we leave car running for some time the control unit got hot and then all of the sudden fuel pump did get any power. Just wondering whats the best way to find out exactly what is causing this issue.

following are the error messages:

Error Code 3699 (Fuel Pressure Control. The upper limit value is reached)
Error Code 0745 (Self-adaptation of mixture formation for enrichment....(P2187))
Error Code 2091 (The mixture in the right cylinder is too lean.....)
Error Code 373C (M45 (Engine coolant circulation pump).....)

Will appreciate if anyone can guid what could be wrong and should i try changing the fuel pump first or fuel pump control unit.

Regards
If you run almost out of gas your fuel filter may got some problem because that... try first replacing the filter it may resolve the problem.
Old 01-09-2016, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 930 Likes on 722 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Possible clogged fuel filter with overcurrent on fuel pumps and possible melted fuel pump relay. You did not mention the mileage on your car but...search for the threads on "W211 E55 fuel pump replacement" or "E55 fuel pump relay". The E55 guys to include me have gone through several of these this past year. Except on the E55 we don't get trouble codes.... :-P