S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

ESP inoperative....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
ESP inoperative....

After about a week's trip to the body shop for a front lip install, I'm getting an ESP inop message and keyless go is inop. They told me something interesting, particularly that they keep the keys on the roof of the car at night. Wonder, has this thing been awake for a week? And if so, would a weak or flat battery cause this? Tried clearing the code for the ESP and will not go away, and car does not seem to recognize key. Anyone have any experience or insight with this? Car is an 08, and I think on the original battery, so makes me wonder. Thanks if you can help....
Old 08-06-2015, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Now More....

Cruise control is also now inop (makes me think wheel sensor), dynamic seats inop too. This has got to be a battery issue, right? At best, it is three years old. Front seems to have been replaced, but haven't disassembled rear yet...

Is there such a thing as a mater reboot for these cars? Thanks again. hope someone can provide some insight...
Old 08-11-2015, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ok, so a key....

fixed the Keyless Go problem. But ESP warning remains. You can clear it, but as soon as you restart, it's back. Of course no cruise or dynamic seats.
I would blame in on the SAS, but it tracks perfectly, rides well and has no ther issues....CGW issue?