Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don Nguyen | Norcal / Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - December 12th - 19th 2014

Old 12-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Euros
Don Nguyen | Norcal / Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - December 12th - 19th 2014

I am making plans to be back up in San Francisco / Norcal / Bay Area to do vinyl wrap installations again between the dates of December 12th - 19th.

As a side note, I have had requests to do trips to other locations as well (IE east coast, etc). So if you are not local to me and would like to see if I am able to travel out to your state, PM or e-mail me and I’ll put you on my contact list for if I do make it out there and for me to also be able to gauge interest.

Here are links to some of my vinyl wrapping tours up to norcal:
1 - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...066&highlight=
2 - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...389&highlight=
3 - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...186&highlight=

Just a reminder. E-mail (donathon@gmail.com) me to schedule/reserve your appointment slots. Everything is a first come first serve basis. I may have an available time slot one minute and it may be taken the next (this has happened before), so the sooner you can figure out your availability and confirm it with me the better. People who e-mailed me in the past get priority, so if we can't schedule something for you this time, still e-mail me and I will keep you on my priority contact list for the next time I make a trip up to norcal / Bay Area.

For me to process each inquiry as quickly and smoothly as possible, please use the following format below:

Subject title: Norcal December 2014 Trip
Type of car:
Material finish/color (IE gloss black, carbon fiber, etc):
Part(s) you're looking to wrap:

Here are links to pictures the cars that I have worked on and examples of my vinyl work, which I have separated into groups to more easily sort through and view them. My work is not limited to only what's seen/shown below, so feel free to ask if there is something you don't see but are interested in getting done.

Gloss / matte black roof wraps
3M Di - Noc / 1080 carbon fiber roof wraps
Blacked out chrome window trim
Smoked / tinted tail light pictures

Days that I have available at the moment (I will try to keep this as up to date as possible with how many openings I still have available):

Friday - December 12
Saturday - December 13
Sunday - December 14
Monday - December 15
Tuesday - December 16
Wednesday - December 17
Thursday - December 18
Friday - December 19

thanks.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-04-2014, 12:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I have confirmed the shop location that I will be doing all of the vinyl installations for this trip up there. It is going to be at my friend’s detailing shop.

And for those who want to see how far away the location from them is, the address is:
765 Mabury rd
San Jose, ca 95133

Also, his website address is sitelerwash.com/DetailShop, for those who want need any detailing work done. Feel free to contact him and let him know that you got his contact info from Don and he’ll be able to help you out.

The owner of this black Mercedes Benz C250 sedan had me lightly smoke both his head lights and also tail lights with my tint/smoke film. The film is a fairly light shade, so it just tones it down slightly, which still allows a good amount of light to be transmitted through for visibility. The advantage of also doing the head lights is it’ll protect it from road debris and rock chips. It’ll also help prevent it from prematurely fading or hazing up, as you can see happen on a lot of head lights, even on newer cars.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted/smoked - Passenger/right side stock:

Driver/right side tinted/smoked - Passenger/left side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-06-2014, 07:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
It is not uncommon to have customers bring me by cars that have had clear coat or paint damage on them, for me to cover up with my vinyl materials. I have also wrapped over chrome window trim pieces that have oxidized from being out in the sun and exposed weather all the time as well.

The owner of this silver Nissan 350z was having clear coat failure/issues on his roof and wanted a fix that would cover up the ugly oxidizing paint and to also prevent it from spreading further. He had me vinyl wrap his roof with my gloss black vinyl material. In addition to giving the car a new look, it also is going to end up helping protect his roof from further sun damage, especially since this car is parked outside all of the time. It is a good quick and cheaper solution than having the roof repainted. Can be done within a hour, versus dropping your car off at a body shop for a few days to a week to get it painted.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-08-2014, 11:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
In addition to vinyl wrapping, I have started offering plasti dipping services.

I did quite a bit of work on this Black Mercedes Benz E350 blutech. I blacked out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim, lower chrome door pieces, and rear trunk chrome bar with my gloss black vinyl material, lightly smoked/tinted the tail lights, plasti dipped the wheels, rear badges, and front grill. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the front grill after I was done. The owner of this car came from San Diego up to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work and plastidip work done on his car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-08-2014, 11:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
In addition to vinyl wrapping, I have started offering plasti dipping services.

I did quite a bit of work on this Black Mercedes Benz E350 blutech. I blacked out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim, lower chrome door pieces, and rear trunk chrome bar with my gloss black vinyl material, lightly smoked/tinted the tail lights, plasti dipped the wheels, rear badges, and front grill. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the front grill after I was done. The owner of this car came from San Diego up to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work and plastidip work done on his car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-11-2014, 02:32 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
This is a longer post than usual, but I figured it is fitting because it showcases just some of the multiple types of vinyl services that I am able to do. On this silver Mercedes Benz CLS65 AMG, I vinyl wrapped the roof and roof spoiler in my matte black material, blacked out the chrome / brushed aluminum window trim in matte black as well, and lightly tinted / smoked the headlights as well as the turn signal lights on the side mirrors.

The matte black really gives the car an aggressive non-factory look as well as a very sleek look to the roof.

It is a bit ironic, because the owner of this car came down to me in Orange County from the Bay Area, and now I am going to be up in the Bay Area to do some vinyl wrapping. The owner of this car was planning on putting on matte black wheels later on, which will really go well and set off the matte black roof and window trim very well.

Note: The tail lights on this car were not tinted/smoked by me, only the headlights were.

Before:

Headlight before tinting / smoking:

Headlight after tinting / smoking:

Driver side (right) headlight tinted / smoked, passenger side (left) stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-12-2014, 10:53 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
It may seem like a small subtle change to the car, but the before/after pictures shows how big of a difference it really is getting rid of the chrome/brushed aluminum that’s around the windows. It cleans up the looks and lines of the car, and at the same time gives it a more aggressive look.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-14-2014, 11:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I still do have some various spots available throughout the week, however, my weekend appointments are fully booked right now.

My scheduling for this trip is a little bit trickier, due to the weather, however, I'll still be able to figure something out for those who are interested in getting some work done.

Also, for this trip, I have made some accommodations for those who can't drive their car out to me. So even if you don't think you have time to bring the car out to me, let me know anyways and maybe we'll be able to work something out.

Thanks.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-16-2014, 12:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I have had a couple of people tell me that they aren't able to make it out during the weekdays and have been asking if I could do this Saturday, Dec 20th. If I can get enough interested people in getting some work done on Saturday Dec 20th, I can extend my stay a day to accommodate for those cars who are interested. Let me know.

Had a request to post some pictures of a white car with gloss black vinyl applied on the trim. The owner of this white Mercedes Benz C63 coupe had me vinyl wrap the chrome/brushed aluminum trim on his car with my gloss black vinyl materials. The owner of this car was in Irvine and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. The black trim definitely gave the coupe a much sportier look and complemented the rest of the car fairly well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-18-2014, 10:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
The owner of this car previously had me black out the chrome around his window trim and rear trunk bar as well as lightly tint the tai lights. However he decided to come back to also have me wrap the rear trunk spoiler of his car in the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber vinyl material as well, to match the real carbon fiber diffuser he just had put on. Hopefully this will give you guys somewhat of an idea of how the gloss carbon fiber vinyl compares to real carbon fiber parts. The owner of this car drove out to my shop in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. Note, not all spoilers are possible or practical to wrap due to its shapes/curves, but this one happen to be an exception.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com