S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Advice on S Class purchase, servicing please?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 01:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
S Class
Advice on S Class purchase, servicing please?

Hello experts,

I am over MB being rude to me so might re join the brand, and get an S.

Few quick fire questions. You know more than I do and I am youtube reviewer, you can check my amusing content in sig link.

I want a 14 onwards nicely devalued with 20s.

Anyway.

1. Service costs please? Can you share expriences. Would you mind
2. MPG can you share?
3. Radar controlled Disctronic standard?
4. Brakes? Tyres or any surprises.
5. Change the interface types speedo and nav like in the new E?
6. Your overall thoughts/ warranty issues, problems?
7. Things I need to make sure I order... or not order.
8. Have you mitigated massive losses in anyway?

Any small amount of help even if you answer one question would be great.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:27 PM

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Porsche Taycan, Range Rover AB, Range Rover SVR, S Class, Mclaren 570s, Urus Hybrid (soon), M3, RS6
S350 does between 30mpg on the highway and around 51mpg onto the highway. Distronic Plus is an optional extra and one that I recommend the most. It was one of the reasons I got this car. The only problems I've had are minor ones with software that should be fixed with the most recent update and some minor things like the sunroof glue thing. I changed the runflats, mainly because they would have some problems with the wheels I got, but as runflats they are incredibly good for what they are.

Last edited by UrBusted; 08-27-2016 at 02:43 PM.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,742 Likes on 2,138 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
IMO, Distronic is "THE" all time best option offered by any car maker on any car. I live in Southern California and use it constantly. I would not own any MB sedan without it.
Old 09-03-2016, 03:41 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
2015 S550
HR,

I just did a lot of searching and researching before just buying a used 2014 S550. I am familiar with the options and will give my own subjective opinion.

1-First, I like adaptive cruise and braking, but it can be a bit of a nuisance depending on where you drive daily, and how much you drive. I personally have a 30 min drive daily at speeds of 65-70 mph early in the morning and rarely encounter traffic, so it is not as useful to me, nor as important.

2-For me, its about comfort, and about comfort for my kids in the back. This car comes standard with a ton of rear seat room. My kids are 10 and 8, and I found a nice used one with the rear entertainment center and the rear seat package (reclining seats, massaging seats, etc). My kids LOVE this, did I say LOVE this? this rear seat package is off the charts for comfort and entertainment for the rear seat passengers. BTW, mine also has rear seat package plus which includes tables that come out of the center console for eating and/or reading/playing. I didn't realize how valuable this is to me as a driver, because it keeps them entertained and... quiet....which frankly is priceless.

3-For me personally, the premium package is a must ( I think nearly every car I saw had this). Love the multi-contour seats, and massaging feature.

The driver assistance package which includes distronic, is a very common option and well liked.

To sum it up, it depends on your needs. I hope that helps a little.

Enjoy!