SL-Class (R129) 1990-2002: SL 280, SL 300, SL 320, SL 500, SL 600, SL 60 AMG

SL/R129: Keyless entry failure after changing a lightbulb???

Old 12-22-2016, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 SL500 SL2
Unhappy Keyless entry failure after changing a lightbulb???

Interesting and frustrated problem(yes I searched before posting) R129 keyless entry not working

So last night I decided to change out the bulbs in my front corner/marker lights because one was a slightly different shade of amber and looked bad. I had the bulbs in the trunk. I unlocked the car and then popped the trunk with the remote as normal, but while I was in the trunk, the doors auto locked as I hadn't opened one in 60 seconds. That then caused the alarm to go off as I turned the trunk light on after the doors auto locked. Pressing the unlock button on the remote turned the alarm off and unlocked the car again as normal.

So, moving on. It took me about 3 minutes to change both bulbs out and close the hood. Tested the lights and signals, everything was fine. I go to lock the car and go back inside and now the car no longer responds to the remote. The remote works, I tested it with an RF receiver and IR receiver. The batteries are fresh in it as well.

This all took place in less than 10 minutes. What would changing a pair of 2357NA signal bulbs have to do with killing the keyless entry system? Everything else still works 100%. I drove it this morning.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:56 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
NAFT---off to an indy with the diagnostics and knowledge to sole your keyless go issue.