GLS Class (X166) Produced from 2016 to 2019

EASY-Entry seats fixed?

Old 02-22-2017, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Na
EASY-Entry seats fixed?

We are considering buying a 2016 GL450 as our minivan replacing family hauler. tried out the manual seats with the little kids and it wasn't really easy for them to get in and out of the back seat. I've read about the hacks to the GL Easy seat that fixes the child comfort issue but was wondering if MB fixed this in the 2017 GLS???
Old 02-23-2017, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,098 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Test fit in a GLS to see if it works for you - the headrest has improved flex - and can be dealer removable if required.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:34 AM

GL450
To be honest, that's only thing i don't like on my new GLS 17 ( 2nd row seat headrest) is configured on GLS. It definitely can be better. I'm not using the car seat, but i have 8 and 9 both want to sit in the middle to avoid those headrest. Very uncomfortable for young kids.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:07 PM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
GLC300 (GL350-gone)
I have the 2014 easy exit. I also did the pin modification so the head rest was not pushing forward on kids heads. That really made a big difference. I can tell you, though, that while it helps them get the seat folded out of the way the feature it does nothing to put the seat back in place. In Other words, it might take a child more effort than available to put the seat back in place after someone easy exits into or from the third row. For me it's my teenager who wants to sit perched in the way back so she operates the seat without problem, she's 100 pounds has plenty of leverage. Her younger sister weighs half as much and still uses a fixed in place booster seat with the seatbelt on the opposite side of the car, I don't think she would be able to manage the seat so easily. (The bigger kid actually likes the third row limo effect and actually leaves the seat folded up despite the dash warnings that I just dismiss. This truck has some of the best third row seats in the business, don't overlook that. )
Old 03-05-2017, 11:28 AM

Na
Thanks all. Finally got the kids to a dealer to see if they could manage the seats themselves. They had a very difficult time putting the 60 side down alone and the head rests are really problematic-- have to push them all the way up for comfort. I even needed to recline the seat a bit to make it comfortable for me. Really wish they had a captains chair option. Gonna try the XC90 next--Q7 was unworkable too and really cramped.