Sponsored by:

Exhaust Systems for The Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 02:53 AM

Received 98 Likes on 96 Posts
C63S 2016
Exhaust Systems for The Sedan

Guys I'm very keen on installing an exhaust system on my c63 sedan. However, I did my homework and I ended up not being able to make my mind on what to choose The list below consists of the exhausts systems I found (and liked ):

IPE
Renntech
Eisenmann
FI Exhaust

AWE
Armytrix

personally I found the ones in bold to be the best, imo. Please note that I'm not looking for removing my cats, therefore that's why I'm looking for Catbacks and not full setups (including the downpipes).

Any thoughts guys?
Old 10-27-2016, 09:53 AM

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts
2016 C63S
Hey Man,
some of my thoughts
IPE Guy i know just installed with DP and sounds good.
Renntech -no info
Eisenmann - my only issue with this is a Axel back vs cat back. very expensive and comes with about 6' less of the aftermarket parts
FI Exhaust - someone on here got this an sold it right away, not sure why

AWE -I love mine now. give the car a real growl, they changed up the valve system so its perfect now, however availability is awful.
Armytrix -in the audi world there was MASSIVE issues with quality on these.

if you have any other questions i can try to help
Old 10-27-2016, 07:26 PM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 c63s
I wouldn't discredit the armytrix based on the audi problem. IIRC the issues in the audi world were because they used two different differentials and required two different exhaust piping routes. It is something that could easily be missed in R&D because the differential was an addition that was not specific to models.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by bgm130
Hey Man,
some of my thoughts
Renntech -no info
Eisenmann - my only issue with this is a Axel back vs cat back. very expensive and comes with about 6' less of the aftermarket parts

AWE -I love mine now. give the car a real growl, they changed up the valve system so its perfect now, however availability is awful.

Good to know, thank you.

Have you got DP on your AWE or just cat back?

I'm also keen on doing this to the coupe!
Old 10-28-2016, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Originally Posted by SBH-
Guys I'm very keen on installing an exhaust system on my c63 sedan. However, I did my homework and I ended up not being able to make my mind on what to choose The list below consists of the exhausts systems I found (and liked ):

IPE
Renntech
Eisenmann
FI Exhaust

AWE
Armytrix

personally I found the ones in bold to be the best, imo. Please note that I'm not looking for removing my cats, therefore that's why I'm looking for Catbacks and not full setups (including the downpipes).

Any thoughts guys?
I'm on the same boat regarding the exhaust.

Keen on a cat back.

Akrapovic is missing here... but i think the pricing is ridiculous
Old 10-28-2016, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
I've even considered deleting the secondary cats.... lol
Old 10-28-2016, 02:52 AM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
W205 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Sanch
I've even considered deleting the secondary cats.... lol
I'm in a similar boat where it seems losing all or both cats gives the best sound! The car's already loud, I just want a bit more rasp to it.

I want to do downpipes but I think secondary cats is going to be the cheapest and (regarding MoT testing) the easiest solution.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:46 AM

2016 C63S
Originally Posted by Dthquazi
I wouldn't discredit the armytrix based on the audi problem. IIRC the issues in the audi world were because they used two different differentials and required two different exhaust piping routes. It is something that could easily be missed in R&D because the differential was an addition that was not specific to models.
Fair enough. I am just giving my thoughts. i mean the system looked incredible and was the only switchable option for that car.

Good to know, thank you.

Have you got DP on your AWE or just cat back?

I'm also keen on doing this to the coupe!
I just have the Cat back. i didnt want to do downpipes yet. but the more i hear cars with them its looking like a spring mod

I'm on the same boat regarding the exhaust.

Keen on a cat back.

Akrapovic is missing here... but i think the pricing is ridiculous
Yeah its insanity. the finish and the way they make them is incredible but 8k for a cat back No way.

Originally Posted by Andyroo
I'm in a similar boat where it seems losing all or both cats gives the best sound! The car's already loud, I just want a bit more rasp to it.

I want to do downpipes but I think secondary cats is going to be the cheapest and (regarding MoT testing) the easiest solution.
Yeah you can get it pretty loud with a Cat back as these exhausts has shown. but just adding downpipes and keeping the stock performance system is impressive
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLMiaNtB...n-by=dmetuning
here is stock exhaust with Downpipes and you def get that raspy sound. and then of coarse you can go stage 2!!
Old 10-28-2016, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
17 C63 S Coupe
I am probably the only one on here running the Eisenmann System. I have to say it turn's more heads then you could ever imagine. They did a great job at changing the sound with just a axel back system.

I am going to upload some videos soon; i've just been swamped with work. Head over to my IG page (JPBENZ) some videos.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:31 AM

W205 C63 AMG
Yeah you can get it pretty loud with a Cat back as these exhausts has shown. but just adding downpipes and keeping the stock performance system is impressive
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLMiaNtB...n-by=dmetuning
here is stock exhaust with Downpipes and you def get that raspy sound. and then of coarse you can go stage 2!!
Yeah, that's the sound I want. Unfortunately emissions checks and cost of DPs makes them pretty much a no-no!
Old 10-30-2016, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Yeah, that's the sound I want. Unfortunately emissions checks and cost of DPs makes them pretty much a no-no!
+1
Old 11-01-2016, 05:01 AM

C63S 2016
Hey Man,
some of my thoughts
Renntech -no info

whats the issue in eisenmann ? I don't quite get you bro.
armytrix I don't quite vote for it , cuz I heard it in person and I don't quite like how it sounds, nothing different than the stock I guess.

what would you vote for ? so many exhausts which sound good !
Old 11-01-2016, 05:07 AM

C63S 2016
my main thing is I want to get an aggressive roar, without any DPs. not considering that for now, that's why I'm looking for any exhaust system that adds to the aggressiveness without having to install any DPs !
Old 11-01-2016, 09:26 AM

2016 C63S
Originally Posted by SBH-
whats the issue in eisenmann ? I don't quite get you bro.
armytrix I don't quite vote for it , cuz I heard it in person and I don't quite like how it sounds, nothing different than the stock I guess.

what would you vote for ? so many exhausts which sound good !
I have no issues with the sound of eisenmann. JPMs from what i have heard sounds great.
My comment was related to the system being axle back vs cat back. so you are getting less for more $$. AWE and others come with the entire mid pipe and a 3rd valve.
i have added a picture the stuff in RED is the mid pipe which is not included with an Axle back. the green is all you would be getting.
once again i have no idea how much difference it makes, but the mid pip on aftermarket is a large diameter so usually that is a deeper sound.

I just wanted to provide as much info as possible from what i know.

My vote would be for AWE as its the best i have heard in person so far.

Green is Axle back
Red is CAT BACk

aftermarket on left. bigger diameter piping

Last edited by bgm130; 11-01-2016 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-01-2016, 03:39 PM

C63S 2016
I have no issues with the sound of eisenmann. JPMs from what i have heard sounds great.
My comment was related to the system being axle back vs cat back. so you are getting less for more $$. AWE and others come with the entire mid pipe and a 3rd valve.
i have added a picture the stuff in RED is the mid pipe which is not included with an Axle back. the green is all you would be getting.
once again i have no idea how much difference it makes, but the mid pip on aftermarket is a large diameter so usually that is a deeper sound.

I just wanted to provide as much info as possible from what i know.

My vote would be for AWE as its the best i have heard in person so far.

Green is Axle back
Red is CAT BACk

aftermarket on left. bigger diameter piping
ahaaa fair enough. but what will i need to do if i opt to go for the axle back? how does that reflect on what i need to fix and so on ...
Old 11-06-2016, 03:04 PM

W205 C63 AMG
Check out this axle back straight pipe: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...30478160311812

Performance exhaust cars will need something to stop the valves throwing a code when they're removed though
Old 11-06-2016, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Check out this axle back straight pipe: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...30478160311812

Performance exhaust cars will need something to stop the valves throwing a code when they're removed though
Sounds pretty good, what exhaust is it?

I thought the code is only thrown when changing the downpipes?
Old 11-06-2016, 05:33 PM

W205 C63 AMG
Sounds pretty good, what exhaust is it?

I thought the code is only thrown when changing the downpipes?
the pipes with rear mufflers from the axle back replaced with straight pipe (custom made). The removal of the valves in the rear mufflers is what caused the code

not my car by the way!
Old 12-03-2016, 01:43 AM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 c63s
I am debating which exhaust to get. So far I'm liking the ipe but have found limited videos on any of them.

I want to get a cat back and keep stock downpipe for now. I want a deeper more of a v8 sounds. I don't like the sound of the BMW m's..

I feel that Eisenmann and Awe gives these cars that sound. But I'm a really bad judge for Internet videos. I think that the ipe does a good job of maintaining that sound.

Help me please.

Last edited by Dthquazi; 12-03-2016 at 03:57 AM.
Old 12-03-2016, 02:16 PM

C63S 2016
Originally Posted by Dthquazi
I am debating which exhaust to get. So far I'm liking the ipe but have found limited videos on any of them.

I want to get a cat back and keep stock downpipe for now. I want a deeper more of a v8 sounds. I don't like the sound of the BMW m's..

I feel that Eisenmann and Awe gives these cars that sound. But I'm a really bad judge for Internet videos. I think that the ipe does a good job of maintaining that sound.

Help me please.
well, personally i think i find iPe the best. its cuz the eisenmann as explained above, is an axle back which will require additional work

any thoughts guys?