C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

MB dealership service test drive.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 08:55 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2023 EQS 450+ 2022 Kia Carnival
MB dealership service test drive.

Hey guys.
I posted a thread last week about shifting from P->D gives me a shock. I finally made a appointment with the dealer on friday. The dealer told me I would have to do a test drive with them. So if the symptoms that I reported don't show up during test drive then what would happen? Would MB simply not take a look at my car?
Old 10-26-2016, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 554 Likes on 471 Posts
2016 C300
Not literally an electrical shock right? Like a lurch when D is engaged?
Old 07-21-2022, 08:07 AM

Received 79 Likes on 50 Posts
2016 E350 2015 ML250 2002 Z06 CORVETTE
It is interesting how there are sometimes folks repeatedly posting on automotive forums that obviously have not a clue of what they are talking about. Unfortunately there are the mechanically handicapped who are convinced that fixing the modern car is simply plugging it into a machine that tells you which screw to turn next. If only that were true!

I am though all in favor of those idiotic folks who don't want their precious baby driven home by someone from the dealership. I used to do that occasionally and was not a fan. I hated driving someones dirty used car and having to leave my clean new one at the dealership. My neighbors used to ask if I were slumming? I also hated passing on the $150 an hour I got for the tech riding around looking for a problem that half the time was in the customers imagination.

Just tell that darn dealer no! He will love you for it!
The following users liked this post:
CincyMBGuy (07-21-2022)
Old 07-21-2022, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,434 Posts
2019 C63CS
So I'm an engineer and as such I can tell you we can only fix problems that can be reproduced. If the problem doesn't occur there's nothing a tech can really do unless your problem description fits an existing known issue in their database and they have a known fix for it. It's very common in such cases to go for a quick test drive with the shop foreman to demonstrate the issue. But yes, if it doesn't happen then all they can do is see if they find something in the DB based on your description.

Last edited by superswiss; 07-21-2022 at 08:33 AM.
Old 07-21-2022, 09:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c300
Jallen44

Originally Posted by JALLEN4
It is interesting how there are sometimes folks repeatedly posting on automotive forums that obviously have not a clue of what they are talking about. Unfortunately there are the mechanically handicapped who are convinced that fixing the modern car is simply plugging it into a machine that tells you which screw to turn next. If only that were true!

I am though all in favor of those idiotic folks who don't want their precious baby driven home by someone from the dealership. I used to do that occasionally and was not a fan. I hated driving someones dirty used car and having to leave my clean new one at the dealership. My neighbors used to ask if I were slumming? I also hated passing on the $150 an hour I got for the tech riding around looking for a problem that half the time was in the customers imagination.

Just tell that darn dealer no! He will love you for it!
You are total moron! My car is brand new and clean! So I hate when a dirty mechanic like you puts his *** in my baby.
I said no but he took it anyway.

Last edited by Andy12; 07-21-2022 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-21-2022, 09:56 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by Andy12
You are total moron! My car is brand new and clean! So I hate when a dirty mechanic like you puts his *** in my baby.
Thank you for describing my mental state so succinctly. Actually, I'm not a "dirty mechanic" but rather was the owner of multiple new car dealerships before retiring. I did though enjoy going back to my roots and helping out our customers with hard to diagnose problems.

I can certainly appreciate your desire to keep your hard earned new car in tip top shape! I often had a couple of thousand of them at a time that I felt the same way about. Like I said...just say no and the dealer will love you for it. Actually they eventually get around to fixing most all of the cars...even for people like you!
Old 07-21-2022, 10:09 AM

Received 361 Likes on 257 Posts
'16 C450, '21 Dad Wagon Pilot, '22 Wrangler 4xe
Thank you for describing my mental state so succinctly. Actually, I'm not a "dirty mechanic" but rather was the owner of multiple new car dealerships before retiring. I did though enjoy going back to my roots and helping out our customers with hard to diagnose problems.

I can certainly appreciate your desire to keep your hard earned new car in tip top shape! I often had a couple of thousand of them at a time that I felt the same way about. Like I said...just say no and the dealer will love you for it. Actually they eventually get around to fixing most all of the cars...even for people like you!
Andy is just an angry guy thinking technicians want a free ride in his C300. He's been entertaining in another, similar thread.

PS- Greetings from SW Ohio as well!
Old 07-21-2022, 10:16 AM

c300

I do not understand all this hate I am getting. It’s not my first one and not the last one. I addressed my disapproval for their home rides and this should be respected. That is all.
Old 07-21-2022, 10:25 AM

c300
Originally Posted by CincyMBGuy
Andy is just an angry guy thinking technicians want a free ride in his C300. He's been entertaining in another, similar thread.

PS- Greetings from SW Ohio as well!
Yes, and you can not take it. Reading your angry posts I am assuming it is true. Even from the legal side it is against the law.
Old 07-21-2022, 10:26 AM

I do not understand all this hate I am getting. It’s not my first one and not the last one. I addressed my disapproval for their home rides and this should be respected. That is all.
Gee, and here I thought you understood I am on your side! I have dealt with hundreds of little guys with your mindset. You finally buy an entry level luxury car and now know you have to be treated with respect. You must always denigrate others and call them morons. Part of owning a luxury marque is knowing that the unwashed masses you come in contact with are trying to take advantage of you! I'm with you...don't let them drive it home as it may come back with cooties!
CincyMBGuy (07-21-2022)
Old 07-21-2022, 10:27 AM

Yes, and you can not take it. Reading your angry posts I am assuming it is true. Even from the legal side it is against the law.
I find your posts comical, there isn't anything you have said that "I can't take." I am genuinely curious, what is it that you think is against the law?
Old 07-21-2022, 10:32 AM

c300
OMG

Gee, and here I thought you understood I am on your side! I have dealt with hundreds of little guys with your mindset. You finally buy an entry level luxury car and now know you have to be treated with respect. You must always denigrate others and call them morons. Part of owning a luxury marque is knowing that the unwashed masses you come in contact with are trying to take advantage of you! I'm with you...don't let them drive it home as it may come back with cooties!
Here we go again. You think all of MB is luxurious? I have better once’s for my joy ride. This one is for my work only. I am done arguing with stupid people.
Old 07-21-2022, 10:44 AM

c300
Done

Originally Posted by CincyMBGuy
I find your posts comical, there isn't anything you have said that "I can't take." I am genuinely curious, what is it that you think is against the law?
You will not understand.
Old 07-21-2022, 10:55 AM

You will not understand.
Okay, twinkletoes. I wish you the best on resolving the issues you have with your car.
Old 07-21-2022, 01:15 PM

Received 306 Likes on 210 Posts
13 s212 63 p30. 03 s55amg
Can’t wait to see a third thread about this person unable to understand. Literally has no answers other than insults. I hope this car is never fixed, they have a continued terrible experience and leave the marque because then we don’t have to see them on the forums anymore.

Andy, your car is broken and only you know how it should be done. Time to open up Andy’s automotive classes and technology. You will help tons of people save money and save tons of seats from “dirty” asses. You will be so good that customers will not even have to bring the car in for your “no touch” service.

Sign me up. Do you take aftermarket warranties with no hassle?

Thanks for any info you can provide for your new business model, one which every dealer will now follow since YOU have all of the answers.
CincyMBGuy (07-21-2022)
Old 07-21-2022, 01:43 PM

c300

Originally Posted by Baltistyle
Can’t wait to see a third thread about this person unable to understand. Literally has no answers other than insults. I hope this car is never fixed, they have a continued terrible experience and leave the marque because then we don’t have to see them on the forums anymore.

Andy, your car is broken and only you know how it should be done. Time to open up Andy’s automotive classes and technology. You will help tons of people save money and save tons of seats from “dirty” asses. You will be so good that customers will not even have to bring the car in for your “no touch” service.

Sign me up. Do you take aftermarket warranties with no hassle?

Thanks for any info you can provide for your new business model, one which every dealer will now follow since YOU have all of the answers.
Everyone of you insulted me. I am just more direct with my opinion. Customers cars are private property which should stay with in dealership and should not be a subject for use after hours/overnight by it’s employees.This is my opinion like it or not.
Old 07-21-2022, 02:19 PM

Received 306 Likes on 210 Posts
13 s212 63 p30. 03 s55amg
Everyone of you insulted me. I am just more direct with my opinion. Customers cars are private property which should stay with in dealership and should not be a subject for use after hours/overnight by it’s employees.This is my opinion like it or not.
Your opinions are yours. We are stating facts. We have collectively stated the value and the benefit. Your opinion of a possible negative does not negate our facts nor our opinions if we so choose. Your directness is fine as long as ours is too but the problem with this is you are asking for help, and we are not. When asking for help, fall on your sword and if you don't know what that means, please look it up. Asking for help in a forum with many experts requires a certain diet of humble pie.
CincyMBGuy (07-21-2022)
Old 07-21-2022, 03:12 PM

c300
Wrong

Originally Posted by Baltistyle
Your opinions are yours. We are stating facts. We have collectively stated the value and the benefit. Your opinion of a possible negative does not negate our facts nor our opinions if we so choose. Your directness is fine as long as ours is too but the problem with this is you are asking for help, and we are not. When asking for help, fall on your sword and if you don't know what that means, please look it up. Asking for help in a forum with many experts requires a certain diet of humble pie.
You got this wrong. I did not ask anyone of you for help, not for advice as well. I simply share my disapproval for this type of practice with other concerned customers.
Old 07-21-2022, 04:33 PM

Received 111 Likes on 64 Posts
E400 Wagon; 2010 ML350; 08 CLK350 Cabriolet; 69 SL280
"When you're arguing with a fool, you're the fool for even going back and forth."
Justine Skye
Old 07-22-2022, 01:43 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
2017 C43, 1980 450SL, 1966 230SL, 2006 Jeep Rubicon
@JALLEN4 In Andy12's defense, he did not ask anyone for help with anything. In post 5, he jumped onto this thread all offended at your (unnecessary) comment about having to drive in dirty customer cars, as if you had directed that statement at him personally.
@Andy12 Why did you even make that comment? Do you think everything is about you? Are you the guy Carly Simon was singing about?

This thread devolved into a slapfest and the OP has never received help or even posted a second time. You're both to blame. Contribute to the conversation or issue in a helpful manner for the OP.
Old 07-22-2022, 01:45 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
2017 C43, 1980 450SL, 1966 230SL, 2006 Jeep Rubicon
@JALLEN4 And, why did you jump into a 6 year old thread?!?!?!? I just noticed that. Jeeze.
Old 07-22-2022, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 201 Likes on 177 Posts
2021 c300 Cab. Arrived 7/28/21
I don’t understand this whole thread. It started 6 years ago and there is no mention of driving a owner’s car. Just a simple question, then 6 years later there are insults.