SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: The Hood is closed!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Hood is closed!!!

Anybody else had this. New Sl600 and I started to get the ""close the hood" "hood open" warning on the center display. Hood was not unlocked or open! MB replaced both hood sensors and now the "hood warning" comes on and off more frequently and at all speeds. MB said they may have to pull the center display out. ( I call it the multi function display) Anyone else have this happen?? Thanks
Old 12-01-2004, 06:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
SL55 AMG
Yes, I've had it, seems only to come on above a certain speed. In my case, closing the hood lid by dropping it from a foot or so sorts out the problem. Pulling out the display smacks of desparation, lubricating the latches would be my next route.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:00 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blueSL
Yes, I've had it, seems only to come on above a certain speed. In my case, closing the hood lid by dropping it from a foot or so sorts out the problem. Pulling out the display smacks of desparation, lubricating the latches would be my next route.
Thanks for the reply. MB first lubed the latches, then replaced the sensors (2) and now I am getting this additional error. that of the Distronic message showing up along with being unable to shut off the Distronic when engaging cruise control.
Related problems or 2 different problems? MB will have to sort it out. Thanks.