C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

AMG Performance Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c400
AMG Performance Exhaust System

People who own the Bmw 335 and 435i, even though their car dont have the M performance power kit(buying the used cars). They can still go to the BMW dealership and get it done without any warranty issue. I am wondering the same to Mercedes C class, if we bought the C43 without AMG performance exhaust system, can we still go the dealership and buy it? I currently has the C400(same engine), and it does not sound like it has to! I want to get the exhaust system without voiding my warranty, would there be a AMG performance exhaust system available for the C400? Thanks.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 715 Likes on 696 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W205 forum...
Old 01-09-2017, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
Best to call them and ask. I'm sure it's going to be $5000+

An aftermarket exhaust won't hurt your warranty. If you are on the lease you just have to keep the stock exhaust and put it back on when you turn the vehicle in.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:45 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2018 C63s AMG
I own my C300 and installed AWE exhaust took it for warranty repair to two different dealers none of them pointed out issue with aftermarket exhaust.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:18 PM

c400
Originally Posted by jatt143
I own my C300 and installed AWE exhaust took it for warranty repair to two different dealers none of them pointed out issue with aftermarket exhaust.
don't u have to put the factory exhaust back on every time u go to the dealership? I'm no expert on this, so I would have to charge someone just Uninstall and install the exhaust. That would the pain in the ***
Old 01-15-2017, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c-fo-fiddy
Originally Posted by Loren Chen
don't u have to put the factory exhaust back on every time u go to the dealership? I'm no expert on this, so I would have to charge someone just Uninstall and install the exhaust. That would the pain in the ***
Exhausts don't put a strain on the motor or any of the car's components so dealerships don't really care about them. You just have to put the stock exhaust back on when you turn the car back in to them after your lease is up.

The only thing dealerships might care about is if you tune the car for more power. And many only care about that if it ends up damaging the car and said dealership has to pay out of pocket for any repairs caused by this.

At the end of the day, it's all about reversible mods. If what you do does not alter the car permanently, then you will be fine. Dealerships care about the cars on their lots, not the ones off of it
Old 01-15-2017, 11:06 PM

c400
Originally Posted by sean1.8t
Exhausts don't put a strain on the motor or any of the car's components so dealerships don't really care about them. You just have to put the stock exhaust back on when you turn the car back in to them after your lease is up.

The only thing dealerships might care about is if you tune the car for more power. And many only care about that if it ends up damaging the car and said dealership has to pay out of pocket for any repairs caused by this.

At the end of the day, it's all about reversible mods. If what you do does not alter the car permanently, then you will be fine. Dealerships care about the cars on their lots, not the ones off of it
thank you so much, I bought this car so does that mean I do not have to put the factory exhaust back on at all when I go to dealership for maintainess check or warranty repair? Also is the any aftermarket exhaust u recommend? I want my c400 to crackles that the c450 and c43 does! That would be awesome!
Old 01-16-2017, 04:39 PM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
w205 c400 c63s
I live in California when my c400 lease was up I just returned the car and i don't have to change the after market lowering springs ,diffuser exhaust back to stock. Maybe depends on the dealership
Old 01-16-2017, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c-fo-fiddy
Originally Posted by darwin329
I live in California when my c400 lease was up I just returned the car and i don't have to change the after market lowering springs ,diffuser exhaust back to stock. Maybe depends on the dealership
It absolutely does.

I just learned that my dealership has an independent 3rd party company come in and inspect the vehicles it takes in on lease returns. They go over the cars with a fine toothed comb.

I even have to remove my tint or they will [over]charge me to do it themselves. I guess they had some people complain about tint when buying a car. Which I can understand for some non car person buying a c300. But anyone that buys a c450 or anything AMG related is probably going to appreciate tint.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by sean1.8t
It absolutely does.

I just learned that my dealership has an independent 3rd party company come in and inspect the vehicles it takes in on lease returns. They go over the cars with a fine toothed comb.

I even have to remove my tint or they will [over]charge me to do it themselves. I guess they had some people complain about tint when buying a car. Which I can understand for some non car person buying a c300. But anyone that buys a c450 or anything AMG related is probably going to appreciate tint.

I have leased many vehicles from mercedes in many different states and dealers. Never once has a sealer charged me or threatened to charge me to remove tint.

I would tell them to eat a dick. And anyway mercedes gives everyone turn in credit that can be applied to multiple things such as missing key or damage above and beyond what the lease allows (typically larger than the size of a credit card).

I further call bull**** because every lease turn in is not guaranteed to end up on that dealers lot. It goes to market and dealers will choose to buy your vehicle. So not a guarantee your dealer will even own it. So how could they force you to remove tint of all things? If that ever happened to me I would never do business with that dealer again.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:01 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by Loren Chen
Warranty is only an issue if the problem is caused by the after market parts. There's a big misconception out there. If you, for example, tune your car to a million horsepower, and then u take your car in for warranty work on say, the air con, or radio, they can only refuse if they can prove that the tune is the reason for the problem