SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: drivers window close problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 03:51 PM

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
2003 sl 500
drivers window close problem

Need some help fellows. I repaired my infra sensor for the top up/down per the forum and it works fine but the short drop feature is not right. window will not totally close but both power windows work. Closing the door or opening the door no response for the short drop. I am wondering if the lock is not positioned right in the door, something inside I missed lining up but do not know what. power locks work ok. No 3 light blinks when using fob which makes sense with window slightly down.. Car says "door not closed drivers side" Manual key does turn lock and button moves. I notice that the inside car door lock button will not operate the drivers door button and the button cannot be pressed down by hand. I cannot see anything really wrong with my job but apparently the car thinks the door is not closed. 2003 sl500

moretech

Last edited by moretech; 11-14-2015 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:54 PM

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
2003 sl 500
Well talk about dumb and dumber--- in my haste I forgot to put my door jamb trim panel back on the car which apparently causes for a ground or trips the door open switch! All problems solved! In our forum on the infra red sensor repair, the car used did not have such a trim panel on it and I just plain forgot mine was on the bench. By the way the solder job is definitely a very small bit of solder in a tight place, be careful. You need powerful magnification for this job and a sharp tip on the iron but it can and does work great!

Update!

Finally got to the passenger door sensor and fixed it the same way. Works like new.

Last edited by moretech; 11-23-2015 at 12:53 PM. Reason: update