SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Where do you guys let your car go loose ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where do you guys let your car go loose ?

OK, Monty has called for this new thread. Basically, in Australia, road are no place to have fun, most of the time anyway.

I dont have my own car yet, and I certainly cant afford to track any car. So the most enjoyment I get is driving my mums corolla. I frequently travel on roads where I feel safe to go over the limit, and take the twisties pretty fast. On the road, you dont have to have a tremendously capable car to have fun. In the corolla, you can push the car without going dangerously fast, and for my lack of driving experience, is safe. With time you learn where multanovas are placed, usually highly populated, ridiculous speed limit, hard to see the camera etc. So over 100kmh on a two lane highway at 3 am with highbeams is not on. If I get one speeding fine I lose my liscense as I do not have a full liscense yet. So the speedo starers, talking on their mobile, not paying attention, not slowing down when its wet move on to get their liscense, and learn to think that they are 'safe'. In my short driving experience, I have come across so many dumb and dangerous drivers. In fact I think its because people immigrate here and get their liscense transferred, and obviously the standards arent quite the same where ever they come from. The only fun you can find these days is taking a few corners fast and having a quick blast down some sort of backroad. Even though its not that fast, as I am not used to anything faster, and have not been driving for long, ripping up a 100kw corolla gives some enjoyment.

Anyway, back to monty's question, where do you let your car loose?