SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Pulse Seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 SL 550
Pulse Seat

Hello everyone, I know there are some posts on here about the Pulse feature. I am at a loss here, Took this picture of this un connected tube, hanging near the control module of the pulse control, I took out the module but can not find anywhere where this tube connects, nor are there any tubes under the seat just hanging and not connected. Can any one tell me what this is suppose to connect to? Or was a tube taken out and not replaced at some point.
Attached Thumbnails Pulse Seat-img_0096.jpg   Pulse Seat-img_0097.jpg  
Old 12-02-2013, 01:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'06 E500, '99 ML430 and '07 SL65
I have the same tube on my car and the pulse is working. If you take the seat back off you will find the other end of the tube disconnected as well. I am not sure what the tube is for but with everything working on both my seats, I don't believe that this tube is in use.

Also, once you remove the seat back, you will see the vacuum block and there are no free slots to attach the tube.

I am not sure why M-B has not removed the tube from the harness.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 SL 500 2002 Vovo S80 T6
Originally Posted by sgaar
I have the same tube on my car and the pulse is working. If you take the seat back off you will find the other end of the tube disconnected as well. I am not sure what the tube is for but with everything working on both my seats, I don't believe that this tube is in use.

Also, once you remove the seat back, you will see the vacuum block and there are no free slots to attach the tube.

I am not sure why M-B has not removed the tube from the harness.
Hello Sgar. How did you remove the seat back on the SL500. I purchased my 2004 SL500 and neither side is working but I can hear a relay click when the button is pushed. I have already fixed the trunk closer leak. Your information is much appreciated.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG
I have the same tube that is not being used. I think it might possibly be for the optional seat cooling.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'06 E500, '99 ML430 and '07 SL65
Originally Posted by Rafdaddy
Hello Sgar. How did you remove the seat back on the SL500. I purchased my 2004 SL500 and neither side is working but I can hear a relay click when the button is pushed. I have already fixed the trunk closer leak. Your information is much appreciated.
Sorry, didn't see this until now. To remove the seat back you will have to pry the cloth free at the bottom and there are a couple of screws behind that.

The cloth sits in a groove that you can just use your fingers to get out. It goes in the same way. once you have the screws out, the bottom of the seat back comes out and it slides down to release the top. Assemble in reverse...
Old 05-05-2014, 08:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 SL 500 2002 Vovo S80 T6
Originally Posted by sgaar
Sorry, didn't see this until now. To remove the seat back you will have to pry the cloth free at the bottom and there are a couple of screws behind that.

The cloth sits in a groove that you can just use your fingers to get out. It goes in the same way. once you have the screws out, the bottom of the seat back comes out and it slides down to release the top. Assemble in reverse...
Thanks Sgaar
I will get to it next week when I return home. Just ran into a new problem, the top won't go down. The passenger side won't unlock. I expect that is hydrolic and pneumatic. If it's not one thing it's another. Fixed the trunk leak, replaced the ashtray, tried to get the top go down with the key (worked twice so it is there but dealer claimed it wasn't available in 2004).

Thanks again.

David