SL-Class (R231) 2013 on: Discussion on the SL550

SL/R231: Dynamic seat settings 2015 SL550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 SL550
Dynamic seat settings 2015 SL550

I have the dynamic seat setting at #2 so the bolsters tighten in a turn etc.
I also you the #2 memory seat setting for an exit position for myself.
SO when i park i push 2 for the seat to go farther back therefore allowing an easier exit and entry upon returning.
Memory setting 1 u use for my normal driving position.
Should the memory setting for the seat NOT also remember your dynamic seat setting.
Further to that every few days all of a sudden my dynamic seat setting is back at Zero. Of course i notice that when i make a turn and it is not gripping.
I complained to the dealer and of course they could not find anything not working.
this is not every day and always it just happened again now after 3 days of working fine. Anyone else have this issue.
I dont have a ton of faith in the dealer as I asked him how to turn off the HD Radio and he said you could not do that and I found that setting in radio by myself.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by Lroten
I have the dynamic seat setting at #2 so the bolsters tighten in a turn etc.
I also you the #2 memory seat setting for an exit position for myself.
SO when i park i push 2 for the seat to go farther back therefore allowing an easier exit and entry upon returning.
Memory setting 1 u use for my normal driving position.
Should the memory setting for the seat NOT also remember your dynamic seat setting.
Further to that every few days all of a sudden my dynamic seat setting is back at Zero. Of course i notice that when i make a turn and it is not gripping.
I complained to the dealer and of course they could not find anything not working.
this is not every day and always it just happened again now after 3 days of working fine. Anyone else have this issue.
I dont have a ton of faith in the dealer as I asked him how to turn off the HD Radio and he said you could not do that and I found that setting in radio by myself.
I can't comment on using different memory settings just for easy exit; seems like a strange (and slow) way to exit a car.
That said, I have had the dynamic seat set itself to zero. This turned out to be a leak in the bladder and they replaced that.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:24 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 e 450 cabriolet
If you use the same key the dynamic seat setting should remain, perhaps a weak battery in the key fob is at fault.