SL/R230: 2009 SL350 R230 Tilt ok/ Telescope inop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 R230
2009 SL350 R230 Tilt ok/ Telescope inop

Hello from Norway,

I must apologize my bad English Language.

Up and Down vertical function works properly. Telescopic function in and out / horizontal moves not. I can hear the motor go both ways for about 2-3 seconds but telescopic function on steering wheel colum are locked in inner / lower position. Know that tilt up/ down function has nylon "dog bone" as weak point. Have telescope feature the same or is it a gear running this system?
There are many hours of work to replace the "dog bone" on the tilt function. Do anyone have a recipe to repair the telescope function as I have described it?

(resetting is probably not an alternative due to the fact that I can hear the motor running the whole stroke length both ways)

I have had the car for 2 weeks and I need to have everything up and going, I get stressed if I drive a car with issues. So far I have modified the draining box for blower air intake, cleaned/ lubricated/ repaired the blower motor, change to carbon heat element i pillow driver side, changed to correct gel battery in the trunk and did find replacement ball joints to the front shocks that have ABC system. 10% cost kontra new OEM shock absorbers and the replacement took 30 min on each side.