SL/R230: Help me R230 Trunk lid drive cylinder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R230
Help me R230 Trunk lid drive cylinder

someone can tell me some problem.

My R230 Trunk lid drive cylinder spill oli, i take out it (see picture)

I don't know the Trunk lid drive cylinder piston Rod top have thread , i know SLK R170 cylinder piston Rod have thread , so hope someone tell me ^^

i want to separate piston Rod and bracket(see picture) , How to separate it .

Very Very Urgent T_T plz~~~help~
Old 10-14-2014, 11:12 AM
SPONSOR

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
03 SL Kleemann, 97 SL320 pano top, 95 Lorinser E320 Cabrio, Ferrari 360, Tesla X
Originally Posted by Syun
someone can tell me some problem.

My R230 Trunk lid drive cylinder spill oli, i take out it [...]

i want to separate piston Rod and bracket(see picture) , How to separate it .
Syun,

you have saved a lot of money by finding the problem and taking the cylinder out yourself - congratulations! You cannot fix this cylinder with an o-ring, and there is a lot of machining involved to open up this cylinder. Once the cylinder is open (if you haven't damaged it during your DIY attempts), you will be hard pressed to find a proper seal. I am not aware that you can buy a matching seal anywhere, we make our own out of far superior material at Top Hydraulics, and we don't sell our seals. Even if you had a proper seal and you didn't damage it upon installation, you would still have to find a way to crimp the cylinder back together without damaging it, and to re-attach the rod end such that it is strong enough for the ~1000 pounds force on the cylinder shaft under pressure.

Send us your cylinder for rebuild instead. We will truly make it better than a brand new one, for a fraction of the dealer price*. If you can't wait, then you can use our core exchange option where we ship a cylinder from our inventory first. I don't know where you are located - we have all R230 pumps and cylinders in stock, and we ship worldwide.

See http://www.tophydraulicsinc.com/en/r...left-side.html for rebuild service of your trunk lid drive cylinder A 230 800 13 72.

See http://www.tophydraulicsinc.com/en/21-r230-sl for our rebuild & upgrade service of the R230 Vario roof hydraulic system in general, with details about every component.

*We UPGRADE the decaying seals in your hydraulic cylinders by replacing them with new ones made of superior material that should last about three times as long as the originals.

Klaus

www.tophydraulicsinc.com

Decay progress of rod seals in R230 Vario roof hydraulic cylinders

Note: the shape of the OEM seal in p/n A 2308001372 is different, on account of constraints in width.

Location diagram of R230 SL-Class Vario roof hydraulic cylinders and pump