GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

GLC Paint Finish

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 10:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC
GLC Paint Finish

I've had my Cavansite Blue GLC for two days. Absolutely delighted with the colour and the whole car. But I've just noticed that the paint finish is not completely smooth but is slightly '*****ly' when the fingers are passed over the surface. Orange peel I can live with but this feels like a face with a bad shave. Any ideas?
Old 09-25-2016, 10:18 AM

GLC
Oh dear. My original word has been excised by the PC machine. Let's try small pimples all over.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:59 AM

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
right to be forgotten
I'd take it back to the dealer sooner than later

That doesn't sound great, its not contamination from the transport is it? I had it really bad on my Golf R, don't know where the train in Germany was driving through but it was seriously bad. Once a decent detailer (and not the car wash guys from the dealer) had its hands on it, and decontaminated it and protected it, it was a smooth as a babies bottom
Old 09-25-2016, 11:36 AM

GLC
Thanks for that, dejongj I'll certainly do as you suggest, in fact I'll email the dealer this evening. Interestingly the pimples are more pronounced on the horizontal surfaces and entirely absent from the lower areas of the doors indicating that it might have been a cloud of dust from above. But not my place to speculate on the cause. I like your recommendation to have a detailer do the remedial work. I'll let you know how I get on.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:05 AM

GLC
Well, the latest is it's something from the sky. I originally discounted this because I'd had the car for only two days and the tiny particles wouldn't come off. But now the weather is damp it's a simple job to wipe the bodywork clean. So back to enjoying this wonderful car and trying to find out how everything works.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:39 AM

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
right to be forgotten
Good news