Sponsored by:

C63S AWE Track Edition Reviews

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 03:33 PM

Received 117 Likes on 102 Posts
C63S
C63S AWE Track Edition Reviews

I'm just about to order an AWE Track Edition exhaust for my C63S but am worried that there will be the annoying drone when driving on the highway.

Can those who have fitted the AWE Track Edition to their cars post a review on the Pros & Cons of this exhaust.

As stated above will this exhaust cause droning inside the car when driving on the highway?
Old 12-07-2016, 03:37 PM

C63S
Old 12-07-2016, 05:18 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2016 C63s
I've had this exhaust installed on my car for 3-4 months and yes it will cause droning while driving on the freeway. Its never really bothered me so I don't care. Other than that, I really like the exhaust. Significantly louder than stock. Sounds great when cold or driving in S+ or Race. The popping and cracking from the exhaust is a lot louder if that's your thing and you like downshifting in front of an outdoor restaurant and scaring the **** out everyone. For the money you cant beat it. I haven't heard any other exhaust systems in person so I have nothing to compare it to and most videos are not reliable in my opinion.

Just as important the quality is good. Its not going to be Akrapovic quality but its not $8000.00 exhaust. I also has the exhaust tips installed which I really like. They are similar to stock but just different enough where people who know the car will know its aftermarket. There was a bit of a fitment issue installing them and getting them to line up correctly but they got it figured out after a while.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:37 PM

C63S
[QUOTE=dforman15;6989087]I've had this exhaust installed on my car for 3-4 months and yes it will cause droning while driving on the freeway. Its never really bothered me so I don't care. Other than that, I really like the exhaust. Significantly louder than stock. Sounds great when cold or driving in S+ or Race. The popping and cracking from the exhaust is a lot louder if that's your thing and you like downshifting in front of an outdoor restaurant and scaring the **** out everyone. For the money you cant beat it. I haven't heard any other exhaust systems in person so I have nothing to compare it to and most videos are not reliable in my opinion.

Just as important the quality is good. Its not going to be Akrapovic quality but its not $8000.00 exhaust. I also has the exhaust tips installed which I really like. They are similar to stock but just different enough where people who know the car will know its aftermarket. There was a bit of a fitment issue installing them and getting them to line up correctly but they got it figured out after a while.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the quick reply.

Where are you from?

The droning concerns me...

Is there anyone in Brisbane with this exhaust that maybe can take me for a drive before I purchase this?
Old 12-07-2016, 07:32 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2016 C63s
[QUOTE=RDO247;6989154]
Originally Posted by dforman15
I've had this exhaust installed on my car for 3-4 months and yes it will cause droning while driving on the freeway. Its never really bothered me so I don't care. Other than that, I really like the exhaust. Significantly louder than stock. Sounds great when cold or driving in S+ or Race. The popping and cracking from the exhaust is a lot louder if that's your thing and you like downshifting in front of an outdoor restaurant and scaring the **** out everyone. For the money you cant beat it. I haven't heard any other exhaust systems in person so I have nothing to compare it to and most videos are not reliable in my opinion.

Just as important the quality is good. Its not going to be Akrapovic quality but its not $8000.00 exhaust. I also has the exhaust tips installed which I really like. They are similar to stock but just different enough where people who know the car will know its aftermarket. There was a bit of a fitment issue installing them and getting them to line up correctly but they got it figured out after a while.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the quick reply.

Where are you from?

The droning concerns me...

Is there anyone in Brisbane with this exhaust that maybe can take me for a drive before I purchase this?

Los Angeles, CA

A little to far for a road test.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:05 PM

C63S
[QUOTE=dforman15;6989193]
Originally Posted by RDO247

Los Angeles, CA

A little to far for a road test.
Just a little, lol
Old 12-07-2016, 09:11 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C63 s Edition 1 Sedan
Nah i think its close enough
Old 12-07-2016, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
RDO, let us know how you go with the exhaust... I've also considered it.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:36 PM

C63S
Originally Posted by Sanch
RDO, let us know how you go with the exhaust... I've also considered it.
Will do Saunch.

I'll try and do a build review like what I did with the Custom Subwoofer build.

Got your message to but don't know how to pm...

Old 12-08-2016, 12:54 AM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
09 C63 AMG
I can't speak to this particular exhaust, but I had AWE on my Audi and they're a top notch company in build quality and customer service.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:05 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Will do Saunch.

I'll try and do a build review like what I did with the Custom Subwoofer build.

Got your message to but don't know how to pm...

Just click on the the persons name with the left mouse button and you'll get an options list pop up - simply select send a PM
Old 12-08-2016, 04:28 AM

C63S
Originally Posted by AV1
Just click on the the persons name with the left mouse button and you'll get an options list pop up - simply select send a PM
Thank you
Old 12-08-2016, 01:51 PM
SPONSOR

Received 241 Likes on 188 Posts
www.wheelsboutique.com
iPE Titanium Series Exhaust:

No Drone
Top Notch Titanium construction like the Akra
Couple thousand less than the Akra

A no-brainer. PM me for more details.

Old 12-08-2016, 02:20 PM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 c63s
I have been looking at the ipe for some time. Front runner in my opinion.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:23 PM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
W205 C63 AMG
I'm just about to order an AWE Track Edition exhaust for my C63S but am worried that there will be the annoying drone when driving on the highway.

Can those who have fitted the AWE Track Edition to their cars post a review on the Pros & Cons of this exhaust.

As stated above will this exhaust cause droning inside the car when driving on the highway?
Why don't you get your local exhaust shop to make up a couple of axle back pipes to replace the rear boxes? They'll just clamp in, no cutting the original exhaust required. Should be a cheaper way of finding out if you like the sound.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:38 PM

C63S
Originally Posted by Andyroo
Why don't you get your local exhaust shop to make up a couple of axle back pipes to replace the rear boxes? They'll just clamp in, no cutting the original exhaust required. Should be a cheaper way of finding out if you like the sound.
There's a post on here where someone has done this, removed rear mufflers and replaced with straight through pipes.

I did think about doing this but apparently his is mod causes a CEL.

I tried to to get more info to see if they managed to rectify the issue but got no reply.

The AWE setup comes with valve simulators.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:34 PM

W205 C63 AMG
There's a post on here where someone has done this, removed rear mufflers and replaced with straight through pipes.

I did think about doing this but apparently his is mod causes a CEL.

I tried to to get more info to see if they managed to rectify the issue but got no reply.

The AWE setup comes with valve simulators.
surely an exhaust fabricator would easily be able to build some little boxes out of the way for the valves to sit in so there was no CEL? Just seems like a lot of money for something that's not hugely different to stock until the rear mufflers!
Old 12-08-2016, 04:53 PM

C63S
Originally Posted by Andyroo
surely an exhaust fabricator would easily be able to build some little boxes out of the way for the valves to sit in so there was no CEL? Just seems like a lot of money for something that's not hugely different to stock until the rear mufflers!
I thought this as well, however, the post said that even when the valves were reconnected and zip tied out of the way the CEL returned.

I figured that I'd rather do it properly on this car rather than run into issues and have to reverse the work and go back to the dealership to reset...

I'm happy to pay the extra now and not waste time and money.

Quality mods are better in the long run especially when we're talking about a $180k car.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:12 PM

W205 C63 AMG
I thought this as well, however, the post said that even when the valves were reconnected and zip tied out of the way the CEL returned.

I figured that I'd rather do it properly on this car rather than run into issues and have to reverse the work and go back to the dealership to reset...

I'm happy to pay the extra now and not waste time and money.

Quality mods are better in the long run especially when we're talking about a $180k car.
fair enough! I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the drone if you do get it.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:14 PM

W205 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by dforman15

Just as important the quality is good. Its not going to be Akrapovic quality but its not $8000.00 exhaust. I also has the exhaust tips installed which I really like. They are similar to stock but just different enough where people who know the car will know its aftermarket. There was a bit of a fitment issue installing them and getting them to line up correctly but they got it figured out after a while.
how intrusive is the drone?
Old 12-08-2016, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
To be honest the performance exhaust is pretty damn good, there is really no need to change.

You would get better sound replacing the down pipes with cat less down pipes. But then you would need to do a tune as well... which would be fine if you didn't have to drop the motor in these cars.

So damn annoying.... easy 600+hp as well.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:54 PM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 c63s
To be honest the performance exhaust is pretty damn good, there is really no need to change.

You would get better sound replacing the down pipes with cat less down pipes. But then you would need to do a tune as well... which would be fine if you didn't have to drop the motor in these cars.

Myself, and I'm sure others, can't get away with running catless due to emissions.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:43 PM

C63S

Got Rebellion already but as you know, no ability to clear what's needed when adding dump pipes.

There are some good flash tunes out there but not easily accessible as we're here in Australia.

Im holding out for an OBD2 when ever it's released.

Performance exhaust is awesome but a little more grawl would be good.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
There are a coupe of few shops in Sydney that do it... I think you might need to research and find them... but they definitely exist in every state.

Some shops will pull it out and send it to get flashed.

Def agree, need that bit extra scream.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:12 PM

C63S
There are a coupe of few shops in Sydney that do it... I think you might need to research and find them... but they definitely exist in every state.

Some shops will pull it out and send it to get flashed.

Def agree, need that bit extra scream.
Send to USA Sanch?

Or is there someone in Australia reflashing?

Rebellion piggyback awakes the beast...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63S AWE Track Edition Reviews