Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Put in my order today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put in my order today

After LOOOONG deliberations and going back and forth on colors on a S550 Coupe, i decided to cancel the coupe order and instead going for the S63 AMG sedan.

Anthracite Blue
Red Calipers
20" AMG Multi Spoke
Black Excl. Napa
Rear Seat Entertainment
Driver Assistance
Warmth & Comfort
Surround View
Head Up Display
Split View
Carbon Fiber Trim

I am asking the dealer for 314 - AMG 3-Spoke Steering Wheel to see if that can be added.

Can't wait - the price differential between the coupe and the S63 sedan was too small and the added comfort was too large to stay with the coupe.

Any thoughts on the config?
Old 01-20-2015, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 712 Likes on 693 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
congrats on ur order...
Old 01-22-2015, 08:33 AM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
S, GL
Originally Posted by rgribnau
After LOOOONG deliberations and going back and forth on colors on a S550 Coupe, i decided to cancel the coupe order and instead going for the S63 AMG sedan.

Anthracite Blue
Red Calipers
20" AMG Multi Spoke
Black Excl. Napa
Rear Seat Entertainment
Driver Assistance
Warmth & Comfort
Surround View
Head Up Display
Split View
Carbon Fiber Trim

I am asking the dealer for 314 - AMG 3-Spoke Steering Wheel to see if that can be added.

Can't wait - the price differential between the coupe and the S63 sedan was too small and the added comfort was too large to stay with the coupe.

Any thoughts on the config?
Congrats, let us know if the dealer is able to add the steering wheel, where are you located? US or abroad?
Old 01-24-2015, 07:44 PM

Well, changed the color today to Obsidian Black - to be honest, i am a bit disappointed in the color choices of the top MB cars!

Re. the steering wheel, not yet - seems very difficult for no particular reasons - It is option #281 however, on the S-class sedan, this is the 2-spoke wheel with Dinamica grips - on ALL other cars, it is the desired 3-spoke;

I did hear back from MBUSA that it can be done 'after delivery' but i can only imagine the cost - probably 2.5k for the wheel and another .5 or 1k for the Airbag.

The MB rep (which is great, Leith Cary) is still looking into 'options'. Will keep you posted.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:27 PM

S, GL
Reach out to the OP here, he got the 3 spoke wheel in the US on a S550 from the factory. I don't understand why it has to be so difficult especially since it is a standard option for the AMG in the UK, he had a rep at MBUSA that he worked with

https://mbworld.org/forums/new-s-cla...it-begins.html
Old 01-26-2015, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Originally Posted by jenz
Reach out to the OP here, he got the 3 spoke wheel in the US on a S550 from the factory. I don't understand why it has to be so difficult especially since it is a standard option for the AMG in the UK, he had a rep at MBUSA that he worked with

https://mbworld.org/forums/new-s-cla...it-begins.html
S63/65 in Germany come standard with the 3 spoke wheel, why MBNA is pushing on us that geriatric 2 spoke is hard to understand.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:48 PM

W212 E350, 2013 Boss 302, 2014 Jetta TDI
CONGRATS! you will NOT regret this choice!. that car is insane!!!
Old 01-26-2015, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 528 Posts
R Nine T
Well, changed the color today to Obsidian Black - to be honest, i am a bit disappointed in the color choices of the top MB cars!

Re. the steering wheel, not yet - seems very difficult for no particular reasons - It is option #281 however, on the S-class sedan, this is the 2-spoke wheel with Dinamica grips - on ALL other cars, it is the desired 3-spoke;

I did hear back from MBUSA that it can be done 'after delivery' but i can only imagine the cost - probably 2.5k for the wheel and another .5 or 1k for the Airbag.

The MB rep (which is great, Leith Cary) is still looking into 'options'. Will keep you posted.

Had an obsidian sl. Very complex Color for that car perfect. In the sunlight the car takes on different hues that really change the car over time.

Should be great show some Pics
Old 01-29-2015, 08:24 PM

thanks all for your feedback.

So several updates:
- Changed the color to Magnetite Black
- Changed the interior to Excl. Nappa Porcelain / Black
- Changed Carbon Fiber trim to Black Piano
- Removed SplitView - due to resolution concerns

Re. the steering wheel - i escalated the issue to the PM AMG - he confirmed it is NOT possible to do it off factory - which is of course crazy but i respect his perspective - allegedly too difficult logistically etc - SO.. i have ordered the steering wheel aftermarket - US Pricing is crazy - my local dealer quoted $3800 for the wheel and 1940 for the airbag! Will buy it in Europe (mercteil.com) and will get it for approx EUR2200 (USD2600) - still A LOT but i think its a worthy upgrade.

Don't have pics yet - am doing E.D. by end of April - then will post all pics.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:31 AM

S, GL
thanks all for your feedback.

So several updates:
- Changed the color to Magnetite Black
- Changed the interior to Excl. Nappa Porcelain / Black
- Changed Carbon Fiber trim to Black Piano
- Removed SplitView - due to resolution concerns

Re. the steering wheel - i escalated the issue to the PM AMG - he confirmed it is NOT possible to do it off factory - which is of course crazy but i respect his perspective - allegedly too difficult logistically etc - SO.. i have ordered the steering wheel aftermarket - US Pricing is crazy - my local dealer quoted $3800 for the wheel and 1940 for the airbag! Will buy it in Europe (mercteil.com) and will get it for approx EUR2200 (USD2600) - still A LOT but i think its a worthy upgrade.

Don't have pics yet - am doing E.D. by end of April - then will post all pics.
Who is PM AMG, and I think you meant to write not possible to do it at the factory. Also, call other dealers for pricing, my dealer thought the wheel would be 1-2000 and could use my existing airbag.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:28 PM

Yes - at the factory - my typo (or gross negligence).

Re. the Product Manager, i will PM you.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by jenz
Who is PM AMG, and I think you meant to write not possible to do it at the factory. Also, call other dealers for pricing, my dealer thought the wheel would be 1-2000 and could use my existing airbag.
I do not see how you can use the existing airbag.
The shape & form is completely different:

2 spoke http://s1.paultan.org/image/2013/07/...-AMG-00020.jpg
3 spoke http://www.thedetroitbureau.com/wp-c...e-interior.jpg
Old 02-15-2015, 03:58 PM

'05 E55
I do not see how you can use the existing airbag.
The shape & form is completely different:

2 spoke http://s1.paultan.org/image/2013/07/...-AMG-00020.jpg
3 spoke http://www.thedetroitbureau.com/wp-c...e-interior.jpg
Nice choices! I think the porcelain/black interior looks incredibly good in this car. Congrats!

Will send you a PM.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:53 PM

Hi Marc - thanks - in the end i changed it again to black / black -- while i love the look of the porcelain, my twin 10yr olds may not keep it as clean as i would so the black, while a bit more boring, is certainly a lot easier to keep up.

PM received & responded to.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:35 PM

'05 E55
Hi Marc - thanks - in the end i changed it again to black / black -- while i love the look of the porcelain, my twin 10yr olds may not keep it as clean as i would so the black, while a bit more boring, is certainly a lot easier to keep up.

PM received & responded to.
Same issue here -- with a 7 year old! I'd love to get the porcelain/black, but I'm thinking a darker color would be more practical!