C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Dammit!! Car got broken in to :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 01:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C250 (W205)
Dammit!! Car got broken in to :(

Hey Guys,

Sad day here as some **** broke into my car last night. They smashed the rear quarter panel window drivers side and reached in, opened the door and went through everything. Few things missing, nothing that can't be replaced by insurance though.

A few things have surprised through this ordeal though, 1) I didn't think it was possible to open the car door from the inside if there was no FOB?? 2) I can't believe there isn't an alarm that goes off when the door IS opened with no FOB...... I read the W205 manual (Pretty sure it must of been a US manual that I downloaded prior to the car being delivered) and it stated that if a person entered the car without a FOB present, the alarm would go off, and if alarm is still going after 30seconds a message would be sent to the car owner through MBrace alerting him that the car had been broken into.... Why don't we have this function here in Australia?

Anyway, if anyone is wondering, the cost to replace the window is $672 with a two week wait for the window to arrive from Germany. I am also getting the front windscreen repaired at the cost of $2300. Make sure you ask for genuine mercedes windscreen. If I didn't ask, I would of got a standard generic screen installed instead.

Any suggestion of alarms or alternatives to install in case this happens again??
Old 07-29-2016, 03:37 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
'16 GLC300
alarm isn't going to help you.

just make sure your belongings are out of sight and locked away. Keep your interior free of bags and clean and empty as possible.

If it happens, it happens. What matters is that you are okay.

Get full coverage insurance if you haven't already.
Old 07-29-2016, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205 C200 2015
That is very odd. If the alarm is armed, it should go off. Your car would usually contact Mercedes, after 5 minutes, if you have the emergency call system in Australia.

That being said, we do have Emergency Call in the UK but my car didn't notify Mercedes when the alarm was going off although it may have not reached the required 5 minutes. Not sure if I want to trial it. lol.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C450 (no code 165 option..)
I would double check the price on the windshield. I had a replacement windshield installed at the dealership last week. Factory glass. $1,350
Old 08-01-2016, 07:57 PM

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
2020 GLC43
Another reason I like aftermarket tinted windows.

It laments windows and harder to shatter.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:35 PM

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts
W205 C250BT
Sorry to hear about it. Australian C Class doesn't get the alarm or MBrace system. The GPRS based assistance system is well overdue for this market - especially considering that BMW and even Toyota have been offering it here for years.

In any case, I'd agree with the above statement - once the widow is smashed the alarm won't help either, other than perhaps stop them taking some stuff from the inside. These days if you come running out, there's probably a good chance you get knifed as an added bonus. Best to just keep expensive stuff out of the car and have insurance for the rest.

Hope things get repaired quickly for you. If you have the HUD, make sure they order the correct screen for you.