C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Tires question (PLEASE GET TO ME ASAP)

Old 10-28-2016, 08:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Buying C43 AMG Coupe
Tires question (PLEASE GET TO ME ASAP)

Hello everyone! I got a question about tires. Yesterday I got a flat tire on my 'brand new' c300 4matic coupe. Since this car has ~3,500 miles, can this tire be replaced under the warranty? If so, should my dealership take care of that or they will try and charge me for that?

Another question is for everyone who got their c300 4matic coupes.. What tires do you guys have? I just saw that I have Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2, however, when I was checking on the 'factory tires for c300 4matic coupe', I wasn't even able to find those. Are these good tires? Did they change tires before delivering this vehicle to me and kept factory (assuming better) tires for themselves?

Thank you very much guys !
Old 10-28-2016, 08:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 554 Likes on 471 Posts
2016 C300
A flat tire wouldn't be a warranty issue, unless it went flat because of an issue with the car's suspension (abnormal wear). However, the car should have run flat tires. Not only is the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 not an OEM tire, it's also not a run flat. Did you buy the car new?
Old 10-28-2016, 08:59 AM

Buying C43 AMG Coupe
I bought the car new, and Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymmetric 2 ARE run flat tires (it says it on the tires themselves, and I just quickly googled it..)
Edit: hmm, maybe it is not Asymmetric 2.. I know that these are run flats for sure though.

If these are not OEM tires, can I get in touch with the dealer questioning this? I do want my car to have OEM tires. This seems like a little scam

Edit 2: I've also read about Road Hazard Warranty. Isn't it something that applies to brand new tire?

Last edited by kubikdanon; 10-28-2016 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:39 AM

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts
2019 E53 Coupe
It looks like they are run flats (MOE) OEM for Mercedes and they don't come with a manufacturers road hazard warranty. This from Tire Racks web site.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ic+2+RunOnFlat

Max Performance Summer run-flat tires provide temporary self-supporting run-flat mobility for a distance of 50 miles at up to 50 mph, even after a puncture has allowed complete air pressure loss. They are designed for serious driving enthusiasts who want a combination of a performance appearance, competent handling and Z-speed rated (or higher) durability with enhanced dry and wet traction. Often used as Original Equipment (O.E.) on powerful sports cars, performance coupes and high performance sedans, Max Performance Summer run-flat tires are not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.
Goodyear's warranty states: "Ultra high-performance summer tires are not recommended for winter use, and tread or shoulder cracking on those tires resulting from winter use will not be covered under our warranty."
O.E. Max Performance Summer run-flat tires are typically purchased as direct replacements for worn-out pairs/sets of the vehicle's original tires. They can also be used for other vehicle applications in complete sets of four or axle pairs if available in an appropriate size, load range and speed rating to match the existing O.E. run-flat tires' performance category and specifications.
NOTE: Run-flat tires are only recommended for vehicles that are originally equipped with self-supporting run-flat tires and equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system.
Though they cannot be labeled as run-flat tires, tires branded with MOExtended or MOE on their sidewalls offer run-flat-like characteristics by delivering limited temporary extended mobility after a puncture results in complete loss of air pressure. Because MOExtended or MOE tires do not have the same speed and distance endurance of conventional run-flat tires, they should not be substituted in any situation where a conventional run-flat tire is required. To confirm what your vehicle needs, check our Original Equipment tire listing for your year, make and model or see your vehicle owner's manual.
Limited sizes of the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 RunOnFlat are available with Goodyear's SoundComfort Technology, which involves the manufacturer adhering a layer of sound-absorbing foam to the inner liner of the tire to reduce cabin noise in the vehicle. These sizes are identified on the Specs page and in the search results.
Related Information: Learn more about MOExtended/MOE tires here.

Old 10-28-2016, 09:39 AM

Received 160 Likes on 103 Posts
C450, GLS 63 and a few other things
I don't think we know that the Goodyear is not an OEM tire on the coupe. I've seen review photos with Goodyears, Continentals, and Pirellis. Not sure which option gets you what. Car and Driver's Euro Editiion 1 C300 Coupe had Goodyears. It is doubtful (but not impossible) that the dealer swapped out tires on a brand new car, with something that wasn't on another car on the lot.

As for warranty, a flat would not be covered unless a defect (Mike5215 talked about suspension, but could be tire mounted on rim wrong, or entirely bad tire, both unlikely) or you purchased a tire warranty.

You mention road hazard warranty, and yes that usually would cover flats, but it isn't part of the standard warranty, you need to purchase that separately.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:55 AM

Buying C43 AMG Coupe
Oh well, seems like these are OEM since I have Edition 1 as well.. However, it is strange that when I go to my dealer's website and go to 'purchase tires' section, I am not getting the selection for these tires AT ALL (there are pirellis, continentals, bridgestones listed)
Old 10-28-2016, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 554 Likes on 471 Posts
2016 C300
Missed it being for a coupe. Nothing came up for OEM on the sedan. Although the site I looked it up on makes no mention of the tire being extended mobility (while it clearly is, per TireRack).

http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Revie...1+Asymmetric+2

Anyway, it would likely be replaced if the OP had separate road hazard coverage, or it may be a candidate for repair depending on where the puncture is.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:16 AM

Buying C43 AMG Coupe
I did not purchase Extended Wheel and Tire warranty, so based on what you guys said it's unlikely that I will get some warranty, local shop - here I come
Also, I've read that Run flats are non-repairable in any case.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:36 AM

Received 160 Likes on 103 Posts
C450, GLS 63 and a few other things
Originally Posted by kubikdanon
I did not purchase Extended Wheel and Tire warranty, so based on what you guys said it's unlikely that I will get some warranty, local shop - here I come
Also, I've read that Run flats are non-repairable in any case.
Actually, most run flats are reparable just fine. The issue is, they can only be run "flat" for certain distances/speed, and since the shop doesn't know how fast or long you drove it flat, some shops will refuse to repair them. However, many others will, particularly if you didn't drive it flat.

Goodyear actually makes no distinction between repairing standard and run flat tires, the same method is approved for both, so you should be fine.

Finally, I should note that Goodyear is particularly confusing with their tires, as many tires with the same name come in a standard and a run flat tire, as is the case with Asymetrics (original, 2 and 3s) and several others.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:33 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2015 C300 Sport 4Matic, 2014 C300 Sport 4Matic
After working for a dealership I will tell u the tires are not covered under any kind of warranty unless u buy some special extended coverage from the dealer. The mileage warranty that the tires have is done directly thru the tire manufacturer. That's how it was at the Honda/Acura dealer I worked at.