S63 AMG 4MATIC Coupe, S65 AMG Coupe (C217), Convert. (A217) 2014 -2021

S63 CPO pics - color transformation in progress

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 11:44 PM

Received 112 Likes on 80 Posts
2020 S63 Coupe, 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha, 2018 McLaren 720S, 2022 Porsche 911 TurboS, 2022 Tesla Model X
Newly available LoMo next-gen lowering module is getting installed this Friday... the settings and on/off toggle are fully integrated into the COMAND interface and adjusted by the steering wheel buttons. I believe they are going to video the installation for their website/YouTube. I'll post it if so.

Renntech has a nice new lowering solution too, it plugs into the OBDII port and is adjustable via Android tablet. For those who want to always keep the car lowered it might be a better option; I will be turning it on or off frequently (lowered for short trips on good roads around town, off for longer trips or when roads are more rough) so the integrated control of the LoMo is more appealing.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 158 Likes on 127 Posts
NB8 PARACHUTE
`

Looking forward to your review

of the new next-gen LoMo

lowering module as this is

something that I know that

I am going to want

Thank-You
D.B.

`
Old 12-07-2016, 11:49 AM

2020 S63 Coupe, 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha, 2018 McLaren 720S, 2022 Porsche 911 TurboS, 2022 Tesla Model X
I had the LoMo installed last week. I'm very pleased with it! Suspension control menu is accessed via the steering wheel telephone buttons. It allows for on/off toggle, and independent setting of front and rear from 0 to -10. I currently have both set to -5 which gives about two fingers of space between the tire and fender. With the module set to 0 or off, I was getting three+ fingers of space. Car now has a much better stance and I have not noticed any deterioration in the ride quality. The menu also allows left/right adjustments although I have not found the need to adjust that.

I will keep it lowered for my short daily commutes. For longer highway trips or on rougher roads, I can reset it to stock settings in about 10 seconds reduce inner tire wear.

Renntech came out with their own solution at about the same time, and it is a good one too. It has the advantage of no module requiring installation; it is a software based solution that connects via the ODBII port using a Android tablet. I assume they figured out how to emulate lowering with Star... The LoMo advantage is that there is no need to carry around the tablet and wire/dongle to change the settings. I also had a bad experience with the original Renntech lowering module on my CLS55... it was very flaky, where an adjustment to one wheel would adjust the others in some seemingly random way, making the car very hard to level. Not sure if it was miswired on installation or defective.
The following 2 users liked this post by Heisenberg:
COOPERDB (12-08-2016), Dan_B (12-08-2016)
Old 12-08-2016, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 158 Likes on 127 Posts
NB8 PARACHUTE
`

Great write-up on the LoMo

This is what I want

Thank-You
D.B.

`
Old 12-09-2016, 11:00 AM

Here are a few photos of it lowered. There were taken with the front and rear set at -5, which eliminates excessive wheel gap resulting in improved stance, without noticeably affecting ride quality or causing rubbing. I would guess it is about 12-15mm drop. If anyone wants I can measure it with the module on and off, since it is so easy to toggle.

As an aside, I sadly turned in my CLS63 S-model a couple weeks ago at lease end. It was a great car and I miss some things about it - particularly the race start, console mounted gear shift, and sliding moonroof. Mercedes are you listening ? The dealership must have quickly auctioned it off, it showed up a week afterward for sale at a local used car seller, for the bargain price of $68,900 which was about $10k under the lease buy out. Not unexpectedly, it sold in a couple days... someone got a steal on that car, it was in pristine condition and had under 20k miles. I guess the CLS63 market is soft right now, so in this case the lease was a good move.

Having had both to compare, overall the S63 is in a different league regarding quality of materials and ride comfort, as it should be given the approximately $50k price difference. Also, despite the difference in factory 0-60 sec specification and extra ~ 400 lbs of weight, the S seems at least as fast under 100mph; either the additional torque on the S-Class tune seems to completely offset the additional weight and/or the S63 engine output is more under-rated by the factory. My friend and I had them side by side on the freeway, he has a very heavy foot and said he had a hard time keeping up with the S63. I am still considering a 700hp performance package, which consists of downpipes with high flow cats, software with custom dyno tune, and high flow air filters. I do not want to go catless because of odor and noise, I don't think either are befitting of this car.

I do need a new stable mate for the S63 in 2017. Since it is my ultimate daily driver, I am actually considering something at the total opposite end of the spectrum... a Hummer H1 Alpha There is a black wagon with fully custom interior for sale locally that I'm going to check out next week. Seems like they would be the perfect pairing!
Attached Thumbnails S63  CPO pics - color transformation in progress-img_0167.jpg   S63  CPO pics - color transformation in progress-img_0297.jpg   S63  CPO pics - color transformation in progress-img_0298.jpg   S63  CPO pics - color transformation in progress-img_0299.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Dan_B (12-14-2016)
Old 12-14-2016, 10:40 AM

Received 91 Likes on 64 Posts
2017 S63 Coupe (Roo); 2020 S63 Coupe (Dorian); 2021 Maybach GLS 600 w/all in 4 seat config (Bach S)
That looks great!

Very impressive project and excellent outcome.