C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Is there any way to purchase an update from Garmin?

Old 12-02-2016, 11:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
C300
Is there any way to purchase an update from Garmin in USA?

The MB downloader appears to update the software only. Does anyone know if a map update can be purchased?

Thanks

Last edited by cheerful; 12-10-2016 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:15 AM

C300
Garmin Express was unable to add this device

We're unable to add this device because our servers are unavailable at this time
Old 12-03-2016, 10:45 AM

C300
Garmin Express was unable to add this device

We're unable to add this device because our servers are unavailable at this time
Old 12-05-2016, 09:18 AM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 C300
My dealer replaced my SD card a couple of weeks ago under warranty to a newer version of Maps, SW 2015/2016 V5.x and Maps V5.x. They did this after I requested a map update and they weren't able to update the old card. I then updated the new SD card with the MB download manager to SW 2016 V6.x and Maps V6.x. The MB downloader will not update the older SD cards because they are not large enough for the new version.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Benz
Originally Posted by mmaldin
My dealer replaced my SD card a couple of weeks ago under warranty to a newer version of Maps, SW 2015/2016 V5.x and Maps V5.x. They did this after I requested a map update and they weren't able to update the old card. I then updated the new SD card with the MB download manager to SW 2016 V6.x and Maps V6.x. The MB downloader will not update the older SD cards because they are not large enough for the new version.
Are the improvements massive?
Old 12-05-2016, 06:53 PM

Received 72 Likes on 66 Posts
2003 C320 coupe/c450 in Feb 2016
Originally Posted by JBMCL
Are the improvements massive?
nothing new. nothing updated. he just late to the party.
i got this v6 in June 2016.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post6820746
The following users liked this post:
JBMCL (12-06-2016)
Old 12-06-2016, 08:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
C Class 200 sport petrol auto
I also have a portable Garmin that has free updates for life and the Garmin that came with the car. The car still doesn't show roads that were completed two years ago while the portable one does and that is despite downloading the latest maps.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes c200
I just updated it. Both software and maps were updated. Note that the car was just 1 week old. I read somewhere that the updates were free for the first 6 months.

Also, I had to use a VPN to a German server as using the usual connection seems to drop connection after a couple of minutes. Even with a vpn connection to a German server, the downloaded took an hour and the software installation after the download took another hour. It was really a test of patience.

I have a card that is 16gb
Old 12-10-2016, 12:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
C Class 200 sport petrol auto
In the UK it is 3 years although with my car being a year old and the maps over two years old I will wait and see if the 3 years of free updates has any meaning.
Old 12-10-2016, 03:38 PM

C300
Originally Posted by gonegolf
I just updated it. Both software and maps were updated. Note that the car was just 1 week old. I read somewhere that the updates were free for the first 6 months.

Also, I had to use a VPN to a German server as using the usual connection seems to drop connection after a couple of minutes. Even with a vpn connection to a German server, the downloaded took an hour and the software installation after the download took another hour. It was really a test of patience.

I have a card that is 16gb
Are you US or Europe?
Old 12-10-2016, 07:46 PM

Mercedes c200
Originally Posted by cheerful
Are you US or Europe?
Actually I am in Singapore and the car is imported from UK mercedes dealer (made in South Africa) as it is a right hand drive vehicle.

Looks like I might have 3 years free update though I doubt it. The dealer told me that there is no updates once installed, which is not true. When I told the dealer about the update facility, he was shocked - which is odd since he particularly imports Mercedes from the UK. I suppose I will periodically check for map updates. We have a lot of road changes here as it is a small island state but that does not mean that Garmin will update it. I also have a Garmin GPS device which still gets map updates though it is more than 3 years old. There are also free map updates from the Garmin community.

This is more a consumer care issue - a consumer will expect maps update if you paid a bomb for it. Let's us all keep everyone updated to get these updates, which one would expect.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350e
Originally Posted by gonegolf
Actually I am in Singapore and the car is imported from UK mercedes dealer (made in South Africa) as it is a right hand drive vehicle.

Looks like I might have 3 years free update though I doubt it. The dealer told me that there is no updates once installed, which is not true. When I told the dealer about the update facility, he was shocked - which is odd since he particularly imports Mercedes from the UK. I suppose I will periodically check for map updates. We have a lot of road changes here as it is a small island state but that does not mean that Garmin will update it. I also have a Garmin GPS device which still gets map updates though it is more than 3 years old. There are also free map updates from the Garmin community.

This is more a consumer care issue - a consumer will expect maps update if you paid a bomb for it. Let's us all keep everyone updated to get these updates, which one would expect.
We just imported our merc from UK and we're trying to get the Singapore map without paying a bomb ~2.8kSGD
Have you had any luck with updating your map??
Old 08-30-2017, 09:32 AM

Mercedes c200
Nope.

Cheaper to buy a suction mount and use Google maps on your mobile phone which then you also get free traffic updates, which doesn't work with Garmin Map Pilot.

I suppose it is a question of how desperate you must have navigation using the navigation vehicle system. BTW Garmin Map Pilot is lousy to use to begin with. You still need to input house number after using the postal code. The voice reading of road name is also a joke for Singapore.