C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Dynamic Stability Control Warning

Old 07-26-2016, 01:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 P31 AMG
Dynamic Stability Control Warning

Long time no post!!! Quick query for any of you....I was in manual mode, 3rd gear around 4K rpm and punched it.....The car immedietly cut off power and the DSC warning see owners manual message came on and stayed on. I had to pull off on the side of the road as there was no power...engine was idling just no drive. once I shut the car down and restarted...the warning message disappeared and the car accelerated normally...have yet to retry accelerating hard. Normally I would see traction control flash on tire slippage but never had the DSC message before and full shutdown of drive until a restart? Thoughts?
Old 07-26-2016, 01:34 PM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Coupe
New tires in the rear?
Old 07-26-2016, 01:40 PM

2010 C63 P31 AMG
Originally Posted by Tlnt60
New tires in the rear?
Nope they are mid life right now...good tread, there was no slippage...just shut off power completely....was pretty violent in terms of cutout....felt like tranny gave out
Old 07-26-2016, 01:46 PM

2012 C63 AMG Coupe
Well its safe to say that your tranny is ok given that you were able to reset once the car was restarted, I wonder if it's more of an issue with the ABS or stability control sensor pooping itself due to the violent acceleration.... Does the tranny feel ok otherwise? No whining noise, no clunking? Id hate to diagnose with trying it again, but maybe turn off your stability control and try it again? I would defer that idea to more of the seasoned folks here tho....
Old 07-26-2016, 01:50 PM

2010 C63 P31 AMG
Originally Posted by Tlnt60
Well its safe to say that your tranny is ok given that you were able to reset once the car was restarted, I wonder if it's more of an issue with the ABS or stability control sensor pooping itself due to the violent acceleration.... Does the tranny feel ok otherwise? No whining noise, no clunking? Id hate to diagnose with trying it again, but maybe turn off your stability control and try it again? I would defer that idea to more of the seasoned folks here tho....

Yes tranny seems to be ok, no sounds coming from it or feeling anything weird. Its ok for DSC to turn on I guess but mine literally stayed on and got stuck in it that I had to pull over because car could not accelerate. It was weird...after turning it off then on...message disappeared and car was back to normal. Have yet to test it out but will attempt to try and mimic it
Old 07-26-2016, 01:53 PM

2012 C63 AMG Coupe
Does anyone out there know if the ECM would store a code or event for that happening? Maybe scan it and see if anything comes up? Only reason it might store a code is because it stayed on and put the car in limp mode.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
C63 coupe, Z3M Roadster garage queen
Is this the warning you saw?

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ensor-cel.html
Old 07-26-2016, 02:35 PM

2010 C63 P31 AMG
Originally Posted by zcct04

I cant see the picture you posted but sounds a lot like what happened...was a slow acceleration to merge then punched it and it happened. I did not get a CEL though....just stayed in DSC message, limp mode until I turned it off then on...sounds about right..

never occurred under this occasion before, I ve done it hundreds of times on this particular stretch. Maybe random?

Update...sorry read through all of your post...saw that your throttle pedal went bad?

I am using sprintbooster...have been for over a year...maybe unit is having an issue? Will have them trouble shoot.

Last edited by SROC276; 07-26-2016 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by SROC276
I am using sprintbooster...have been for over a year...maybe unit is having an issue? Will have them trouble shoot.
Burn that thing. Seriously. When you see SprintBooster read "Decepticon". It adds no power. Get it out of the chain and simplify things. Its just an amp that goes to 11 instead of 10. Almost exactly the same thing.

Old 07-26-2016, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
[QUOTE=604 C63;6870255]Burn that thing. Seriously. When you see SprintBooster read "Decepticon". It adds no power. Get it out of the chain and simplify things. Its just an amp that goes to 11 instead of 10. Almost exactly the same thing.

Would not agree totally.

Your right that it adds no power but increases throttle response the way the engine SHOULD react to a throttle message. Our cars are so limited and held back from the factory. Unless you have an interruption in the wiring from your sprint booster, it most likely is not the sprint booster itself.

I have a throttle unit on my car. It's phenomenal. The car reacts like an animal off the line. I am totally ok with the power and don't want to get a OBD tune and deal with issues to timing, etc. The unit has woken up the car like no other with far less lag in any throttle response. It's like a whole new car.

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 07-26-2016 at 05:10 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
Would not agree totally.

Your right that it adds no power but increases throttle response the way the engine SHOULD react to a throttle message. Our cars are so limited and held back from the factory. Unless you have an interruption in the wiring from your sprint booster, it most likely is not the sprint booster itself.

I have a throttle unit on my car. It's phenomenal. The car reacts like an animal off the line. I am totally ok with the power and don't want to get a OBD tune and deal with issues to timing, etc. The unit has woken up the car like no other with far less lag in any throttle response. It's like a whole new car.

Press harder with your right foot.

Zeph, no guy with a picture of Eli Wallach in TG,TB &TU could possibly have a problem laying the boots to that pedal lol. Now, if you were factory, riding around in comfort mode I could see it. I was unsure about whether I would bother to tune this P31, but it resets back to comfort mode if you shut off for even a moment (my 09 would stay in S even overnight), and the throttle response in comfort mode SUCKS HUGELY.

Anyways, my point after that ramble is he has a bunch of go fast on there, as do you, and I think a booster clouds the issues. Plus lets face it, 99% of the public isnt as knowledgeable as you and when it is sold to them it is a scam.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 604 C63
Press harder with your right foot.

Zeph, no guy with a picture of Eli Wallach in TG,TB &TU could possibly have a problem laying the boots to that pedal lol. Now, if you were factory, riding around in comfort mode I could see it. I was unsure about whether I would bother to tune this P31, but it resets back to comfort mode if you shut off for even a moment (my 09 would stay in S even overnight), and the throttle response in comfort mode SUCKS HUGELY.

Anyways, my point after that ramble is he has a bunch of go fast on there, as do you, and I think a booster clouds the issues. Plus lets face it, 99% of the public isnt as knowledgeable as you and when it is sold to them it is a scam.
lol....I have been told I look exactly like Eli in that pic...

604....8 words for you....just drive my car then let me know.

I promise you, a quality unit like mine, wont say the brand but made in Germany and has been used by Lambo, Benz, Porsche, Audi, BMW FOR YEARS, makes the car unreal. There are many that are crap units, I agree.

But this is a game changer for people who are sans tune that want to wake up the car....
Old 07-26-2016, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Why won't you say the name of it's recognized and quality blah blah. Give us a reason to believe, because the preponderance of evidence points to these things as basically garbage.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Why won't you say the name of it's recognized and quality blah blah. Give us a reason to believe, because the preponderance of evidence points to these things as basically garbage.
Whooooaaaa whooooaaaa let's calm down a bit BLKROKT. Not trying to convince you or anyone else what I like or use is the do all end all. Never tried tried sales pitching it, just like mine and what it has done.

I take it back, I have no problem stating the name. I just didn't want to create any conflicts, whatever they may be.

I installed Pedalbox.
http://www.pedalbox.com/en/home/

I can't get enough of the cars response and I don't want or need a tune.

I read all about it, asked tuners and vendors and people that have used it for years before purchasing mine.

Welcome and enjoy. Unless you have hard tests and facts on the unit 'being garbage" don't go blanketing it with that.

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 07-26-2016 at 05:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BLKROKT (07-27-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
But this one goes to 11.

The difference is that Zeph understands what I mean, most buyers don't and actually think they are going faster. NO, scratch that. I should say they actually think their car is quicker. And faster.

Last edited by 604 C63; 07-26-2016 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,572 Likes on 925 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
But this one goes to 11.
WOT is not 100% open throttle plates so maybe it does...
Old 07-26-2016, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
we may be somewhat off topic. just a bit.

sorry OP.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Ok we have been on topic long enough. OP, you had your chance lol.

Zeph, can you explain what you mean here?

made in Germany and has been used by Lambo, Benz, Porsche, Audi, BMW FOR YEARS, makes the car unreal.
What do you mean "Lambo uses Pedalbox?" for example.

Not trying to bust your ***** on this, truly. Curious though.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
Originally Posted by zcct04
throttle issues bud
Old 07-26-2016, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ok we have been on topic long enough. OP, you had your chance lol.

Zeph, can you explain what you mean here?

What do you mean "Lambo uses Pedalbox?" for example.

Not trying to bust your ***** on this, truly. Curious though.
What I meant to say is, it's widely used on Lambos,etc from owners of these cars all over the world, especially Germany and Europe in general.

I know ABSOLUTElY that it does NOT make the car faster or add HP. It only increases the THROTTLE response. But even with this change, the car is night and day difference.

My point was that there is good and bad types of throttle units.

It def sounds like a throttle issue as far as malfunction in OPs sprint booster or communication from the sprint booster to the cars throttle sensor...I would start by removing the sprint booster....
Old 07-26-2016, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
What I meant to say is, it's widely used on Lambos,etc from owners of these cars all over the world, especially Germany and Europe in general.

I know ABSOLUTElY that it does NOT make the car faster or add HP. It only increases the THROTTLE response. But even with this change, the car is night and day difference.

It def sounds like a throttle issue as far as malfunction in OPs sprint booster or communication from the sprint booster to the cars throttle sensor...I would start by removing the sprint booster....
Gotcha. I can understand the need for better throttle response. I have to say coming from an 09 with EC V5 (which had C & S) to a 12 with EC V5 (which has C, S, S+) I generally preferred the 09 in this department, tho the change in trans makes it a little trickier to apportion blame or credit. Prior to my tune on my 12 comfort was sluggish. Post tune comfort is not bad, S is pretty good, and S+ paired with the transmission can be a little twitchy, and even what my daughter calls "herky-jerky".

I too would remove the SprintBooster from the chain first. Very logical first step.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:59 PM

2010 C63 P31 AMG
Whoa woa...my left foot is lazy so the sprint booster helped...have had it in for over a year and it works well on low speed pick ups without mashing the throttle...to each his own...

Sorry for late responses, thanks for sprint booster feedback...

I hauled with booster on and off, tried to mimick the fault and nothing....it may have been random although suggestion about throttle pedal sensor issue will be looked at tomorrow. The car didn't throw a cel and can't see any codes...real weird but description matches closes to a faulty pedal or dying booster unit.

Will keep you updated...thanks for feedback and entertainment gents!! Have a great week!
Old 07-26-2016, 10:02 PM

2010 C63 P31 AMG
Originally Posted by mr747
throttle issues bud
I tried to recreate the issue, drove hard for 20 minutes and nothing...no cel, no DSC message...nothing...real weird....will see if AMG tech can find anything with MB tool tomorrow. Weird cause I had a coil failure last week...now this...just odd gremlins once I hit 65k miles...been one after the other..luckily nothing serious
Old 07-26-2016, 10:05 PM

2010 C63 P31 AMG

Yes will do that tonight and see where we are at....would have thought that it would show up again after a flogging this afternoon but everything seems back to normal...weird.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
C63 coupe, Z3M Roadster garage queen
I installed Pedalbox.
I can't get enough of the cars response and I don't want or need a tune.
I guess we all march to different drummers, and it's great that you've got something you like, but I abhor these things. If I had a Civic or something else with no power, a throttle that works like an on/off switch might be exactly what the right thing to have. For me, with all the power we've got, the ability to accurately modulate it becomes far more important. I want a pedal response that allows me to control, with some degree of precision, the amount of thrust this thing has. A perfectly linear relationship between the gas pedal and the throttle body is ideal. I can't image being able to track any car where the first 20% of the throttle travel gives you 90% power, and the remaining travel makes almost no difference at all.

But hey, it makes you happy, and I can't argue with that.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dynamic Stability Control Warning