2016 GLC BRAKE PROBLEMS! SERIOUSLY!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 10:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 GLC 300 4 MATIC
2016 GLC BRAKE PROBLEMS! SERIOUSLY!

Hello.

I purchased my 2016 GLC 300 this Feb 8th, 2016.

After 1700 miles driven, the brake started making squeaking noise when I only reverse like other people said here.

It seemed like brake sound was coming from the front brakes, and I took my car to Mercedes Dealers and they tried to fix it 4 times as MBGERMANY and MBUSA engineers told them how to fix, but NEVER WORKED.

It still makes crazy embarrassing noise, and they do not even know what is going on. I talked to a person from MBUSA, but they said "HAVING SOME NOISES FROM THE BRAKE IS COMPLETELY NORMAL".

The brake squeaking sound is not even within the normal limit. Everybody in the apartment can hear and I even got the complaints from them in the morning.

Can not believe how 50k brand new Mercedes have this problem and how poorly they treat their customers.

Anyone fixed your car by the way? any suggestions to repair? because I have not heard anything from MB.
Old 10-23-2016, 11:59 AM

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
right to be forgotten
Welcome!

May I suggest it is good etiquette to take a look whether a topic already exists. I totally sympathise that search is rubbish, however only 4 posts down on the same page where you put this you can see a multi-page thread about 'screeching brakes' It has, guess what, information about brakes screeching or squaking or making noises.

See here: https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class...rakes-glc.html

Last edited by dejongj; 10-23-2016 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Added a link to the other thread
The following users liked this post:
FrostyZoob (10-24-2016)
Old 10-23-2016, 01:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 GLC 300 4 MATIC
Thanks for your awesome point out!

I read that post and most posts were quite old, and was wondering if there was any updates from other GLC drivers about this information, so I decided to post it again.
Please don't just assume what other people do or judge them.

But, I guess you gave me a chance to explain my reason of new/repetitive post!
Old 10-23-2016, 01:37 PM

right to be forgotten
Too old? With the last post today? Oh come on let's stay real.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:06 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2007 SL550
Originally Posted by toohard

I read that post and most posts were quite old, and was wondering if there was any updates from other GLC drivers about this information, so I decided to post it again.

It is posts like this that make me wonder about what are actual problems posted on these forums and whether or not I even want to read or post here anymore.

Seriously this says it all. "The brake squeaking sound is not even within the normal limit. Everybody in the apartment can hear and I even got the complaints from them in the morning."

What do they do come out and yell at you! Get a life.
Old 10-23-2016, 10:10 PM

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
E300, C63
Originally Posted by FirstBenz@62
It is posts like this that make me wonder about what are actual problems posted on these forums and whether or not I even want to read or post here anymore.

Seriously this says it all. "The brake squeaking sound is not even within the normal limit. Everybody in the apartment can hear and I even got the complaints from them in the morning."

What do they do come out and yell at you! Get a life.
Mine were so noisy a swat team raided my house and 4 of my neighbors went deaf. THIS CAR WAS EXPENSIVE AND THUSLY SHOULD BE IMMUNE TO ISSUES! But after the fifty fourth trip to the stealership they finally fixed it

my 1986 Pontiac never had this many issues
Old 10-24-2016, 12:11 AM

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 Mercedes-AMG GLC43
Originally Posted by toohard

What you said in no way justifies making a new thread for this topic. You should use the existing thread. If nothing else, it'll help the people from MB - assuming they ever read this forum - by consolidating all the relevant information in one place.

Moderators: Can you delete this thread?
Old 10-24-2016, 12:59 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 Audi S8 Plus/ 2011 Mercedes e550 4Matic//Gone:1985 500SEL/2000 e320 4Matic/ 2001 e55 Kleeman
Originally Posted by dejongj
Welcome!

May I suggest it is good etiquette to take a look whether a topic already exists. I totally sympathise that search is rubbish, however only 4 posts down on the same page where you put this you can see a multi-page thread about 'screeching brakes' It has, guess what, information about brakes screeching or squaking or making noises.

See here: https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class...rakes-glc.html
How is the glc43? Any of the issues with brakes or suspension? You went with 21 inch rims. How is ride over rough surfaces, would 20's be more forgiving ride or is air suspension an offset? Thanks. Regards. Ned.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:14 PM

right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by ngerstman
How is the glc43? Any of the issues with brakes or suspension? You went with 21 inch rims. How is ride over rough surfaces, would 20's be more forgiving ride or is air suspension an offset? Thanks. Regards. Ned.
Build will be finished tomorrow I should get it in the next two weeks.

Just sold my GL AMG. The air suspension and 21" wheels was just fine. Roads are rather rough where I live. It is country side with lots of uneven narrow lanes. Air Suspension is great and has been reliable. I was happy to go for it with the 21" wheels with air suspension. But I'll let you know in a couple of weeks.
Old 10-24-2016, 03:17 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 Audi S8 Plus/ 2011 Mercedes e550 4Matic//Gone:1985 500SEL/2000 e320 4Matic/ 2001 e55 Kleeman
Originally Posted by dejongj
Build will be finished tomorrow I should get it in the next two weeks.

Just sold my GL AMG. The air suspension and 21" wheels was just fine. Roads are rather rough where I live. It is country side with lots of uneven narrow lanes. Air Suspension is great and has been reliable. I was happy to go for it with the 21" wheels with air suspension. But I'll let you know in a couple of weeks.
That's exciting! I was going back and forth between the glc43 and the e43. Right now I have a loaded e43 on order for late December delivery(not holding my breath). The e43 comes with 19 inch rims but I would prefer 18's to be honest, not a fan of ever larger rims that invariably diminish the ride quality. I have an airmatic suspension in my 2011 e550 and while it is nice under normal driving conditions, not great when you hit a rut or even small pothole, the shocks firm up and transmit shock into cabin. I hope the newer air system works better but I'm a bit gun shy on large rims as a result. Haven't seen forum feedback on glc43 yet so looking forward to your thoughts. The glc package seems like the perfect mid size luxury SUV to me. Regards. Ned.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:49 PM

right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by ngerstman
That's exciting! I was going back and forth between the glc43 and the e43. Right now I have a loaded e43 on order for late December delivery(not holding my breath). The e43 comes with 19 inch rims but I would prefer 18's to be honest, not a fan of ever larger rims that invariably diminish the ride quality. I have an airmatic suspension in my 2011 e550 and while it is nice under normal driving conditions, not great when you hit a rut or even small pothole, the shocks firm up and transmit shock into cabin. I hope the newer air system works better but I'm a bit gun shy on large rims as a result. Haven't seen forum feedback on glc43 yet so looking forward to your thoughts. The glc package seems like the perfect mid size luxury SUV to me. Regards. Ned.
thank you. And exciting for you as well

ive found the airmartic system on the GL absolutely brilliant together with its active cornering it has been superbly comfortable and science defying when pushed and in sports mode. I hope the GLC will be similar but I appreciate the wheel base and platform is that of a C class rather than an S class. Time will tell