Sponsored by:

Put some new Michelins on.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 10:17 PM

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
2016 Mercedes S63 4matic sedan
Put some new Michelins on.

I took some photos of my moms car while I was working on it. I replaced all four tires with a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sport. We love them so far. I can not align the vehicle at work because we do not have the proper software and tools to do so. I did road force balance them. Its as smooth as glass. Vehicle go's in on October 5. Service A is due and possibly a gear oil change. Need to talk to them about that. I read it in the service manual. Also will be getting an alignment done. No issues so far. Car runs fantastic.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:44 AM

Follow up to first service.

Took vehicle to Aristocrat Motors here in Kansas. Everything of course was amazing. First Mercedes service A complete (oil change and wiper blades, vehicle check over. No updates available.). Got an alignment since the fronts were trashed. Dreaded outer tire wear. Alignment was way way out of spec. The tech did a great job to get everything as close as he could to the middle of the spec. Vehicle has not been curbed or driven into big pot holes. Cant wait to see how long the Michelins last. Wish I could align the vehicle myself, however we do not have the hardware or software to do so at the dealership I work at. Well going to take the parents for a cruise in there car and see how it drives on the highway, now that everything is a sit should be.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:33 PM

Received 91 Likes on 64 Posts
2017 S63 Coupe (Roo); 2020 S63 Coupe (Dorian); 2021 Maybach GLS 600 w/all in 4 seat config (Bach S)
Thanks for sharing; great pictures with a different perspective.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:05 PM

Thank you. I tried to do something different.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:36 PM

Received 91 Likes on 62 Posts
23'EQS AMG
Looks like that car is fully optioned. Mine if I ask how much you got it for and if there were any discounts? How many miles did the old tires last? You can PM if you want or post it here. Thanks.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:27 PM

This is my moms last car. My dad told me to build my mom a new Mercedes. We traded in her 2002 S500 with the AMG sport package (I think it only had 40,000 miles). Both of them are in there upper 70's to lower 80's. My moms only request was white and she had to have a spoiler. So I check marked everything except for the refrigerator and the executive seating, because we had to have a five seater. I believe my dad paid around 190,000 plus we got the Mercedes prepaid maintenance and extended warranty. He paid in full with a check. As for the tires I replaced them myself as you can see front the pictures. The mileage was right around 7,000 miles. It was the fronts that were done. The outer edges. At our first service A, I had them align the vehicle and try to get as close as possible to the middle. That's how I set up my own cars. They did. The alignment was way way out. I kept the rear tires for spares and put on a full set of the Michelins. Car drives great. I added the Mercedes comfort box several months ago. Its been a great car. I take the both of them for rides, and for some spirited driving. Of the two Mercedes dealers that have seen this car. Both have said they have never seen one with this color combination and optioned out loaded. We had to special order the car. My mom and dad are very very happy. Thanks for the inquiry. I hope I answered everything. Have an awesome day. One day I hope to do some go fast goodies, but for now it is one awesome car.