SL-Class (R129) 1990-2002: SL 280, SL 300, SL 320, SL 500, SL 600, SL 60 AMG

SL/R129: R129 Roof Switch Not Functioning

Old 10-04-2015, 07:58 AM
RDi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R129
R129 Roof Switch Not Functioning

I have recently had my AC evaporator unit replaced and noted yesterday that the roof switch does not illuminate nor is there any function when I press it. They take out the dashboard for this process and it is very invasive to the console area.
The hard top is currently on the car and I took the preliminary advice from Klaus (thanks Klaus) to check the fuses in the trunk - all ok - and disconnect the (-) terminal lead from the battery overnight - then reset the windows in the morning. Still not working and no flashing or even steady light from the roof switch.
The roll bar goes up and down as it should when operated by the switch on the console.
Can anyone assist with this issue as I am hesitant to take it back to the service centre if its something staright forward?
Thanks...
Old 10-06-2015, 01:26 PM
RDi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R129
Update from today

I unlocked the hard top manually to see if that would prompt some action from the roof switch but still no light or function.
Interestingly, when I activated the roll bar (which has been working throughout) the hard top locked down automatically.
Would appreciate some feedback on how this issue could be resolved if anyone has a solution.
Thank-you...