G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

Anyone in the US have a G550 4x4 on order?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Question Anyone in the US have a G550 4x4 on order?

I currently have the #1 spot reserved at my local dealership for the G550 4x4 and I was wondering if anyone out there has one on order or knows anything about timeline?

I'm being told early 2017 delivery, (January/February) but have not been able to get any information of when the ordering window is supposed to open.

I sort of feel like they are jerking me around, so all I'm really looking for is confirmation that there isn't any info out there to be had yet.

~Jason
Old 11-04-2016, 09:30 PM

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Edition
Originally Posted by Yupkwondo
I currently have the #1 spot reserved at my local dealership for the G550 4x4 and I was wondering if anyone out there has one on order or knows anything about timeline?

I'm being told early 2017 delivery, (January/February) but have not been able to get any information of when the ordering window is supposed to open.

I sort of feel like they are jerking me around, so all I'm really looking for is confirmation that there isn't any info out there to be had yet.
That sounds like it could be accurate. I'm considering trading my 2016 G550 in for a 2017 G63, but want to drive a G63 (doesn't matter if it's a 2016 or 2017) to see if I'm ok with the different suspension tuning before placing an order. The 2017's were supposed to be available starting in October, but I haven't seen any reports of any showing up yet and my dealer sold their last 2016 G63 (at least for the moment) before I started to get serious about the trade. They have received a few more 2016 G550's in the last few weeks. I wouldn't be shocked if January / February turns out to be a bit optimistic for the 4x4 squared.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:39 AM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
6x6 | 4x4
MB Manhattan has 8 Deposits, the first 2 are Clients of mine.

The 1st Trucks are being built in December, meaning Jan/Feb Delivery, depending on Certification from DOT.

What color do you have ordered, and from where. I will be happy to check and see if your order has been accepted by Daimler.

Greynlds, the 2017's are already out, as of 2 weeks ago.
Old 11-05-2016, 11:25 AM

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Edition
Originally Posted by NYCBenz
Greynlds, the 2017's are already out, as of 2 weeks ago.
Thanks for the info, Justin. Hopefully they'll start showing up locally soon.
Old 11-05-2016, 02:45 PM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
Does anyone know the MSRP?
Old 11-05-2016, 02:49 PM

6x6 | 4x4
Originally Posted by G55K
Does anyone know the MSRP?
Official USA Pricing isn't out yet, however I expect it to be just north of $250,000. I can't imagine it costing more than $275,000, however.

It is going to be extremely limited production (<200), so if you haven't placed an order yet, definitely get one in before the end of December.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:16 PM

Official USA Pricing isn't out yet, however I expect it to be just north of $250,000. I can't imagine it costing more than $275,000, however.

It is going to be extremely limited production (<200), so if you haven't placed an order yet, definitely get one in before the end of December.
I'm first on the list in Denver.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:36 PM

6x6 | 4x4
I'm first on the list in Denver.
Which Dealer?

When I looked earlier, I believe only Westminster had a slot, no others in CO.

I believe the color was Electric Beam?

Will check Monday when I'm back in the office.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:45 PM

Which Dealer?

When I looked earlier, I believe only Westminster had a slot, no others in CO.

I believe the color was Electric Beam?

Will check Monday when I'm back in the office.
That's what I'm afraid of. I went through Mercedes of Littleton and haven't been able to get any info. They were very confident that they'd be getting one when I placed my order but I'm starting to have my doubts. Do you think these will be going over MSRP when they hit the second hand market? I was so close to having Letech do a conversion on my G63 when Mercedes announced they'd by bringing their version to the States. Looks like I may need to give Letech a call again
Old 11-05-2016, 07:24 PM

6x6 | 4x4
Let me look on Monday to confirm, don't ruin your weekend over it!

what color did you order?

Also, I think LeTech went out of business (however I may be wrong).
Old 11-05-2016, 09:38 PM

Let me look on Monday to confirm, don't ruin your weekend over it!

what color did you order?

Also, I think LeTech went out of business (however I may be wrong).
They haven't even had me spec it yet.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:09 AM

MB Manhattan has 8 Deposits, the first 2 are Clients of mine.

The 1st Trucks are being built in December, meaning Jan/Feb Delivery, depending on Certification from DOT.

What color do you have ordered, and from where. I will be happy to check and see if your order has been accepted by Daimler.
My order is through Mercedes of North Olmsted. Supposedly they received a special allocation for one local superstar basketball player (LBJ) but I am #1 on their deposit list as I was the first to put a deposit down. I haven't been contacted to spec it yet. I am just worried that my slot was given away to LBJ.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:53 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
g class
I think if you haven't placed an order now it's likely you are not getting one. I locked in my color for a build about 4 weeks ago. The price is said to be from $225k-$250k but undetermined still. Upgraded paint color like electric beam is $26k. From my understanding there is less than 150 cars coming to the USA (I was told by corporate that maybe even only 50 cars). The cars will be selling for over $100k in the used market and so dealers are not giving the allocations to their customers as they should. Most dealers will be allocated 1-2 cars at most and some will not even get an allocation. It's likely that allocation will go to someone that will purchase and sell back to the dealer immediately so the dealer can markup the car.

The only option you you can pick on the car is exterior color. Nothing else is able to be changed.

Bottom line, my car was allocated by mbusa corporate and I locked in the color about a month ago and I believe the car is supposed to start production anytime now for early 2017 delivery.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:03 AM

g class
Also, the car in the USA will not have cruise control
Old 11-06-2016, 11:21 AM

6x6 | 4x4
Definitely speak with the General Sales Manager or the General Manager.

We we have been able to spec since September.

the only option is color, everything else is the same.

My order is through Mercedes of North Olmsted. Supposedly they received a special allocation for one local superstar basketball player (LBJ) but I am #1 on their deposit list as I was the first to put a deposit down. I haven't been contacted to spec it yet. I am just worried that my slot was given away to LBJ.
every dealer has their VIP list which gets first priority (up to the dealer/GM), however try to speak with somebody higher than your salesperson to get a definitive answer.

Originally Posted by CrazyMD
I think if you haven't placed an order now it's likely you are not getting one. I locked in my color for a build about 4 weeks ago. The price is said to be from $225k-$250k but undetermined still. Upgraded paint color like electric beam is $26k. From my understanding there is less than 150 cars coming to the USA (I was told by corporate that maybe even only 50 cars). The cars will be selling for over $100k in the used market and so dealers are not giving the allocations to their customers as they should. Most dealers will be allocated 1-2 cars at most and some will not even get an allocation. It's likely that allocation will go to someone that will purchase and sell back to the dealer immediately so the dealer can markup the car.

The only option you you can pick on the car is exterior color. Nothing else is able to be changed.

Bottom line, my car was allocated by mbusa corporate and I locked in the color about a month ago and I believe the car is supposed to start production anytime now for early 2017 delivery.
Not sure who you are speaking with at MBUSA Corporate, but there are already over 100 build allocations on NetStar.

We we already have 3 allocations, most dealers have 1, some have 2.

the number of allocations is based on total volume the dealer does, so if people are putting deposits down at small stores, it is very likely they will not receive an allocation.

will wait til the end of this month, I expect a few more slots will get allocated, and the final production number to be around 200-250.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:10 PM

g class
I was told that in august before anything was really confirmed. Now I've been told the number is about 150. Even at 200-250 that's a very limited number of cars and dealers are definitely going to be playing games to get cars and list them for markups.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:35 PM

Definitely speak with the General Sales Manager or the General Manager.

We we have been able to spec since September.

the only option is color, everything else is the same.

every dealer has their VIP list which gets first priority (up to the dealer/GM), however try to speak with somebody higher than your salesperson to get a definitive answer.

Not sure who you are speaking with at MBUSA Corporate, but there are already over 100 build allocations on NetStar.

We we already have 3 allocations, most dealers have 1, some have 2.

the number of allocations is based on total volume the dealer does, so if people are putting deposits down at small stores, it is very likely they will not receive an allocation.

will wait til the end of this month, I expect a few more slots will get allocated, and the final production number to be around 200-250.
Are you able to look into other dealerships allocations? I'd just be interested to know if they are telling me the truth. I'm sure if LBJ wanted one, the VIP allocation is his to have. But when I put my deposit down upon the vehicle being announced as coming to the US in June, I was told I was number one with no one in front of me. Because of that I didn't put any other deposits down, they essentially took me out of the market. If I knew that number one wasn't going to be enough I would've gotten on other lists. They are a large volume, AMG specialized, dealership. I figured I'd be good. Hope they get a second allocation.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:42 PM

6x6 | 4x4
Are you able to look into other dealerships allocations? I'd just be interested to know if they are telling me the truth. I'm sure if LBJ wanted one, the VIP allocation is his to have. But when I put my deposit down upon the vehicle being announced as coming to the US in June, I was told I was number one with no one in front of me. Because of that I didn't put any other deposits down, they essentially took me out of the market. If I knew that number one wasn't going to be enough I would've gotten on other lists. They are a large volume, AMG specialized, dealership. I figured I'd be good. Hope they get a second allocation.
The only thing I can see is what Trucks have actual allocations. since it is such small production numbers, it is easy to see who has what coming in.

dealers don't get extra "special" allocations based on specific customers. That's just their way of telling you they put him on the list above you.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:40 PM

The only thing I can see is what Trucks have actual allocations. since it is such small production numbers, it is easy to see who has what coming in.

dealers don't get extra "special" allocations based on specific customers. That's just their way of telling you they put him on the list above you.
Yeah, that's what I pretty much thought and was afraid of. I have a slight issue with it only because it was the sales manager that told me I was first and only back in June. The owner of the dealership changed that. Ohh well, I'll wait it out a few more weeks I suppose and see if they are issued another allocation.
Old 11-06-2016, 07:59 PM

Received 305 Likes on 231 Posts
E450 wagon, C43 AMG Cpe, C43 AMG Cab
I'm just curious. How are you guys planning on using this truck? It certainly isn't your run of the mill pickup.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by pdeacon
I'm just curious. How are you guys planning on using this truck? It certainly isn't your run of the mill pickup.
I actually use mine. Here are some pics from Moab. My Range Rover has a one off 6-inch lift. It's a beast. G63 has a two inch lift using orc springs and Radflo shocks. I even cut the side pipes off to increase ground clearance. If I can get my hands on a G550 squared it will be used.

The following users liked this post:
pdeacon (11-07-2016)
Old 11-07-2016, 07:13 AM

Received 305 Likes on 231 Posts
E450 wagon, C43 AMG Cpe, C43 AMG Cab
Thanks for the pictures. Now I get it. Moab is the perfect setting for the G550 squared. It is sure to be "king of the beasts" in Moab and like surroundings. Living in the congested Northeast it is sometimes difficult to visualize the big truck in wide open spaces. Hope you get a spot on the order list.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:01 AM

6x6 | 4x4
I actually use mine. Here are some pics from Moab. My Range Rover has a one off 6-inch lift. It's a beast. G63 has a two inch lift using orc springs and Radflo shocks. I even cut the side pipes off to increase ground clearance. If I can get my hands on a G550 squared it will be used.
Awesome Photos!

FYI, Littleton has 1 4X4 on order.

Matte Sintered Bronze.

Production for January.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:10 AM

6x6 | 4x4
Yeah, that's what I pretty much thought and was afraid of. I have a slight issue with it only because it was the sales manager that told me I was first and only back in June. The owner of the dealership changed that. Ohh well, I'll wait it out a few more weeks I suppose and see if they are issued another allocation.
North Holmsted has 1 currently allocated.

Electric Beam.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:00 PM

North Holmsted has 1 currently allocated.

Electric Beam.
Thank You, much appreciated.

In your opinion, how do you think the allocations are going to be allotted? I'm guessing by dealership volume first, and then any dealership with an on hand order second?

Only wondering since there are roughy 100 allocations currently assigned and the expectation is 200-250 total vehicles, how those next allocations are going to be assigned. Just weighing my chances of my dealership getting a second allocation or if I should collect my deposit and move on to something else.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.