SL/R129: Adjustment & test sequences - soft top 92, 300sl 12v

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w129, c43, 63 black
Adjustment & test sequences - soft top 92, 300sl 12v

Hi,

Been a longtime since Ive logged in or looked at my car as been working abroad. Posted earlier today, I wonder whether I'm asking the right question in a ham fisted kind of way !!!

Prob easier for me if I can ask if anyone knows how I can check roof component function and or adjust (if ness) the micro-switches, solenoids, catches, etc.............. as the blink test threw up codes 3, 8, 9 .... all been cleared now.

Changed battery for new (used to be connected to battery maintenance/trickle charger when away);

Roll bar used to be down, now up and locked (i didn't do anything), the switch lights up for only 7-10 secs at ignition switch on but doesn't do anything.

Buzzer/alarm sounded a couple days ago together with roof switch being lit (can't remember if flashing or not) when I had to move the car.

Roof button lights up in both directions, no functions start, no clicking that Ive heard.

Windows fully functional.

1) Is there a fault diagnosis sequence a of process of illumination similar to that i would guess to be in a dealership workshop manual, giving say actions and electrical values by function, etc ?

2) Is there a cycle I should be enabling manually and or electrically ?

3) Can I reset the system some how ?

4) Are different ways to activate the system(s) relating to roof function ? say windows re-sync (also how do I know if Ive done it correctly?), doors open / closed, central locking by key or IR ? foot brake on/off, in P or N, etc ....for example.

5) Is there a specific test sequence for the control unit ?

Many thanks for your time, look forward to hearing from you.

J

Last edited by jr982802; 12-13-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:39 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
94 SL 600, 98 993, 89 XJS Conv., 85 Daimlier Princess 16 Hybrid Lincoln 16 Chevy crewcab
What year vehicle? What was the country/region of world that your vehicle production was set for?
In an overall view. Top movement the car uses power ( I can have the engine running ) The doors are open. the parking park is set, the transmission is in "park"
The windows can be lowered into the door cavity. the roll bar down in its retracted position.
If the light on the roof button is "on" then something is not complete. If a warning sound is also going then something in the roof system is "unsafe" like not being latched!