GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Wires to Rear Passenger Caliper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 11:22 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 GL350
Wires to Rear Passenger Caliper

Just wanted to inquire as to if these wires should be exposed. I only see one other caliper (don't remember which) that has an insulated wire going to the same location.

Also, on another note in regards to braking, is it normal for the driver front wheel to have excessive brake dust buildup on the inner rim opposed to the other 3? Also, the driver rear inner rim is covered in rust stain, not break dust...what could this be that it's staining the rim?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Wires to Rear Passenger Caliper-passenger-rear-cliper-wires.jpg   Wires to Rear Passenger Caliper-driver-front-excessive-brake-dust.jpg   Wires to Rear Passenger Caliper-driver-rear-rust.jpg  
Old 08-29-2016, 12:42 PM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 247 Likes on 213 Posts
the wire is the brake wear sensor. it is only on pass side both front and back. it is showing as expected.

the rust is just there. nothing to worry.

leave things alone and drive the darn thing
Old 08-29-2016, 03:44 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 GL350
Originally Posted by alx
the wire is the brake wear sensor. it is only on pass side both front and back. it is showing as expected.

the rust is just there. nothing to worry.

leave things alone and drive the darn thing

Thanks, I've never seen them without heat shrink, which is why it seemed odd to me.

The rust I was just worried if something was rusting in there that shouldn't be being its only on the one wheel. I bought the vehicle for my wife, so I don't spend much time with it and am still getting acclimated to how things are set up on the Merc and what is considered "normal."