C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

ANYONE ELSE DISAPPOINTED WITH OE TUNE C63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 c63 amg coupe
ANYONE ELSE DISAPPOINTED WITH OE TUNE C63?

Just wondering if anyone else is disappointed with their oe tuned c63's ? My car is a 2012 c63 coupe with oe tune & drop in afe filters with charcoals removed. Car felt way faster with stock tune. Car won't even break the tires loose in
1st gear from a low low speed roll. Not sure if I'm expecting more out of the tune being that they claim an 87hp gain but the car seems to feel way slower. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by VIPERRACING
Just wondering if anyone else is disappointed with their oe tuned c63's ? My car is a 2012 c63 coupe with oe tune & drop in afe filters with charcoals removed. Car felt way faster with stock tune. Car won't even break the tires loose in
1st gear from a low low speed roll. Not sure if I'm expecting more out of the tune being that they claim an 87hp gain but the car seems to feel way slower. Any input would be appreciated.
Call them. I'm sure you just need reset some adaptations.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 c63
i had a very bad experience with OE they charged me around 1200 $ for 3 HP gain, afterlong argument finally they refund me part of my money and i went with Eurochared with the half price of the previous company, couldn’t be happier 45+ HP gain to the wheel

see the below links for more clarification

OE tune installed but no HP gain !!!

Eurocharged V5 tune, results, overall review

Last edited by alamoudis2; 08-24-2016 at 06:43 AM.
The following users liked this post:
sales@eurocharged.com (08-23-2016)
Old 08-23-2016, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Did you buy the car used?

If so, I bet it was already tuned with something more aggressive and you just tuned over that with something less aggressive. It's just impossible to know whether or not when buying used if the car is tuned unless you've driven a handful of c63's to notice the differences.
Old 08-23-2016, 03:40 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
I'm very happy with my OE Tune. I got my tune about 3 weeks ago. I installed headers as well and went to the dyno very recently and the track as well. I was really impressed! The numbers were good and they will fine tune it so I expect better numbers as well. My brother had OE Tune on his car as well before and it was great.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 C 63
why is it most times posters who bag tuning companys have a very low post count ??.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
OE is the bomb maybe you should contact them direct before coming here
Old 08-23-2016, 08:26 AM

2012 c63 amg coupe
Originally Posted by aussie e55
why is it most times posters who bag tuning companys have a very low post count ??.
1st off I'm not trashing oe tunes and that's not what this post is about. Also, please don't take my low post count as if I'm a newbie to the car scene because if you look at other forums you'll see that I'm well known with a good reputation but I don't spend much time posting on any sites let alone this one. Im the 2nd owner and I did ask oe tunes to make sure to read the original tune first to make sure that the car wasn't tuned all ready because it did feel pretty fast already. The car would blow the tires off in 2nd gear but won't even do it in 1st gear now with their tune installed.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:34 AM

2012 c63 amg coupe
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Did you buy the car used?

If so, I bet it was already tuned with something more aggressive and you just tuned over that with something less aggressive. It's just impossible to know whether or not when buying used if the car is tuned unless you've driven a handful of c63's to notice the differences.
I thought that oe tunes was the best tune(hp)for these car, which is why I went with them, so even if that was true how could the car have a more aggressive tune? I'm pretty sure that most of the companies all have close to the same tunes being that all their actually selling us is a little more timing & opening of the throttle blades fully for $1000.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
I have oe tune for years and when ever i had a issue they were a email away. Very fast and very happy with there services.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
I thought that oe tunes was the best tune(hp)for these car, which is why I went with them, so even if that was true how could the car have a more aggressive tune? I'm pretty sure that most of the companies all have close to the same tunes being that all their actually selling us is a little more timing & opening of the throttle blades fully for $1000.
Unless your car was previously tuned on a dyno...

As others have said, just contact OE. But be polite, don't be pissed, and just explain to them that the car actually feels slower after the tune and you would like some help.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Everyone has to start at 0 at some point. We'll weed out the trolls and welcome the new guys accordingly...

The nature of a forum is people generally find their way here to complain about a product that didn't live up to expectations which is why you'll see many somewhat negative first posts.

We got this
The following 3 users liked this post by CarHopper:
Gkg434 (07-04-2022), saint13 (08-23-2016), Speedriven1 (08-23-2016)
Old 08-23-2016, 10:39 AM

2012 c63 amg coupe
Unless your car was previously tuned on a dyno...

As others have said, just contact OE. But be polite, don't be pissed, and just explain to them that the car actually feels slower after the tune and you would like some help.
I have contacted them with my issues and they told me to put the car on the dyno which I don't have access to me in my area but they did send me another tune which seems to be doing the same....nothing. I'm in no way bashing them but they should also keep an open mind that all of their customers are not dumb and should be able to tell if the tune has done anything for performance. I went from tire smoking in 1st & 2nd to absolutely nothing at all. They told me that first tune they sent had the throttle bodies set to aggressively and that's why it was shutting the car down and the latest tune feels slower then the factory tune which I have complained to them about it and all they could come up with was put it on a dyno. I even asked for a refund and they said that it was pass their return policy. Lol return policy?? Hell you would think for what they charge that they would stand by their product for life. The problem is very simple....the tune made my car way slower then stock and that's not exceptable.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:38 AM

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 911, 2012 C63
I've had Eurocharged and OE tune - at the same time on my two C63's. Felt no appreciable difference except that the '09 was louder due to the difference in sound deadening. Both rocked and both co's were great to deal with. That said, if it's not some adaptation that went on, "feel" is a really tough thing to quantify on a nearly 500hp car. Numbers (trap, dyno, VBox) are definitely needed. Though getting before numbers might prove difficult for you at this point. Good luck.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:52 AM

2012 c63 amg coupe
Originally Posted by computertom
I've had Eurocharged and OE tune - at the same time on my two C63's. Felt no appreciable difference except that the '09 was louder due to the difference in sound deadening. Both rocked and both co's were great to deal with. That said, if it's not some adaptation that went on, "feel" is a really tough thing to quantify on a nearly 500hp car. Numbers (trap, dyno, VBox) are definitely needed. Though getting before numbers might prove difficult for you at this point. Good luck.
Actually it wouldn't be difficult being that I bought the handheld tuner so I can put it back to stock which I plan on doing to verify plus a 80hp gain should be felt no matter what unlike what mine is doing. Like I said before my car would blow the tires off from a roll in 1st or 2nd gear which it does not do after being tuned.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
This thread is going nowhere. What exactly do you want?
Old 08-23-2016, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Soooooooo once again. Did you buy your car used? Still didn't answer that.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:40 PM

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
2011 C63
You really need to find a dyno. Do back to back pulls with the stock tune and the OE tune.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:20 PM

2012 c63 amg coupe
Soooooooo once again. Did you buy your car used? Still didn't answer that.
Oooooo if you actually took the time to read you would get your answer to your question
Old 08-23-2016, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 715 Likes on 696 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
happened to me once back in 08 or 09...
Old 08-23-2016, 02:57 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
everytime i get my car washed, when i leave the parking lot and gas it it feels like i am driving a 100hp car...traction control is stepping in. it cuts throttle and power before I even know it. it just feels like a turtle, without any any any slip from the get go.

maybe your car has more power and the ECU is cutting power due to traction limits? jus sayin...

OEtuning is not shy to speaking with customers and talking through things. I spent a good 5-10 minutes on the phone with them before my purchase asking them multiple questions. All questions were answered. Next trip to Southern California I plan to swing by their shop to have a TCU tune installed.

do you have any check engine? it sounds like your ECU is cutting power entirely for whatever reason.

try flashing your ecu back to stock and let us know if your power returns. or if it already has been done let us know the outcome.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 08-23-2016, 03:00 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
many times the biggest people in in the automotive industry have a 0 post count or aren't registered. if you aren't a retailer, many times it doesn't help you in your goals to live on a web forum.

people i know who have spent the MOST on automotive have almost no post count.

post count means nothing, in the aspect of what the person does or knows.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 08-23-2016, 03:54 PM
SPONSOR

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
Please contact us directly for support and any trouble shooting. 818-574-5075 Thanks

Originally Posted by alamoudis2
ihad a very bad experience with OE they charged me around 1200 $ for 3 HP gain, afterlong argument finally they refund me part of my money and i went with Eurocharedwith the half price of the previouscompany, couldn’t be happier 45+ HP gain to the wheel

see the below links for more clarification

You were refunded. Sorry that our tune did not make you happy. Also, you never posted dynographs of your new tune after you claimed it was better.........?
Old 08-23-2016, 04:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
GLC 63
Originally Posted by hachiroku
everytime i get my car washed, when i leave the parking lot and gas it it feels like i am driving a 100hp car...traction control is stepping in. it cuts throttle and power before I even know it. it just feels like a turtle, without any any any slip from the get go.

maybe your car has more power and the ECU is cutting power due to traction limits? jus sayin...

OEtuning is not shy to speaking with customers and talking through things. I spent a good 5-10 minutes on the phone with them before my purchase asking them multiple questions. All questions were answered. Next trip to Southern California I plan to swing by their shop to have a TCU tune installed.

do you have any check engine? it sounds like your ECU is cutting power entirely for whatever reason.

try flashing your ecu back to stock and let us know if your power returns. or if it already has been done let us know the outcome.
There's a such thing as a TCU tune for our cars? I've been reading and couldn't find anything about that
Old 08-23-2016, 04:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CL550
[QUOTE=SALES@OETUNING;6896347]Please contact us directly for support and any trouble shooting. 818-574-5075 Thanks

Hello

I did have lot of problem Which is My car or OE tune
But I asked around for OE tune 3 person was very happy it was pass over year
Every car is different even though same engine.
computer same spec but other one slow other do not like some software
And other you need to program twice.
If I have same problem can i get the money back?
Then I like to try OE Tune again.
Back then I was very very upset.

Sorry for language too.

Good Luck guys ~~~~~

Last edited by yoyo7112; 08-23-2016 at 04:30 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ANYONE ELSE DISAPPOINTED WITH OE TUNE C63?