Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Mercedes CLK 350 vs. Nissan 350z (TOTALLED!!!!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 03:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
911's and beyond
this post should be deleted by an Admin. the poster is a jackass and probably 15yo.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 250 Coupe
DIAF to the OP
Old 09-21-2007, 06:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C32 AMG - RIP :(
it appears to me that the OP stopped racing BEFORE the accident happened. He saw traffic up ahead so he stopped racing and slowed down. The other guy DIDN'T and ended up in the wall. How is this the OP's fault? In what way is he responsible for what the other driver does before, during, or in this case AFTER the race?

racing in traffic = stupid

But, he's in no way liable for anything the other driver did. he didn't cause the other driver to get into an accident.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by 1FSTAMG
it appears to me that the OP stopped racing BEFORE the accident happened. He saw traffic up ahead so he stopped racing and slowed down. The other guy DIDN'T and ended up in the wall. How is this the OP's fault? In what way is he responsible for what the other driver does before, during, or in this case AFTER the race?

racing in traffic = stupid

But, he's in no way liable for anything the other driver did. he didn't cause the other driver to get into an accident.
yeap...the original OP stopped...or atleast slowed down, its just that the 350z was trying to catch/race him. and it wasnt because of the OP that he lost control. it was because of his racing mind!
Old 09-21-2007, 09:20 PM

vw
I think this thread is complete b.s.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:38 PM

Lamborghini Countach, BMW M3, ML 500 x2, S500 Lorinser
Originally Posted by BrianKim
Alright well I was on my way back home from a visit to LA... And basically i just get onto the freeway and i see a 350z with a custom paint job and a body kit so obviously being as young as i am i get quite excited ... I *zoom* past him and then wait to see if he takes the bait... He starts catching up so obviously im getting ready with my not so great tip-tronic ... I time it right so that i can either keep up or beat him... Then were driving in between cars and then i get into the lead... Next thing you know hes behind me and then i see a car not too far away signaling into my lane... I then press on the brakes just a little bit to slow down... I'm guessing this guy thought i was *****ing out so he goes on the right of me to try and pass me... Were going about 90ish or so because we were going into a gradual left turn... Nothing to sharp obviously because its a freeway... But wow... This guy either didn't know what he was doing or he just had some crap tires... But he litterally starts to drift... My first thought... Wow this guy is freaking sick!... Next thing i know im looking at him about a car away right in front of me... But as i was watching him he had like such a serious look it was kind of funny... But yeah i saw that guy eat it on the wall... For sure that car was totaled...

Congratulations Brian! You've just admitted that you are guilty of violating California Vehicle Code $23109.1. (a)- Quite possibly a felony.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by RomansDad
Congratulations Brian! You've just admitted that you are guilty of violating California Vehicle Code $23109.1. (a)- Quite possibly a felony.
He even lists his name, Brian Kim, the car he drives, Brabus CLK320, and he is in South Carolina....time to contact Admin and get thread deleted Brian...
Old 09-22-2007, 02:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
07 CLS 63 09 GL550, 98 Honda Prelude, 08 Honda Civic...yes too many cars
Do you guys really think any of this will hold up in court?? I am no attorney but enough years of watching law and order I think even Jack McCoy coulnt get a conviction with this evidence. Plus what are the odds of anyone really ever reading this that matters.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by djquix
Do you guys really think any of this will hold up in court?? I am no attorney but enough years of watching law and order I think even Jack McCoy coulnt get a conviction with this evidence. Plus what are the odds of anyone really ever reading this that matters.
ASSUMING its REAL (and the jury is still way out on that one), yeah.... a confession of this nature would definitely be upheld in court. Young master Kim would be arrested, presented with a transcript of his post, along with a copy of a subpoena for the MBWorld's hosting company's server logs. At which point his attorney would advise him to take whatever plea bargain the D.A. is offering. And he would take it or go to trial, where based on the above "Statement Against Penal Interest" he would have absolutely NO chance of an acquittal and would ultimately face the maximum penalty, which if the other driver was seriously injured, could be substantial- Life altering- to say the least.

Chances that somebody that matters sees it? Depends on what happened to the other driver.... If he was seriously injured or killed (in other words somebody "that matters" REALLY wants to find the other driver involved in the race (Our Mr. Kim), and is probably actively seeking that person as we speak)- 100% chance that somebody "that matters" will find this. The internet has made the world just about as small as it can possibly be.

If the story is true, the other driver while racing the poster struck a wall at approximately 90MPH.... Ive never heard of somebody having an accident at those speeds in a regular street car and NOT suffering serious injury.

Which means a LOT OF PEOPLE are looking to find Mr. Kim....

Last edited by RomansDad; 09-23-2007 at 01:16 AM.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:10 AM

BENZ
Iono who you think you are Romans dad or who ever you are but i know i'm young and all but can you take your obviously SUPER great knowledge of the law else where... Im sick and tired of getting flamed... Yeah maybe i deserve it and i probrably do... But holy crap you guys are like putting me down to show off your knowledge of the law?... 90 mph is enough to kill someone ofcourse... But wow you guys are just ridiculous.. Its been done and wat can i do now...
Old 09-23-2007, 07:29 AM

vw
Iono who you think you are Romans dad or who Its been done and wat can i do now...
..........you can start by growing up.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
07 CLS 63 09 GL550, 98 Honda Prelude, 08 Honda Civic...yes too many cars
Originally Posted by RomansDad
ASSUMING its REAL (and the jury is still way out on that one), yeah.... a confession of this nature would definitely be upheld in court. Young master Kim would be arrested, presented with a transcript of his post, along with a copy of a subpoena for the MBWorld's hosting company's server logs. At which point his attorney would advise him to take whatever plea bargain the D.A. is offering. And he would take it or go to trial, where based on the above "Statement Against Penal Interest" he would have absolutely NO chance of an acquittal and would ultimately face the maximum penalty, which if the other driver was seriously injured, could be substantial- Life altering- to say the least.

Chances that somebody that matters sees it? Depends on what happened to the other driver.... If he was seriously injured or killed (in other words somebody "that matters" REALLY wants to find the other driver involved in the race (Our Mr. Kim), and is probably actively seeking that person as we speak)- 100% chance that somebody "that matters" will find this. The internet has made the world just about as small as it can possibly be.

If the story is true, the other driver while racing the poster struck a wall at approximately 90MPH.... Ive never heard of somebody having an accident at those speeds in a regular street car and NOT suffering serious injury.

Which means a LOT OF PEOPLE are looking to find Mr. Kim....
Just curious what would he be convicted of, street racing yes, but he did not kill or get into an accident based on his racing, so what would be his punishment. Now I am in no way condoning Brians racing, but I've street raced, never in traffic situations, just on empty roads but if a cop saw me do it, it would still be illegal.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by djquix
Just curious what would he be convicted of, street racing yes, but he did not kill or get into an accident based on his racing, so what would be his punishment. Now I am in no way condoning Brians racing, but I've street raced, never in traffic situations, just on empty roads but if a cop saw me do it, it would still be illegal.
In California (Where this allegedly happened) We have a specific law pertaining to this particular incident. He would be convicted of "Participating in an illegal speed contest resulting in injury," which is a "wobbler" (misdemeanor or felony depending on the severity of the injuries- any injury requiring stitches or even a concussion is enough for a conviction). Doesn't matter if the person hurt is a passenger, on-looker, innocent bystander, or the other participant.

They would most likely also pursue hit & run (which would be a much more difficult case since the two cars didnt actually strike each other) and leaving the scene of an accident.

Last edited by RomansDad; 09-24-2007 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:44 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
I *zoom* past him and then wait to see if he takes the bait... He starts catching up so obviously im getting ready ... For sure that car was totaled...
Not exactly an innocent bystander here...
Old 09-24-2007, 12:34 PM

C180
Alright well I was on my way back home from a visit to LA... And basically i just get onto the freeway and i see a 350z with a custom paint job and a body kit so obviously being as young as i am i get quite excited ... I *zoom* past him and then wait to see if he takes the bait... He starts catching up so obviously im getting ready with my not so great tip-tronic ... I time it right so that i can either keep up or beat him... Then were driving in between cars and then i get into the lead... Next thing you know hes behind me and then i see a car not too far away signaling into my lane... I then press on the brakes just a little bit to slow down... I'm guessing this guy thought i was *****ing out so he goes on the right of me to try and pass me... Were going about 90ish or so because we were going into a gradual left turn... Nothing to sharp obviously because its a freeway... But wow... This guy either didn't know what he was doing or he just had some crap tires... But he litterally starts to drift... My first thought... Wow this guy is freaking sick!... Next thing i know im looking at him about a car away right in front of me... But as i was watching him he had like such a serious look it was kind of funny... But yeah i saw that guy eat it on the wall... For sure that car was totaled...

-Ummm yeah... That's IF i was driving... (Just in case )
Smart move, causing an accident and confessed.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:27 PM

G35
G35Driver and My350Z.com checking in!

Thread is over on both forums, both have about 20 replies in 4 hours...

Lol, gl OP!
Old 09-24-2007, 05:40 PM

n/a
Originally Posted by GDriver
G35Driver and My350Z.com checking in!

Thread is over on both forums, both have about 20 replies in 4 hours...

Lol, gl OP!
you guys are making this such a big deal.. they both race and if one of them crash its their fault! of course it sucks to be the one crashing
Old 09-24-2007, 10:30 PM

G35
Not making a big deal. Just saying that its been posted...
Old 09-24-2007, 11:50 PM

2005 C55
You racing him made him crash.I guess to get away from any fines or tickets I would flee too, but not post on the internet that I did.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by TopCarbon
..........you can start by growing up.
In his defense, maybe he became confused by the sub-forum title "kill stories".

I was under the impression that title was a slang metaphor, as opposed to a forum for posting stories of vehicular homicide...

Old 09-26-2007, 01:05 AM
Almost a Member!

Didn't Bryan say that he slowed down for traffic and the 350 z like powerslided/drifted. I know all of you have fun on the highway with your Benz's. The other driver had a big ego and almost killed himself, Bryan didn't force him to race, he pushed his little 350z himself and crashed.

I know I have dome some crazy stuff but so many Hypocrits on Mb World at one point in your life you raced on public roads and I'll admit I have.

and

why would the 350z come after Bryan does he want a ticket and not his money for the car. 350Z would be smart and say he wasn't racing.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:00 AM

w205
Originally Posted by Val678
Didn't Bryan say that he slowed down for traffic and the 350 z like powerslided/drifted. I know all of you have fun on the highway with your Benz's. The other driver had a big ego and almost killed himself, Bryan didn't force him to race, he pushed his little 350z himself and crashed.

I know I have dome some crazy stuff but so many Hypocrites on Mb World at one point in your life you raced on public roads and I'll admit I have.

and

why would the 350z come after Bryan does he want a ticket and not his money for the car. 350Z would be smart and say he wasn't racing.

From the looks of the story it sounds like the 350z driver was inexperienced and crashed his car because of that.
A driver with good instincts wouldn't pass on the right on a left curve..

& cmon, we all drive wrecklessly sometimes.. why else would we come and check out the kill stories section! The only mistake here is that someone posted a lil too much about it. Hopefully the 350z is alright and will learn the consequences of driving wrecklessly.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:28 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
LOL its 350Z own fault for Crashing.

RomansDad lol, you and your bogus law. He wasnt a proximate cause, because he is not responsible for what the other driver does.

That like suing someone for saying HE TOLD me to smack that lady or GOD TOLD ME to do it.

350Z is responsible for his own actions. He couldnt complete a turn. MB was just driving, its not like he pushed him into the wall.

ffs
Old 09-27-2007, 02:28 AM

BENZ
wow now a bunch of nice people haha... either way it happened alright people?... do you guys get satisfaction for calling me a dumbass?... l0l
Old 09-27-2007, 02:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 165 Likes on 150 Posts
99 E320
Originally Posted by Gondon
LOL its 350Z own fault for Crashing.

RomansDad lol, you and your bogus law. He wasnt a proximate cause, because he is not responsible for what the other driver does.

That like suing someone for saying HE TOLD me to smack that lady or GOD TOLD ME to do it.

350Z is responsible for his own actions. He couldnt complete a turn. MB was just driving, its not like he pushed him into the wall.

ffs
back to school for you. it's quite apparent you're not up on what causal effect is and how the laws work.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes CLK 350 vs. Nissan 350z (TOTALLED!!!!)