SL-Class (R129) 1990-2002: SL 280, SL 300, SL 320, SL 500, SL 600, SL 60 AMG

SL/R129: Roadster Meet Up - UPDATE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 SL 550 Silver Arrow Launch Edition
Roadster Meet Up - UPDATE!

Yes, I will be posting this message on the R230 Benzworld Forum as well as the MBworld R129 & R230 Forums:

It seems like a better idea to change the venue to The Gables, located a few miles from Longwood Gardens and in the middle of historic Chadds Ford. Feel free to look att he web site and view the menu, pictures, etc.

http://thegablesatchaddsford.com

They have a large parking lot as they do a lot of weddings and other events. I spoke with the management there and we are welcome to park and hang out for as long as we want to, then come in for a nice lunch and chat. They have an outdoor terrace which is covered in case of a downpour, and a private area can be set up just for us enthusiasts.

If anyone wants to go to Longwood Gardens afterwards, it is about 2 miles South on Rte 1 (Baltimore Pike). The Brandywine River Museum, as Gary Knox mentioned, along with a number of fine art galleries and shops are abundant and close to the Gables.

Please check the website for directions. The Gables is located on the South side of Rte. 1.

We will be meeting at 10 AM until ?

Bring your spouses and friends, and please post how many people will be coming so we can have tables set up for us for lunch.

Thanks, and I am looking forward to seeing everybody on Saturday 9/13/2014 at 10 AM!
Old 08-18-2014, 04:08 AM

Time Change

Originally Posted by josephanthony
Yes, I will be posting this message on the R230 Benzworld Forum as well as the MBworld R129 & R230 Forums:

It seems like a better idea to change the venue to The Gables, located a few miles from Longwood Gardens and in the middle of historic Chadds Ford. Feel free to look att he web site and view the menu, pictures, etc.

http://thegablesatchaddsford.com

They have a large parking lot as they do a lot of weddings and other events. I spoke with the management there and we are welcome to park and hang out for as long as we want to, then come in for a nice lunch and chat. They have an outdoor terrace which is covered in case of a downpour, and a private area can be set up just for us enthusiasts.

If anyone wants to go to Longwood Gardens afterwards, it is about 2 miles South on Rte 1 (Baltimore Pike). The Brandywine River Museum, as Gary Knox mentioned, along with a number of fine art galleries and shops are abundant and close to the Gables.

Please check the website for directions. The Gables is located on the South side of Rte. 1.

We will be meeting at 10 AM until ?

Bring your spouses and friends, and please post how many people will be coming so we can have tables set up for us for lunch.

Thanks, and I am looking forward to seeing everybody on Saturday 9/13/2014 at 10 AM!

We are changing the time from 10 AM to 11 AM, Thinking that it may work out better with lunch.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by josephanthony
We are changing the time from 10 AM to 11 AM, Thinking that it may work out better with lunch.
So, is anybody thinking of attending? It is a free event, to chat and have a nice lunch after seeing each other's cars. Going to be a fun day!
Old 08-31-2014, 10:08 AM

Meet Up Ride

For those who are up for a ride through the area, I mapped & drove a beautiful route this morning. It is 19.6 miles and took 29 minutes. I would be happy to lead the pack for this spirited ride through historic Chadds Ford, and Centerville DE.

If interested, we can discuss when we meet on the 13th. Be sure your tires, brakes and suspension are in good shape as there are numerous curves, dips, hills and other "surprises" along the way. There may also be runners and cyclists on the roads as this is such a scenic area. Few stop signs, one or two traffic lights, all back roads.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:47 PM

It's gonna be fun guys. Come on and join us!