C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

MSL/EUROCHARGED V5 TUNE EXPERIENCE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 05:47 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG SALOON
MSL/EUROCHARGED V5 TUNE EXPERIENCE

Hi, just thought I'd put a thread together about my recent experience with my C63 AMG. I had seen and read a lot off threads over the last couple of months about the Eurocharged V series tune plus members experiences and I must admit I wasn't quite convinced that something that was simply downloaded and then loaded too the cars ecu though the MyGenius handheld device could change what I already thought was a excellent car. Well, I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong. The power and driveability is on another level and the downshifts. I can honestly put my hand on my heart and say it's the best money I've ever spent on a car and believe me I've spent a serious amount of money over the years on cars. So I'd just like too say a big THANK YOU too Acid@MSL PERFROMANCE(Birmingham UK) for the excellent customer support and supplying me with the V5 Tune in the first place plus Philip, Tiff and Jerry @ EUROCHARGED(Houston) for all there help and making such an amazing tune for the Mercedes Benz C63 AMG. Ramble overThanks lads
The following users liked this post:
sales@eurocharged.com (10-24-2016)
Old 10-24-2016, 07:23 PM

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts
2009 c63
Funny... I was going to post this tonight, but I'll hop on your thread.

I just flashed mine in on Saturday and was likewise impressed. Here is my rundown of reasons from "real" to more "experiential" reasons...

1. Throttle response noticeably more reactive but still smooth
2. Lower end power with less lag
3. Power delivery at upper end more than expected per butt dyno
4. Downshift "barks" sound even better, especially from high speed with heavy braking
5. Feels more like a proper track car
6. I find myself driving more with the windows down even in cold weather
7. The seats are even more comfortable
8. I think I lost an inch off my waistline and might even be a little taller
9. I feel like my wife has been eyeing me more but she just can't put her finger on why

I've been tempted on this for some time, just fell out of extended warranty and it went on sale the same time I won our local poker tournament for close to the same price... when the stars align... ya just go.
The following users liked this post:
INS1GNIA (10-25-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 12:45 AM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
CL63 AMG
#7-9 lol
Old 10-25-2016, 04:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 P31 Coupe
Originally Posted by EDDIE12
Hi, just thought I'd put a thread together about my recent experience with my C63 AMG. I had seen and read a lot off threads over the last couple of months about the Eurocharged V series tune plus members experiences and I must admit I wasn't quite convinced that something that was simply downloaded and then loaded too the cars ecu though the MyGenius handheld device could change what I already thought was a excellent car. Well, I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong. The power and driveability is on another level and the downshifts. I can honestly put my hand on my heart and say it's the best money I've ever spent on a car and believe me I've spent a serious amount of money over the years on cars. So I'd just like too say a big THANK YOU too Acid@MSL PERFROMANCE(Birmingham UK) for the excellent customer support and supplying me with the V5 Tune in the first place plus Philip, Tiff and Jerry @ EUROCHARGED(Houston) for all there help and making such an amazing tune for the Mercedes Benz C63 AMG. Ramble overThanks lads
Is your C63 base,p31, or 507? I am thinking of going the eurocharged route, but I have been told on my car it won't be a big difference.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:17 AM

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Dogtag114

I just flashed mine in on Saturday and was likewise impressed. Here is my rundown of reasons from "real" to more "experiential" reasons...

4. Downshift "barks" sound even better, especially from high speed with heavy braking
9. I feel like my wife has been eyeing me more but she just can't put her finger on why

I've been tempted on this for some time, just fell out of extended warranty and it went on sale the same time I won our local poker tournament for close to the same price... when the stars align... ya just go.
Haha "might even be a little taller" this just cracked me up..

So.. Really worthy, right? I own a Black Series, which is already on the edge of the M156 tune. The Eurocharged doesn't seem to add "much" (with all do respect to their tune).
Old 10-25-2016, 10:13 AM

2009 c63
Originally Posted by Vpatriota
So.. Really worthy, right? I own a Black Series, which is already on the edge of the M156 tune. The Eurocharged doesn't seem to add "much" (with all do respect to their tune).

Hard to say the difference you will see given your starting point... It made a huge difference for me... sadly putting my skinny 225 winters on soon...
Old 10-25-2016, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by AMGTQ
Is your C63 base,p31, or 507? I am thinking of going the eurocharged route, but I have been told on my car it won't be a big difference.
Originally Posted by Vpatriota
Haha "might even be a little taller" this just cracked me up..

Do it. The feel and sound is very intoxicating. Plus you get a little bump in hp/tq. Even if it is a small boost (depending on which model C63 you have), take it where you can get it with this car.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:41 PM

LOL. Totally agree with you pal but am not sure about points 7-9 though, LMAO.
Originally Posted by AMGTQ
My C63 is the 2014 base model but i had a 2013 P31 and my current C63 with the Eurocharged V5 installed is on a totally different level than the P31. I personally would pick a base model with the V5 over a P31 model any day off the week.

Anyone thats thinking about getting the V5 would be insane not too imo. Worth every single penny plus more. Thanks
Old 10-25-2016, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
Do it. The feel and sound is very intoxicating. Plus you get a little bump in hp/tq. Even if it is a small boost (depending on which model C63 you have), take it where you can get it with this car.
​​​​​​​Couldn't agree more pal.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG W204
Anyone here ever recorded a 0-60 or 0-62 with the EC tuned?
Old 10-26-2016, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 407 Likes on 289 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by SonnyAMG
Anyone here ever recorded a 0-60 or 0-62 with the EC tuned?
That's kind of a worthless test. 1/4 mile is much more telling. 0-60/62 is more about grip off the line and skill of the driver. 1/4 mile tells both about the launch and the power. For example, a hellcat runs mid- to low-11s with a high trap. That shows poor grip and high hp. An S4 is kind of the opposite, decent ET and 60' but slow trap. That means good grip and not much power. A modded GTR is kind of the best of both. Good ET and trap. Good grip and high hp. When people talk about 0-60, I take it with a grain of salt. The surface, tires, and driver play so much into it that it's relatively worthless.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:40 AM

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisridebike8
That's kind of a worthless test. 1/4 mile is much more telling. 0-60/62 is more about grip off the line and skill of the driver. 1/4 mile tells both about the launch and the power. For example, a hellcat runs mid- to low-11s with a high trap. That shows poor grip and high hp. An S4 is kind of the opposite, decent ET and 60' but slow trap. That means good grip and not much power. A modded GTR is kind of the best of both. Good ET and trap. Good grip and high hp. When people talk about 0-60, I take it with a grain of salt. The surface, tires, and driver play so much into it that it's relatively worthless.
On the other hand, I'd like to see some tests from 100-200kph (60-130mph). Fastestlaps.com has a very very optimistic data, IMO. Don't think its manageable in real life with stock ECU.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 679 Likes on 464 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
Originally Posted by chrisridebike8
Ya, mine does 62mph on the speedo in 0.1 seconds as it is still in the same spot when it hits 62 as when I hit the gas!
Old 10-30-2016, 11:24 AM

2009 c63
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
The feel and sound is very intoxicating
These down shifts... can't get enough... I drive in manual almost exclusively now...
Old 10-30-2016, 11:31 AM

These down shifts... can't get enough... I drive in manual almost exclusively now...
Am the same now. It even feels better with the Brabus race paddle shifters

Last edited by EDDIE12; 10-30-2016 at 11:39 AM.