C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Replacing centre console trim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 07:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mecedes E 220 c238
Replacing centre console trim

I didn't like that glossy look because of how I foresaw it would collect dust and fingerprints and easily scratc,
I don't really want a fingerprint and scratch magnet.

so i decided to change it and i bught this:

http://www.mercteil.com/en/products/...ams-for-w-s205

http://www.mercteil.com/en/products/amg-iwc-clock-w205

but the probleme my car have not a clock preinstalled

Does anyone try this befor

Thanks
Old 08-08-2016, 06:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C205 C43
There was some posts about it. Try to google it))

Yes, clocks need to be connected (2 wire on power and 1 signal to LIN in the left leg space)

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...e-95-done.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...sole-trim.html

Last edited by vanya.dx; 08-08-2016 at 06:14 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:20 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes benz c300 2015
waynezworld stated

"Cost- TOO EXPENSIVE
Open Pore Ash Wood Trim-$560
Clock-$310
Switch Block-$220
Labor-$195"

At that price, I dont mind my finger print starch magnet. I saw somewhere that the c300 coups can be opt with open pure with no clock which could save you a large chunk of money. But someone needs to be willing to be the guinea pig to see if that part fits the c300 sedans.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:22 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
'16 GLC300
You can get a console from a GLC. It doesn't have a clock.
Old 08-27-2016, 07:04 AM

Mecedes E 220 c238
hi vanya.dx,

you told us "clocks need to be connected (2 wire on power and 1 signal to LIN in the left leg space)",

can you plz explain more

Thanks
Old 08-27-2016, 07:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C205 C43
Originally Posted by medkm
hi vanya.dx,

you told us "clocks need to be connected (2 wire on power and 1 signal to LIN in the left leg space)",

can you plz explain more

Thanks

Hi, what to explain? You should find wire digram, I found it here at other topics. It will help you to find power wires. But you will need install additional wire (signal), from clocks to LIN connector at leg leg space (for driver). I don`t remember connector ID, diagrams are required for it.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:13 PM

Mecedes E 220 c238
thank you veryyy much for responding, i'll search for the wire diagram.
if you have a link plz post it
Old 02-12-2017, 10:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C300 Sport W205

Originally Posted by medkm
thank you veryyy much for responding, i'll search for the wire diagram.
if you have a link plz post it
Hi,
Have you found a wire diagram ? I am not sure where exactly to find the LIN bus at the driver's side. I dont have any head up display or buttons above the lights switch. I want to avoid running a wite to the engine bay box (SAM). I have read some other posts with all the unfo from Vic, but it's not quite clear to me. He provided the attached and explanation.
Thanks.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C250
Nick,

Did you happen to find a link to LIN for signal wire ?

I am currently in process of doing the clock fit with black ash console to replace piano black.

Thanks

Originally Posted by nick_wass

Hi,
Have you found a wire diagram ? I am not sure where exactly to find the LIN bus at the driver's side. I dont have any head up display or buttons above the lights switch. I want to avoid running a wite to the engine bay box (SAM). I have read some other posts with all the unfo from Vic, but it's not quite clear to me. He provided the attached and explanation.
Thanks.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:06 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C300 Sport W205
Hi,
The diagram and some other quality info was provided by VicViper in another post:

Ok, here goes,

The clock is connected to the front Signal and Acquisition and Control Module (SAM) located in the engine bay under the left panel below the wind screen.

The clock is designated A70/1 and the SAM, N10/6

Pin 2 on the clock is ground and is on the diagram connected to ground Point W34 and is located in the right footwell (remove carpet)

Pin 1 is power supply connected to the front left fusebox fuse slot one, fuse position 3.

Pin 3 is "signal" connected to the front SAM though the LIN-bus system LIN channel 1.
Here you have the option of connecting it to an existing LIN wire already hooked up to additional systems, such as the HUD button if the car is equipped with this.
Otherwise use the Z50/38z1 LIN connector sleeve, unfortunately I dont have the location of this point.
The last option is to wire directly to SAM in connector "COC" pin 26

Power and ground can of course be hooked up elsewhere, but here are the basics, also you will need to add the SA Code 246 to the vehicle and SCN code the Instrument CLuster, the Audio HU, front SAM module and also Central Gateway to be sure.

I didn't find easier way to connect to the LIN bus. You will probably need to run a wire to the fuse box in the engine bay. I disassembled mine just to make sure the ambient lighting would be easy to transfer. I am on hold till I figure out an easier way to connect those 3 wires - dont want to go all the way to the fuse box up front. I have attached pictures of my car and another one with the clock to see the 3 colors.
Thanks,
Nick
Attached Thumbnails Replacing centre console trim-img_5710.png   Replacing centre console trim-img_5711.png   Replacing centre console trim-img_5832.jpg   Replacing centre console trim-img_5873.jpg   Replacing centre console trim-img_5868.jpg  

Replacing centre console trim-img_5865.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
berniw99 (03-28-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 09:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C250
Thanks for reply Nick,

yeah I have rad Vics post re this.

The issue is finding a suitable place close to the clock to tap into LIN Bus Ch 1. I can't seem to find any diagrams on LIN bus to see what is on that channel 1. I was wondering if things like hazard light button or Navi button etc were on there they are obviously very close to the clock.

Like you I do not want to send a wire into the bulk head to the front SAM.

I could do with finding more info on the LIN Ch 1.

The power wires are not an issue I was thinking of going to the fuse box where original 206 location is and using that.

If we just used the power wires would the clock still work as normal without automatic update etc or does it need signal for it to work ?

Thanks for pics.

Originally Posted by nick_wass
Hi,
The diagram and some other quality info was provided by VicViper in another post:

Ok, here goes,

The clock is connected to the front Signal and Acquisition and Control Module (SAM) located in the engine bay under the left panel below the wind screen.

The clock is designated A70/1 and the SAM, N10/6

Pin 2 on the clock is ground and is on the diagram connected to ground Point W34 and is located in the right footwell (remove carpet)

Pin 1 is power supply connected to the front left fusebox fuse slot one, fuse position 3.

Pin 3 is "signal" connected to the front SAM though the LIN-bus system LIN channel 1.
Here you have the option of connecting it to an existing LIN wire already hooked up to additional systems, such as the HUD button if the car is equipped with this.
Otherwise use the Z50/38z1 LIN connector sleeve, unfortunately I dont have the location of this point.
The last option is to wire directly to SAM in connector "COC" pin 26

Power and ground can of course be hooked up elsewhere, but here are the basics, also you will need to add the SA Code 246 to the vehicle and SCN code the Instrument CLuster, the Audio HU, front SAM module and also Central Gateway to be sure.

I didn't find easier way to connect to the LIN bus. You will probably need to run a wire to the fuse box in the engine bay. I disassembled mine just to make sure the ambient lighting would be easy to transfer. I am on hold till I figure out an easier way to connect those 3 wires - dont want to go all the way to the fuse box up front. I have attached pictures of my car and another one with the clock to see the 3 colors.
Thanks,
Nick