C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Video in motion..p works or.not? void Warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 04:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Future: 2017 C Sport AMG
Video in motion..p works or.not? void Warranty?

Hey guys I'm new here and I have not yet even ordered my w205 C300 AMG package but I've been doing a lot of research and I'm coming from the BMW world for the past 21 years and driving the BMW. I came across this website and wondering if anybody has heard of them use them opinions thoughts will void the warranty?

http://www.bimmerguru.com/mb

It is the video in motion apparently all you have to do is insert the disc let the car read it and after a couple minutes it unlocks where I can now drive and watch videos or music videos exedra..

Any advice help questions concerns would be greatly appreciated since I am very new to the MB world.
Old 12-11-2016, 06:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
The process is simple. The more important element is why?
Old 12-11-2016, 01:47 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2015 C300
I used this software, and it works fine: http://www.dvdinmotion.com/mercedes-benz

By law, it cannot void your warranty unless they can prove that it caused the problem. As to why - that's easy - so your passenger can enjoy a video. BTGW, do you ever look at the Navigation map, or should that be locked also...
Old 12-11-2016, 02:05 PM

OK great, I used to have the double DIN flip out screen on my old car a few of them and I just love that feature of being able to have a video play or whatever while I'm driving not that I sit and watch it but I just like the idea because I do thank you for the help though and greatly appreciate it and I'm excited to join the MB world
Old 12-11-2016, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 265 Likes on 181 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic traded in for a 2022 E450 Coupe
Originally Posted by hpilot
I used this software, and it works fine: http://www.dvdinmotion.com/mercedes-benz

By law, it cannot void your warranty unless they can prove that it caused the problem. As to why - that's easy - so your passenger can enjoy a video. BTGW, do you ever look at the Navigation map, or should that be locked also...
There's a big difference between a nav map and "watching videos" as the OP desires. I'm pretty sure most of the folks who hack the system would be the first in line to "sue the jerk" if their precious got run over by a clown watching videos while driving. IMHO of course.
Old 12-11-2016, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 554 Likes on 471 Posts
2016 C300
Ok, let me put my adjuster hat on for a minute. So I have an insured who ran a red and t boned someone , or went left of center and hit someone head on, or rear ended someone.

All boil down to the traffic offense of careless driving, regardless of why the driver was careless.

From a pre-suit settlement standpoint, with an attorney involved, would I be inclined to pay more to get my insured out if I knew he had defeated a safety feature and that was the source of the distraction? Yeah, I probably would. That sort of thing at trial would likely inflame a jury, and inflamed juries get very spendy.

It depends on how much money I have to work with (bodily injury liability limits) and how bad the injuries are. If I have $100,000 to work with and they're all soft tissue injuries, I'm not worried about my insured getting hit with an excess verdict (an award that exceeds the policy limit and exposes the insured for the difference.)

But on a $10k, 25k and possibly a $50k limit I'd be inclined to tender the limits and buy my insured the release. That's presuming the plaintiff attorney knew about the distraction or got it in discovery.

I guess if it were me I'd want some fat policy limits backing me up. $100/300k or $250/500 would do it in most cases.
Old 12-11-2016, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm not sure how to react to such a cold perspective on life. Ultimately distractions can end or impair life. All distractions should be minimised. A glance at Nav isn't the same as unintentionally engaging with a video sequence before you end your life or someone else's.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:04 PM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by Mikey53
There's a big difference between a nav map and "watching videos" as the OP desires. I'm pretty sure most of the folks who hack the system would be the first in line to "sue the jerk" if their precious got run over by a clown watching videos while driving. IMHO of course.
The OP never said that he wants to watch a video while driving. He actually said just the opposite. When I comment on this this subject I don't speak for anyone except myself. I guess I must be different from most people, because I actually have self-control. I don't drive while intoxicated, I don't text or touch my smartphone, and I don't look at videos. As a side note, the hard to learn skill of almost instantaneously (much less than a second) scanning up to six instruments inside a your vehicle, and then returning to the outside view has been a huge part of my professional life for 36 years. Flying heavy transport category aircraft, that is a skill you have to perfect to a very high degree - hundreds of lives are at stake. If you have never done this in a large aircraft, you cannot appreciate how hard this is to learn. It is called your "instrument scan". In other words, I know something about divided attention between inside and outside of a vehicle - I do it professionally. That said, I would NEVER watch a video while driving. My passenger, however, should be able to enjoy one. And when I am driving alone, I LISTEN to music videos.

If you want to save lives, find some way of preventing people from texting or talking on the phone while driving. I have never done that, but I will bet that people expressing outrage at unlocking the video screen have done that. In fact, I don't know anyone except myself that has not done that. Ban phones??

Last edited by hpilot; 12-11-2016 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 265 Likes on 181 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic traded in for a 2022 E450 Coupe
"It is the video in motion apparently all you have to do is insert the disc let the car read it and after a couple minutes it unlocks where I can now drive and watch videos or music videos exedra.."

Go back and read what the OP said again.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:32 PM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by Mikey53
"It is the video in motion apparently all you have to do is insert the disc let the car read it and after a couple minutes it unlocks where I can now drive and watch videos or music videos exedra.."

Go back and read what the OP said again.
"not that I sit and watch it but I just like the idea..."
Old 12-13-2016, 12:42 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
w212 E350 Bluetec & Mk7 GTI Sport
Originally Posted by Mike5215
Ok, let me put my adjuster hat on for a minute. So I have an insured who ran a red and t boned someone , or went left of center and hit someone head on, or rear ended someone.

All boil down to the traffic offense of careless driving, regardless of why the driver was careless.

From a pre-suit settlement standpoint, with an attorney involved, would I be inclined to pay more to get my insured out if I knew he had defeated a safety feature and that was the source of the distraction? Yeah, I probably would. That sort of thing at trial would likely inflame a jury, and inflamed juries get very spendy.

It depends on how much money I have to work with (bodily injury liability limits) and how bad the injuries are. If I have $100,000 to work with and they're all soft tissue injuries, I'm not worried about my insured getting hit with an excess verdict (an award that exceeds the policy limit and exposes the insured for the difference.)

But on a $10k, 25k and possibly a $50k limit I'd be inclined to tender the limits and buy my insured the release. That's presuming the plaintiff attorney knew about the distraction or got it in discovery.

I guess if it were me I'd want some fat policy limits backing me up. $100/300k or $250/500 would do it in most cases.

lol im an IT guy at a work comp defense firm =D so all this sounds verrry familiar.

I most definitely have 100/300 for almost every category.

You could get a ticket/accident for sure using video in motion. Warranty claims related TO the entertainment system could be voided. Not for anything else though. Last thing you want is to come out of pocket for that. Longshot but since youre asking...

I wanted video in motion and the Eco off by default thing too. F
Old 12-13-2016, 12:45 AM

I appreciate the help but I was just thought it was a simple question it is my choice. For instance if I was at a car show and showing my car and I want a video playing , music video or even navigation while I'm driving or certain things of navigation that won't work while the car is in Drive.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:09 PM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
R231
Originally Posted by ~€€ BENZ~
Hey guys I'm new here and I have not yet even ordered my w205 C300 AMG package but I've been doing a lot of research and I'm coming from the BMW world for the past 21 years and driving the BMW. I came across this website and wondering if anybody has heard of them use them opinions thoughts will void the warranty?

http://www.bimmerguru.com/mb

It is the video in motion apparently all you have to do is insert the disc let the car read it and after a couple minutes it unlocks where I can now drive and watch videos or music videos exedra..

Any advice help questions concerns would be greatly appreciated since I am very new to the MB world.
To answer your question, yes it's a simple software unlock which can be restored back to factory settings at anytime. Here's a video showing how it's done
Old 12-19-2016, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ~€€ BENZ~
I appreciate the help but I was just thought it was a simple question it is my choice. For instance if I was at a car show and showing my car and I want a video playing , music video or even navigation while I'm driving or certain things of navigation that won't work while the car is in Drive.
surely at a car show playing video the car would be still?