Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz SLR & SL Roadsters > SL-Class (R230)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
IB Staff

Next Gen SL Spy Shots!

http://mbworld.org/features/sl/2013_..._mbnov11-1.php

What do you think?
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

MBWorld Editor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #2

Drives: SL500
My philosophy is if you're going to redesign something, it technically should be superior to the previous models. I don't see it. This whole squaring up the car on the exterior and interior, blunting panels, etc - just looks like a cluncky car with no identity. This whole breed will be gone and thankfully in about 5 years. I still think the best looking SL's have been the original series with the rounded curves throughout. It's a consistent look. The 2008-2011's I was hoping would evolve into B12 (?) bombers - sharp angles. If you're going to update a car - upgrade everything like the command center for one and really, they need to take a look at Ford and Honda regarding technology. They're falling behind with electronic features. I was pissed when my neice and her Honda Civic could remotely start and I have a car 80,000 dollars more than hers that I can't do it. The new Mercedes line is not attractive and even the updates are a yawner.
supo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:26 PM   #3

Drives: CLS63, GLK350
I saw this same vehicle at my local MB dealer he just got 4 of them but they were SLK350's Guess the difference will be a little bit of size which isn't really a good thing. Might as well buy the 2012 SLK350
Old 11-08-2011, 03:37 PM   #4

Drives: SL550
Smile

I guess I'm a little disappointed with the new SL, if these pictures are to be believed. Lost most of it's styling and personality. While the SLS concept is OK, I agree with SUPO in many respects.

It does look like the the 2012 SLK350. Real test will be if the cup holders are in the same place<grin>.
Cessna182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:37 PM

Tags
2013, 550, latest, photo, photos, pictures, shots, sl, sl550, spy