S63 AMG 4MATIC Coupe, S65 AMG Coupe (C217), Convert. (A217) 2014 -2021

Waiting for delivery of s550 coupe Edition 1

Old 04-24-2015, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waiting for delivery of s550 coupe Edition 1

Hi all, not sure whether to post this here on the S63 C217 forum since there is no s550 thread.

Like many of you, I've had the pleasure of driving some awesome machines. Not crazy awesome though. I recently traded my 13 Panamera Turbo for a Range Rober Sport Supercharged. Something at the time impressed me. Many things. After a few days I realized I made a mistake, for ME (it's hardly a bad vehicle). Just traded that in for a slightly used 2015 S550 coupe, Edition 1. Currently waiting transport and should have by mid next week. I am super excited. Test drove a non edition 1, but similar options except for high end Burmester 3d. I thought it drive very nice, handles nice for the luxury segment it falls in and the technology is off the charts. I am a music guy so can't wait to hear this 3d system. I was not at all impressed with the base Burmester. I realize it's not worth the $6400 but if it's a significant upgrade, I'm happy. I believe I got a pretty decent deal but who knows. 2200 miles, $134,900 and got back most of my money on the Rover. anything I should be aware of, cautioned about or is it everything it's cracked up to be? Reviews are phenomenal.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
Good for you!
Looking forward to seeing pics
Sorry I don't happen to have any personal experience with the new S-coupes so I cannot say anything that you should be aware of or cautioned about.
They look like absolutely amazing machines overall though!
Crazy how it makes the W221 S-Class (esp interior) seem soooo old/dated! LOL
Old 05-10-2015, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you! I'm loving it! It really is a well built, solid and all there. Very luxurious, technology is unreal. Few small issues but we will figure them out.

The only complaints or maybe "suggestions" I would give to MB for some updates would be

1. A little better body control when cornering at speeds above 10mph. Might be a tad to heavy, at least in feel. Sure, an S63 might solve that but the 63 should be even firmer. Solely in turning feel. But not bad.
2. Reduce the # of interior noises. Lol. There are so many systems in this car there's always some type of buzzing, spinning, or similar. Kind of reminds me that all systems are go! Lol
3. Better quality control on glass top siding cover. A bit unsturdy, Constant Spring breakage and a hell of a time for the techs.
4. Allow for the use, in the USA, for the car to connect to our own mobile phone' internet instead of built in Verizon. That's fine and dandy for mbrace but with all this super tech afforded to us, the extras take so long to display I'm already in park and home before I get to play. and the reality of it is, if I hit the "i" button it takes forever to transfer the call. If this was an emergency, time may be of the essence.
5. An official set of instructions on how exactly to format a USB drive for best usability and compatibility. I burned a drive multiple times, from various sources. No folders, nothing special. All converted MP3 format to ensure comparability. All dropped on root folder. Songs show up, folders display as individual songs, but when I select any given song, it plays another one. It's not on random, it's on regular order, and not once does it okay the right song. It jumps. May be a software issue.
6. At least in my car, the upper portion of each door seems a little hollow and creaking when tapping it or leaning against. Maybe some extra padding or perhaps some clips came loose. I'll have these things looked at by dealer.

Other than that, car is really superb. The interior is just stunning, and wreaking of quality.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
Thanks for the thoughts.
Can't wait to see your photos!