E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Anyone got the aluminum trim?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 10:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E Class
Anyone got the aluminum trim?

Has anyone ever had experience with the aluminum trim? Thinking of ordering my E43 with it. Would you guys recommend it? How durable is it (scratching etc). Should I just get the natural grain wood?
Old 09-24-2016, 10:38 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 Audi S8 Plus/ 2011 Mercedes e550 4Matic//Gone:1985 500SEL/2000 e320 4Matic/ 2001 e55 Kleeman
I considered it but don't want to commit without seeing it. I went with the black seats with the red stitching and the desgno black piano flowing lines wood. Would have gone with lacquer black ash but wasn't offered. Would love to get the carbon fiber, love the look, but probably a $4,000 option, yikes! Regards. Ned.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:47 AM

E Class
Nice, I considered the carbon fiber package as well but decided that the AMG night package looks cool enough!

This is how I requested my E43 configured for now.

designo Diamond White
designo Black / Titainium Grey Pearl Black DINAMIC Headliner (if available)
AMG Night Package
AMG Carbon Fiber Center Console
Multifunction Sport Steering Wheel in Nappa Leather
19' AMG Twin 5 - Spoke Wheels w/ Black Accents
P3 Package with HUD
Acoustic Comfort Package
Aluminum Trim
Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
Panorama Roof
Heated Rear Seats
Burmester High End 3D Surround Sound System
Old 09-24-2016, 11:48 AM

2016 Audi S8 Plus/ 2011 Mercedes e550 4Matic//Gone:1985 500SEL/2000 e320 4Matic/ 2001 e55 Kleeman
Why pay for designo black seats when the AMG interior is already Nappa leather? Can you just get carbon fiber center console, I didn't notice that. Like you, I got p3, acoustic package and the Burmester 3D system. Hopefully the Burmester is worth the price, they make super high end audio equipment that looks spectacular. I wasn't impressed with the tuning of the Burmester system in the c class loaner cars I've had, bass response all messed up. I also got the 19 inch rims, would even prefer 18's, they are low profile enough for me, the exta rubber adds to comfort and still handles. The comfort box for trunk is cool for not much money. Exciting! Regards. Ned.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:02 PM

E Class
My wife loves the quilted seat design and I'm a sucker for the dinamica headliner I think you can, I saw some videos with the amg carbon fiber center console. I heard that you HAD to get the burmester 3D sound for the new e class. I heard that it really sets the bar high. But I also heard that the standard burmester sound system is already really really good. I'm really concerned about the 19inch run flats being a rough ride too. I'm personally coming from a 18inch wheel. I was considering the comfort box too, but I was concerned the whole setup would eat up some vertical space.

Last edited by kotsumu; 09-24-2016 at 01:05 PM.
Old 09-24-2016, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by kotsumu
My wife loves the quilted seat design and I'm a sucker for the dinamica headliner I think you can, I saw some videos with the amg carbon fiber center console. I heard that you HAD to get the burmester 3D sound for the new e class. I heard that it really sets the bar high. But I also heard that the standard burmester sound system is already really really good. I'm really concerned about the 19inch run flats being a rough ride too. I'm personally coming from a 18inch wheel. I was considering the comfort box too, but I was concerned the whole setup would eat up some vertical space.
The comfort box didn't eat up too much room, you pull it out, push down the middle and you have a stable bin to put stuff, pretty cool. In the dealer order guide, the 3D Burmester shows up as a $4,500 option, don't think it's required but I got it just the same, hoping it lives up to the price above what portends to be a premium sound system. I'm an old audiophile. What is a dinamica headliner? I'm still tempted to go for the carbon fiber trim but they haven't listed the price yet, not sold on the designo wood with lines, but figured I needed black to go with my black seats. Do you think we could special request 18 inch rims? Regards. Ned.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:17 PM

E Class
dinamica is a microfiber material. In the designo upholstery packages, they had that material to your roof. I think you'd be able to tell the dealer to order some 18inch wheels for you but, I don't think it comes factory installed.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C300 Sport, 2017 E300 Sport
Originally Posted by kotsumu
Has anyone ever had experience with the aluminum trim? Thinking of ordering my E43 with it. Would you guys recommend it? How durable is it (scratching etc). Should I just get the natural grain wood?
I would go for it, I've had 2 cars (c300 and e350) that have had the aluminum trim and they're very, very durable. Absolutely no Scratches on them what's so ever on the 7 year old c300.

Now on the other hand I have configured my '17 E300 with the wood trim and I must say it looks very nice with the white leather trim.

Only get aluminum with the black or red trims.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:47 AM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
W213
*First Post* I went for the aluminum trim along with the hazelnut brown upholstery with black dashboard / steering wheel. My car exterior is selenite gray and I'm very happy with the combination. I've only had the car for a couple of days but judging from the material and feel of the trim, it seems durable, scratch resistant, and very pleasing to the eye. I'm looking forward to being driven and, of course, driving this wonderful vehicle. I've attached a picture of the car and drivers side door for everyone's reference. I'll post some more pictures of my car as soon as I can. Happy to be here folks, cheers!
Attached Thumbnails Anyone got the aluminum trim?-photo658.jpg   Anyone got the aluminum trim?-photo838.jpg  
Old 09-27-2016, 10:18 AM

E Class
That is one sexy looking car! Congrats! I'm thinking of switching from designo Diamond White to Selenite Metallic Gray since I heard gray is easier to maintain and looks cleaner for longer.

I am adamant about getting the designo interior so I'm worried it won't look good with the aluminum trim (perhaps a natural grain black ash would look better) but then the carbon fiber center console will look out of place (I really want the carbon fiber console)
Old 09-27-2016, 06:37 PM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
W213
Thank you sir. I'm enjoying the car tremendously. That designo quilted interior looks fantastic. Go for what you truly like and please, post pictures when you can!