Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) Discuss the SL55, SL63 and SL65 AMG.

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-28-2007, 03:51 PM   #1

Drives: 2005 SL65 w/RENNtech Stage 2, 2013 MB GL550
Production numbers of SL65, SL55 and SL550?

Does anyone know the production nymbers of the SL65, SL55 and SL550? Domestic and International? Just curious to see if the 65's and 55's were at least 20% of production.
Thanks,
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

GeorgeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:58 PM   #2
WSH
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: 2010 CL65
Vaguely recall AMG Private Lounge as having posted official annual produc vols for various AMGs over past few yrs....

And MB publicly releases model line sales every mth....

From what I recall, SL sales have collapsed....down some 40% 1H07 vs 1H06, despite discounts/cheap leases, etc.....and SL55/65 sales have become by-appt-only....

IMO, SL sales won't recover w/this second facelift attempt for MY09; MB needs to accelerate launch of new-tech SL if it wants sales recovery...

US typically buys 60%+ of global produc of any $125K+ MB (or most any other high-end car, except Ferrari which purposefully lims US allocation to <35% of global produc, to keep US mkt dramatically tight vs the EU mkt where new F are about as easy to obtain at MSRP (and also quickly depreciate) as any new AMG/P in US/EU).....
WSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 04:38 PM   #3
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Drives: SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Send a message via Yahoo to IngenereAMG Send a message via Skype™ to IngenereAMG
Whatever the production numbers are they are too high!

I was #1 on the list for the SL55 back in '02, and my dealer told me that MB/AMG were going to make this a 'limited production' car. As a result, I turned down $50K over MSRP when I took delivery. Litle did I know that 'limited' meant limited to as many as they could pump out!! Still a great car, and a keeper.

Ciao...Dino

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
SL55 AMG... delimited & 569hp/575ft lb tq
Ferrari F40 (sold)
Ferrari 348 Challenge... Tuned to 350 hp
Ferrari Testarossa(sold)
87 March/Cosworth Indycar
Ducati 916
BMW M3... tuned to 370 hp & delimited
Porsche Cayenne 'S' tuned to 385hp
Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale...tuned to 470hp
www.VelocePerformance.com
IngenereAMG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:48 PM   #4
Almost a Member!

Drives: sl55
Quote:
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG View Post
Whatever the production numbers are they are too high!

I was #1 on the list for the SL55 back in '02, and my dealer told me that MB/AMG were going to make this a 'limited production' car. As a result, I turned down $50K over MSRP when I took delivery. Litle did I know that 'limited' meant limited to as many as they could pump out!! Still a great car, and a keeper.
i agree, that's what makes the depreciation so great but i guess MB just looks at the bottom line...MONEY!
bigred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:48 PM

Tags
2007, 360, 550, amg, ferrari, figures, made, number, numbers, production, run, sl, sl55, sl550, sl55amg, sl63, totals, year