SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Help. Failed Brake flush

Old 10-02-2015, 11:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
s
Failed Brake flush

Hey guys I need some help with a brake flush on an 05 R230. I was bleeding my brakes using a mitey vac. I wasn't paying attention and didn't fill the reservoir in time and got air in the system. Immediately after, with the engine off and stepping on the brake, I got a RED "Reduce Braking effect start engine".

I ended up getting a Motive pump power bleeder and re-bled the brakes with about 2 liters of fluid. But I'm still getting the brake error. I'm assuming air got into the abs or something. Any other place I can try to bleed air out of the system.

The brake pump still kicks in when you open and close the door and the brakes were fine before my goofed up bleed. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by ethanjean; 10-09-2015 at 12:59 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-04-2015, 10:44 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2003 SL500, 2016 ATS, 2016 CTS 2015 Volt
Originally Posted by ethanjean
Hey guys I need some help with a brake flush on an 05 R230. I was bleeding my brakes using a mitey vac. I wasn't paying attention and didn't fill the reservoir in time and got air in the system. Immediately after, with the engine off and stepping on the brake, I got a RED "Reduce Braking effect start engine".

I ended up getting a Motive pump power bleeder and re-bled the brakes with about 2 liters of fluid. But I'm still getting the brake error. I'm assuming air got into the abs or something. Any other place I can try to bleed air out of the system.

The brake pump still kicks in when you open and close the door and the brakes were fine before my goofed up bleed. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
I think you may need a Star system to power bleed the system.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
s
Link to other thread

Link to other thread with more information

https://mbworld.org/forums/sl55-amg-...ml#post6579457