Selling my car. '06 with 84k, "a few" mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
'06 E55
Unhappy Selling my car. '06 with 84k, "a few" mods

Owned her for four years; longer than any other vehicle I've ever owned. Here's the link to the post in the classifieds:

https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...ml#post6939099

Priced to move at $18k. Black on black, with merlot seat inserts and the gray-ish colored wood trim (the cool color). Car is located in Tucson, AZ.
For inquiries, send me a PM or an email at "my screen name here on MB World" at gmail. That's a puzzle you need to figure out.

Reason for sale: I recently found out I will be heading overseas for three years. It would be cruel and unusual punishment to confine such a magnificent beast to a storage unit for several years, so I have decided to set her free. She will be able to roam the highways and hunt for prey, as she was designed to do so. I'd rather sell it to someone who knows cars and isn't afraid to work on them... someone who will apreciate her.

My Ownership History: I was returning to the US from overseas and wanted a cool car. After a month of searching and researching, I purchased the car sight unseen in October 2011 with 36k miles. The car was delivered straight to Oakes, one of the best detail guys in the business, for a full paint correction. Here's the amazing thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/detailing...s-new-car.html

I flew in and saw my car for the first time. It looked better than new. It's been four years and nearly 50k miles since, all of which has been in the warm, salt-free Southwest.

I had a paint correction and Opti-coat treatment about a year and a half ago and just had another exterior detailing done two weeks ago by 180 Detailing in Tucson.

Options: I think it would be easier to list the options it doesn't have, because it is nearly fully loaded. It does not have: Pano sunroof, power trunk closer, rear door window shades, Bi-xenon lights that move with the steering wheel (forgot the name of that option), and... I think that's it. It does have the following options:
  • Designo Package with merlot inserts
  • Distronic
  • Keyless Go
  • Powered sunshade for rear window
  • Heated/ventilated seats
  • Sirius/XM & in-dash CD changer
  • Bluetooth phone connection
  • Real AMG floor mats
  • And probably some others

It has the nav system, but the DVD drive in the trunk stopped working. Dealer quoted me a hilarious $2k for a new drive, so I didn't replace it. The system is terrible by today's standards, anyways. I put larger fans in the driver's seat, so it cools better.

Modifications:
  • CLK63 AMG Black Series steering wheel w/ shift paddles
  • MBH long tube headers and mid-pipes
  • C63 mufflers & resonator
  • Verde Axis V99 20"wheels
  • Ported heads w/ larger intake valves & stiffer springs
  • BBK 90mm throttle body
  • TTM fuel rail and injectors
  • 175mm crankshaft pulley
  • 77mm clutched supercharger pulley
  • Billet idler pulleys
  • Belt wrap kit
  • Custom 3.5" intake & Y-pipe
  • Tuned by Anthony Lawshee
  • 3k stall torque converter
  • Eurocharged TCU tune
  • Meziere intercooler pump
  • Trunk tank with new Rule 2000 pump
  • Intercooler modified with larger 3/4" fittings
  • Methanol injection with new pump and solenoid
  • Zeitronix ZT-2 & ZT-3 wideband/data logging system
  • Zeitronix alarm module
  • DashDAQ display with GPS option
  • Rear camber and toe arms
  • Suvneer E63 front end conversion
  • Black 4-slat grill
  • Carbon fiber front lip
  • Carbon fiber diffuser
  • Aftermarket mirror covers
  • Euro-spec side mirror glass (much better visibility)
  • Hard wired for Valentine One and remote display unit
  • Calipers painted in Lamborghini Verde Ithaca
  • Akebono brake pads (zero dust!)
  • Powdercoated surge tanks and intake tubes
  • TTM air scoops
  • Lowered via STAR

Recently Replaced:
  • Fuel pumps & fuel sender
  • Spark plugs
  • Transmission fluid
  • Front O2 sensors
  • Wideband O2 sensors
  • A/C coolant hose and R-134a
  • Main battery
  • Voltage regulator
  • Heater bypass valve
  • MAP sensor
  • Fuel diaphragm (on fuel rail)
  • Valve cover gaskets
  • Still on original oil (just kidding, it gets changed religiously)

Things to know: It sounds amazing. I have been through several different exhaust configurations and now I love it. It does not drone and it is fairly quiet during normal cruising and low-throttle applications. At full throttle, it makes the kinds of noises that turn heads, makes mothers protect their babies, and turns boys into men. I'll add some videos below. Cold start is a little on the loud side, if you care about your neighbors. If I have to start it early in the morning, I keep the garage door closed for a few seconds until it calms down.

The meth is triggered via the Zeitronix alarm module, which is fully programmable. I have it set to spray when throttle is > 70%, RPM > 2900, and boost is > 9 psi.
I have a serial cable running from the Zeitronix module, which then comes out of the center console below the driver's right leg. Easily hidden out of sight, but easy to access to do any programming. I have a serial to USB cable that I'll include with the car. These cables are unbelievably finicky and it took me 3 different cables to find one that works. Since I have no need for it, I'll also throw in the little HP laptop that I use just for loading tunes and adjusting the Zeitronix stuff. I also have OBDII to USB cables and software for loading tunes from Anthony and Eurocharged. Took me 3 different cables to get one that worked with the Galletto software.

I haven't had it on the dyno in a long while, which was "several mods ago", and it made 527 whp on the Eurocharged dyno in Houston. I still have some fine tuning to do with Tony to get it just right.

The pulley combo sounds aggressive, but I'm at high elevation.

The intercooler is modified for larger 3/4" fittings, up from the stock 5/8". The entire supercharger cooling loop is on 3/4" fittings and hoses. with the two pumps, it flows a lot. The intercooler was also modified internally and is now a single pass system.

The rear fenders are rolled to allow for the very aggressive wheel/tire combo. These are 305/25R20 mounted on 10.5" wide wheels in the back. None of that stretchy tire nonsense, and no fender gap. No rubbing, either.

I only do bucket washes using water from my reverse osmosis system and clean microfiber towels. I wash my children with regular tap water, if that tells you anything.

Working on this always took me a long time. If I removed a bolt and it was dirty, I would take it to the wire wheel on my bench grinder to make it pretty. Will anyone ever know that? Probably not, but I did.

Condition: The car has been babied since I have owned it. It has been garage-kept and rarely driven in the rain. The last time it saw snow was four years ago when I drove it cross country to San Diego. I do my best to keep it immaculate, but it is a car that gets driven. There are some small rock chips you'd see in any car with 84k. The passenger side door has a few little dings and chips due to really stupid/inconsiderate people who don't know how to open doors without hitting people's sh*t. The windshield has a few repaired chips and some mild pitting. I was going to replace it, but I had a 3M solar shield installed, and it wasn't cheap. The front lip does have some damage on the bottom thanks to some really steep parking lot entrances in San Diego. I did that and felt really bad about it. You can kinda see it from the front of the car and in the first pic below, but just a little. A few weeks ago, my wife curbed one of the rear wheels. Her funeral was lovely. There are a few small blemishes on the wheels, but they still look really good. The 20" with open spoke design makes cleaning the barrel part very easy.

The interior is in very good condition. There is some minor wear on the driver's seat. I scratched the rollaway cover that covers the cup holders and have not forgiven myself. That was almost four years ago. It's not even that bad. I am also a non-smoker.

Issues: Nothing huge, but I've priced the car to compensate for any of these things.

Emissions will be the big one. If you live in an area where they do emissions checks, you'll need to (at the very least) add some front cats.

I'm having an issue with the meth system. I figured it was either the pump or the solenoid, so I replaced both of them. I didn't get around to fixing it this summer because it is a million degrees in my garage. I may have this sorted soon since the weather is cooling down to sane temperatures. I'm suspecting either a clogged nozzle or it is just missing the IAT sensor.

I had some aftermarket foglights put in and one of the ballasts has burned out. I still have the OEM lights, and they will be coming along with the car.
The AC system is pretty disappointing, but that's a W211 problem. The low pressure hose that is prone to collapse was replaced last year and the refrigerant was put to MB specs. It works well once the car is moving and it has been running for a bit.

The front passenger side fender liner could use a replacement. It had come loose after I had run the hoses for the trunk tank behind it. The front tire was rubbing on it.
The 90mm throttle body was an experiment at the time. After modifying the supercharger inlet (it's bored to 90mm), I had some clearance issues with the TB and the driver's side surge tank, so I had to "make room". It isn't pretty, but you only see that when you take it all apart. The wall of the surge tank got really thin in one spot, so I reinforced it from the inside with a piece of plate steel.

The intake is a system I made myself, so don't go expecting OEM levels of quality. The aluminum tubing is powdercoated to match the surge tanks, so at least that part looks nice. The Y-pipe is also a homemade thing. It's not the prettiest, but it works. The enclosed cone filters are ugly. The housing around them was huge, which made some clearance issues. I made some grinds, which made them... less pretty, more fitty. Was going to try some different filters in the future. The stock airboxes and ram air tubes will be coming with the car, but I had to sacrifice the OEM Y-pipe and intake boots to make my system.

Since the car is lowered, front camber causes fast tire wear (common issue with all of these cars). I have the OEM "crash bolts" that will allow an extra ~.5 degrees of camber to be dialed out, but they have not been installed. They'll be included with the car.

The infamous E55 throttle body "hiccup" occasionally happens. Since I have loaded the most recent Tony tune about two months ago, it has only happened once. Turn the car off and back on to make it go away.

Now, on to the videos and pictures. This is the part where I realize I have no interior shots, so... I'll add those later:

6 sec video of exhaust:

2nd gear in an underpass with the sunroof open. This is before I swapped the X-pipe for the C63 resonator, so it's a little more raw and raspy than in its current state:

You can kinda hear the supercharger whine here. This is after I added the intake system:

Selling my car. '06 with 84k, "a few" mods-car41920x1080.png

Selling my car. '06 with 84k, "a few" mods-car31920x1080.png

Selling my car. '06 with 84k, "a few" mods-burnoute55.jpg

Selling my car. '06 with 84k, "a few" mods-20150518_201219-1_resized.jpg

Selling my car. '06 with 84k, "a few" mods-20150514_191150_resized.jpg

Selling my car. '06 with 84k, "a few" mods-20150512_224149_resized.jpg

Now I need to hit the "submit new thread" button before these tears obscure my vision.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
E55 and several 928s
I like you. Even though we have not met, I think we would get along well. I mean not THAT way, but well.

Happy trails. Don't get shot.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
Gallado Spyder / AMG C63S / Cayenne
^lmao

glws denroll . sick car u got. sell me the verde 99 :p
Old 10-11-2016, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

^lmao

glws denroll. u got a sick e55. sell me the verde 99 :p
Old 10-11-2016, 10:12 PM

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
2004 AMG E55
I cross posted this to Facebook. Hope you don't mind. Hopefully we can keep it in the family so it will be around should you ever want it back.
Good luck with the sale!
Sean
Old 10-11-2016, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
E55

Can u message me at 660 346,7033 or. rmaloney-13@hotmail.com
Old 10-11-2016, 10:20 PM
DVC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
'06 E55 AMG
No! Wayyyyy too cheap.

Stay safe brother.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 214 Likes on 169 Posts
2012 Volt - 2005 E55 - 2011 G55 - 2013 GL63
Dennis you have always had an amazing car. Whoever get's this is getting one of the best ever. GLWTS. Be safe on your journey.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:57 PM

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
clk63, cls55, ml63, (w210) E55
Shut the f*ck up and delete this stupida*s post. Put her a*s on stands and let her rest. Do you realize how many sell their AMG's and regret it? You have hundreds of hours in that beast, brother. Just say'in.

Oh yeah, don't get injured on your 3 year vacation getaway. We need your smart*ss back here in one piece. be safe, brother.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55
^I thought long and hard about that. It's a tough decision, but 3 years of saving means I can get something mean again... and maybe more expensive. Damn, I sure am stupid.

Thanks for all the kind words. Seanol, feel free to share everywhere. It would be fitting for the car to end up in Texas. That's where the ported heads came from; right out of Hadi's sweet, sweet ride.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Chevrolet Traverse, Honda Cbr1000RR
How much for the zeitronix setup with dashdaq?
Old 10-12-2016, 05:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
Many end up regretting selling it even after getting an updated merc. Just keep it
Old 10-12-2016, 04:04 PM

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts
E63 AMG 2007
I'm making the assumption that you are in the military, thank you for your service, we all wish you a safe return, and post something once in awhile so we will know your well. Good luck with the sale (you should keep it) and God's speed.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55
Thanks, and yes. Just hit my 20-year mark a couple of months ago.

I've debated keeping the car, but there's no guarantee I'll be back in just three years. The first time I went overseas, I ended up staying for nearly eight years straight.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 292 Likes on 241 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
All the best on your endeavors Sir!
Old 10-12-2016, 06:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55, 07 ML500
Originally Posted by Dublinoh
I'm making the assumption that you are in the military, thank you for your service, we all wish you a safe return, and post something once in awhile so we will know your well. Good luck with the sale (you should keep it) and God's speed.

THIS/|/\/\.. I was speaking with Dennis bout your car at RNZ, always wanted to test mine against yours, as I know that little girl is quite the *****.. Good luck to you as I KNOW this was a Hard decision..

ANNND Guys this car is a TRUE BEAST, given lots of Love, I know this for Fact.. GREAAAAAT BUY for someone.. Good Luck again..
Old 10-12-2016, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

be safe bro !!! and this car is goin cheappp
Old 10-13-2016, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 929 Likes on 721 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Sweet ride you have there, Denroll! Best to you on your overseas assignment and congrats on making it over 20. FWIW, I retired a few months ago with 34 years and 9 months under the belt.
As the Navy folks say, "May you have fair winds and following seas!"
Old 10-13-2016, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55
I've had some emails and what not asking for interior pics. They will be coming soon.

Originally Posted by SilverStrk
THIS/|/\/\.. I was speaking with Dennis bout your car at RNZ,
Oh, sweet. Tell him I said what's up.

Originally Posted by bbirdwell
FWIW, I retired a few months ago with 34 years and 9 months under the belt.
As the Navy folks say, "May you have fair winds and following seas!"
Whoa, that's a long time in this line of work. You must have seawater pumping through your veins.

By the way, happy birthday! We sure don't look 241 years old.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2000 ML55, 1997 Cummins, 2000 Dakota
Nice car, good luck with sale. If you don't mind, the dyno figure, what mods was that with?

Only asking because mine is bone stock and I was hoping with a mod list like yours to be at 600rwhp, but if that's not real, I may have to rethink spending the pretty penny for MBH and the other bling

Thanks..
Old 10-13-2016, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Jeep SRT, 2008 G37s 6MT (The Mrs.), 2005 Explorer
I'll make you a deal brother. In 3 years you can by your car's sister and then I'll know mine is going to a good home! Good luck bud.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55
I thought we would always be buying matching cars from now on?

Originally Posted by spawn_x
Nice car, good luck with sale. If you don't mind, the dyno figure, what mods was that with?

Only asking because mine is bone stock and I was hoping with a mod list like yours to be at 600rwhp, but if that's not real, I may have to rethink spending the pretty penny for MBH and the other bling

Thanks..
82mm vs the current 90mm, no meth, no trunk tank, and I think an 84mm clutched supercharger pulley.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 71 Likes on 64 Posts
2004 E55.98 SS Camaro.Jetta TDI. Expedition
Dang Dennis your car is awesome. Good luck and hope you get another when you can.
I have wondered what that car is capable of at sea level.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Jeep SRT, 2008 G37s 6MT (The Mrs.), 2005 Explorer
Originally Posted by Denroll
I thought we would always be buying matching cars from now on?
Deal.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Hell of a ride, someone is getting a steal!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Selling my car. '06 with 84k, "a few" mods