SL-Class (R129) 1990-2002: SL 280, SL 300, SL 320, SL 500, SL 600, SL 60 AMG

SL/R129: last time I buy from parts.com

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 SL500
Thumbs down last time I buy from parts.com

I ordered the correct part number for a Mercedes. I know, because I went through my notes and the EPC for Mercedes. Instead parts.com sends me another one. They claim it is the right one by VIN number. I go on their website and I see I got charged for the part I initially ordered.

After contacting customer service they tried to make it sound my fault. No return shipping by them and parts are brake rotors. I am not about to spend $20+ to fix their error and wait another week for inspection and then for the right parts to be sent over.

I would agree this whole thing is my fault as I didn't just go to my dealer and buy with the 10% Mercedes-Benz club discount. I have been buying from parts.com now and then and usually there is always a small issue. This time they crossed the line. No more business for them from me.

Wanted to get the SA drilled rotors:

Received regular rotors:

Really, I'm pissed off I didn't buy with my Amex Platinum where I get return protection, even on shipping... lessons learned. Next time dealer with 10% discount directly and still will be cheaper due to no shipping. Just read the reviews...
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Parts