SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: MB Service Report

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL600
MB Service Report

I traded up to an 2005 SL600 and called the dealership to see about a service history. Apparently there are dealer service history reports and MB service history reports. The service writer was very helpful and was happy to review the MB service history with me but not so keen on releasing a printed report of the MB service history report. My concern was the ABC service history, he went thru and pointed out some items that had been addressed and overall it has a great dealer service record. BUT it must be top secret as far as they are concerned. I offered to pay for a report but still no go on the MB version.

So gentleman, (and ladies) is there a way to get a history report from a fellow member here or any other avenue. Coming from a CLK to an SL I knew I'd be in for higher service costs but I don't want to replace what isn't needed. the ABC system I think I'll go ahead and have flushed out by using the DIY method found on this forum for piece of mind. I could go nuts on AutohauzAZ or other MB parts sites and just get a bunch of items replaced but already I was told belts and hoses had been replaced only 2000 miles prior to me owning it.

Any input from members would be great,

Good day,

LGSONE

PS... I love this car.. holy hell, the power... intoxicating. First thing I did was the muffler delete, sounds wicked, just plain wicked.. heck even the wife loves the sound..

Thinking about some ECU/TCU tuning but that is another post and search item

Thanks all.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:30 AM

Received 222 Likes on 165 Posts
'08 S550 P3; Golf Carts; MT Bike; Scooters
Ask the parts guy...

My local dealer parts man printed a copy and slipped it to me when no one was looking.
He let em know they don't like to release these, but would for my case since I wanted/needed to know the history on the car. And I was buying parts.
Maybe ask to take photos of the report? That way no paper trail.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:18 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Might want to take a scroll through our tech forums as some people might have answers or be able to help answer your question. Good luck!

-Luccia